A Good Year
A Good Year is a 2006 international romantic comedy film produced and directed by Ridley Scott. Filmed in France and Britain, it featured a cast of British, French, New Zealand and Australian actors. The screenplay by Marc Klein is based on the 2004 novel of the same name by Peter Mayle. The film premiered at the 2006 Toronto International Film Festival.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Uncle Henry Skinner 
- You'll come to see that a man learns nothing from winning. The act of losing, however, can elicit great wisdom. Not least of which is, uh... how much more enjoyable it is to win. It's inevitable to lose now and again. The trick is not to make a habit of it.
- Once you find something good Max, you need to take care of it. You need to let it grow.
- [on the book Death in Venice] Given the title, I don't think you'll be surprised by the ending.
- Well done. Proves the adage that wisdom can be found in the most unlikely places.
Max Skinner 
- Pardon my lips. They find joy in the most unusual places.
- Real men don't play bridge.
- I'll give you a tip Bert.Never pat a burning dog.
- Kenny, I want the 10 year yield, I want the figures for the Andserson account and I want you to get your scrawny little backside out of my chair. Thank you.
- MacDonalds is in Avignon, fish and chips in Marseille. Allez.
- Morning lab rats.
- Kenny, why don't you go and find some small animals to hurt? I know, find a poodle and punt it off the balcony.
- I would like a lifetime spent with an irrational and suspicious goddess, some short-tempered jealousy on the side, and a bottle of wine that tastes like you, a glass that's never empty.
- Francis, I'm a banker. I have no imagination.
- Such a lovely tie. Do tell your mother I admire her taste.
- [ To Fanny Chenal ] Hello. Oh no, don't worry about me. I'm...I'm the pool man. I do this every Thursday, its just routine maintenance. Its been lovely chatting to you. And,and you are a spectacular vision... Any chance for a rope or a ladder ?
- Uh, yes. I'm the temporary custodian of the lime green roller skate, but its a hired car, a rental. Its not for sale.
- What is it, Major Lawrence, that attracts you, personally, to the desert?... Its clean. I like it because its clean !
- I'm more of a cognac drinker.I'm too impatient to be a wine lover.If I'm gonna get drunk, I don't want to spend the whole night doing it.
- [getting in the wrong side of the car] Bollocks!