A Fistful of Dollars
- Directed by Sergio Leone. Written by Víctor Andrés Catena, Jaime Comas Gil, and Sergio Leone, based on Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo.
Joe (The Man With No Name)
- [Before a gunfight, to the undertaker.] Get three coffins ready.
- [After same gunfight, to the undertaker] My mistake: four coffins.
- You see, I understand you men were just playin' around, but the mule, he just doesn't get it. Course, if you were to all apologize... [the men laugh] I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. Gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it...
- [To Ramon] "When the man with a 45 meets the man with a rifle, you said, "the man with a pistol is a dead man." [Joe loads his gun] Let's see if it's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.
- Sometimes the dead can be more useful than the living.
- When a man's got money in his pocket, he begins to appreciate peace.
- You shoot to kill, you better hit the heart. Your own words, Ramone. [Ramone fires off two shots, but Joe stands right back up] The heart, Ramone. Don't forget the heart. Aim for the heart, or you'll never stop me.
- Ramon Rojo: When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol will be a dead man. That's an old Mexican Proverb...and it's true.
- Don Miguel Rojo: With a gun in his hand, nothing stands in his way.
- Silvanito: I'm alive, and I want to remain with the living, understand? And when I'm dead, I want to remain with the dead. And I would be unhappy if somebody living forces me to remain with the living.
- Chico: Our orders are to make sure he does not die... but also to make sure he regrets the day he was born.
- John Baxter: Wait! Ramon! We'll pack up we'll leave, anything!
- Ramon Rojo: Are you sure Baxter?
- John Baxter: I swear it Ramon.
- Ramon Rojo: Maybe you should discuss it with your wife. I don't think she'll be too happy! [shoots him]
- Joe: Every town has a boss.
- Silvanito: Yes, but when there are two around, I'd say there is one too many!
- Joe: Baxter's over there, Rojo's there, me right smack in the middle.
- Silvanito: If you are thinking what I suspect, I tell you, don't try it!
- Joe: Crazy bell-ringer was right. There's money to be made in these parts. [pause] Which of the two is stronger?
- Silvanito: Which of them is stronger? Well... the Rojos. Especially Ramon.
- Esteban Rojo: My name is Esteban Rojo, my bother aked me to... what are you doing?
- Joe: Moving.
- Esteban Rojo: Don't you know all our men sleep here with us?
- Joe: Well that's all very cozy, but I don't find you men all that appealing.
- Don Miguel Rojo: That's the right idea? You didn't misunderstand?
- Joe: I get the wrong idea only when it suits me.
- Ramon Rojo: You are well informed, eh?
- Joe: A man's life in these parts often depends on a mere scrap of information. Your brother's own words.
- Ramon Rojo: Tell me. Why are you doing this for us?
- Joe: [Holds out his hand with a response that is almost a question] Five hundred dollars.
- Father: How may we thank you for what you are doing?
- Joe: Don't try just get goin' before the Rojos get here.
- Marisol: Why do you do this for us?
- Joe: Why? Because I knew someone like you once and there was no one there to help. Now get movin'. Get movin'! Get out of here right now kid!
- Joe: Mmh. Well, guess your government will be glad to see that gold back.
- Silvanito: And you? You don't want to be here when they get it, eh?
- Joe: You mean the Mexican government on one side? Maybe the Americans on the other side? Me right smack in the middle? Uhn-hn. Too dangerous. So long.
- Silvanito: Adios.
- This is the man with no name. Danger fits him like a glove.
- This short cigar belongs to a man with no name. This long gun belongs to a man with no name. This poncho belongs to a man with no name. He's going to trigger a whole new style in adventure.
- In his own way he is perhaps, the most dangerous man who ever lived!
- Clint Eastwood as Joe, the Stranger (the "Man with No Name")
- Gian Maria Volonté - Ramón Rojo
- Marianne Koch - Marisol
- José Calvo - Silvanito, The Inn Keeper
- Joseph Egger - Piripero, The Coffin Builder
- Antonio Prieto - Don Miguel Benito Rojo
- Sieghardt Rupp - Esteban Rojo
- Wolfgang Lukschy - Sheriff John Baxter
- Margarita Lozano - Doña Consuelo Baxter
- Mario Brega - Chico, Rojo Gang Member
- Benito Stefanelli - Rubio, Ramón's Rifleman
- Aldo Sambrell - Manolo, Rojo Gang Member