3:10 to Yuma (2007 film)
3:10 to Yuma is the 2007 remake of the 1957 film of the same name, making it the second adaptation of Elmore Leonard's short story. It is about a small-time rancher who agrees to hold a captured outlaw who's awaiting a train to go to court in Yuma. A battle of wills ensues as the outlaw tries to psych out the rancher.
Dan Evans 
- When you think about it, which I have been lately, is they weren't paying me to walk away. They were paying me so they could walk away.
Ben Wade 
- It's man's nature to take what he wants. That's how we're born.
- Dan Evans: Someday when you walk in my shoes you might understand.
- William Evans: I ain't never walking in your shoes.
- Grayson Butterfield: Twenty-two robberies. Over four hundred thousand dollars in losses. More in delays. The Southern Pacific will have Ben Wade convicted in a federal court. Hanged in public. An example made. And we will pay to make it happen.
- Ben Wade: Y'all notice he didn't mention any of the lives I've taken.
- Alice Evans: Ben Wade has a gang and they're out there tonight, somewhere.
- Dan Evans: If I don't go, we gotta pack up and leave. Now I'm tired, Alice. I'm tired of watching my boys go hungry. I'm tired of the way that they look at me. I'm tired of the way that you don't.
- Doc Potter: Is it true that you dynamited a wagon full of prospectors in the western territories last spring?
- Ben Wade: No, that's a lie... It was a train full.
- Charlie Prince: Morning Pinkerton. Name's Charlie Prince. I expect you heard of me.
- Byron McElroy: Well, I heard of a balled up whore named Charlie Princess. That you, missy?
- Charlie Prince: [shoots Byron] I hate Pinkertons.
- Byron McElroy: If you're gonna kill me, just as soon get to it.
- Ben Wade: I ain't gonna kill you. Not like this.
- Byron McElroy: Won't change a thing, lettin' me live. I'll come for you.
- Ben Wade: I'd be disappointed if you didn't.
- Doc Potter: [removes bullet]
- Byron McElroy: [notices horse anatomy diagrams] What the fuck kind of doctor are you, anyway?
- Doc Potter: It's nice to have a conversation with a patient for a change.
- Dan Evans: What did Doc Potter give his life for, William? McElroy...
- Ben Wade: Little red ants on a hill.
- Grayson Butterfield: I'll pay you the 200, Dan. Right now. And you can walk away.
- Dan Evans: You know, this whole ride... it's been egging on me. That's what the government gave me for my leg - 198 dollars 36 cents and the funny thing is that... when you think about it, which I have been lately, is they weren't paying me to walk away, they were paying me so they could walk away.
- Ben Wade: Don't muddy the past in the present, Dan.
- Dan Evans: No... Wade, I'm seeing the world the way it is.
- Ben Wade: They're gonna kill you and your father, William. They're gonna laugh while they do it. I think you know that.
- William Evans: Call 'em off.
- Ben Wade: Why should I?
- William Evans: Because you're not all bad.
- Ben Wade: Yes, I am.
- William Evans: You saved us from those Indians.
- Ben Wade: I saved myself.
- William Evans: You got us through the tunnels. You helped us get away.
- Ben Wade: If I had a gun in them tunnels, I would have used it on you.
- William Evans: I don't believe you.
- Ben Wade: Kid, I wouldn't last five minutes leading an outfit like that if I wasn't as rotten as hell.
- Dan Evans: [handing him Alice's brooch] William, I want you to give this back to your mother. I want you to tell her that it helped me find what was right.
- William Evans: Pa... I can't. I can't just leave you.
- Dan Evans: I'm gonna be a day behind you, William. Unless something happens, and if it does, I need a man at the ranch to run things, protect our family, and I know that you can do that because you've become a fine man, William. You've become a fine man. You got all the best parts of me. What few there are. [Dan shakes William's hand] And you just remember that your old man walked Ben Wade to that station when nobody else would.
- Christian Bale - Dan Evans
- Russell Crowe - Ben Wade
- Kevin Durand - Tucker
- Alan Tudyk - Doc Potter
- Peter Fonda - Byron McElroy
- Ben Foster - Charlie Prince
- Logan Lerman - William Evans
- Lennie Loftin - Hollander
- Gretchen Mol - Alice Evans
- Benjamin Petry - Mark Evans
- Luce Rains - Marshal Weathers
- Luke Wilson - Zeke
- Dallas Roberts - Grayson Butterfield
- Vinessa Shaw - Emmy
- Johnny Whitworth - Tommy Darden