The Ace Combat (エースコンバット) series is a combat flight simulation video game series made by Namco. Although much of the games are set in fictional universes, they borrow elements from real-life wars, such as the Persian Gulf War, the Cold War, World War II, and many others.
- Letter writer: I was just a child when the stars fell from the skies, but I remember how we built a cannon to destroy them and in turn, how that cannon brought war upon us. War was an abstract idea, nothing more than a show on T.V. As a child, I always saw it as happening on some faraway land, until on that final day of summer...
- [hangar speech before the final mission]
- Good morning, troops. I have an important announcement. In one hour, each one of you will take part in the most important mission in our history...A mission that will result in the defeat of the vile enemy who has brought chaos to our continent. Although we are from different nations and of different races, we have fought, suffered and died together... Fighting for what we believe in... Fighting for freedom. Today, we shall gather for the final battle...to liberate our beautiful continent and restore freedom to our people, our friends and our families. Our victory will herald the beginning of a new era of prosperity for the Usean Continent. Victory will be ours! We shall return peace to our people. We will win back our freedom...and our future. The skies belong to everyone...Now, let us take back our "shattered skies"!
- AWACS SkyEye: "Target destroyed! There he is! We have Mobius 1 on radar!"
Friend G: "Bravo 1 here, that plane that flew in, is it alright?"
AWACS SkyEye: "Yes, he's fine! I got a visual on him right now!"
Friend G: "So, did we win the war?"
AWACS SkyEye: "I don't know. History determines the winner. But there's one thing I can say for certain. Heroes really do exist. We've just seen one, and now he's coming home."
- [during the Port St. Hewlett mission]
- AWACS Thunderhead: Edge, you lead the formation.
- Nagase: Negative. Blaze is leading. I'll protect his six 'o' clock.
- AWACS Thunderhead: Second Lieutenant Nagase, follow your orders!
- Nagase: No, Blaze is leading, I'll protect his six o'clock and I'm not gonna lose another flight lead.
- Albert Genette: Who do you think's covering up the battle?
- Heartbreak One: Listen, the only thing across that ocean is Murska Air Base. That's Yuktobanian territory.
- Albert Genette: But, haven't we been allies with the Yukes since the war fifteen years ago?
- [during "A Call For Peace" broadcast]
- President Vincent Harling: This is President Harling of the Osean Federation. Attention, all Osean and Yuktobanian officers and soldiers currently on the battlefield. Let us put down our guns and come out of the trenches. The Osean capital of Oured has been freed of the people who took advantage of my absence to usurp control of my country. Once robbed of my freedom and of my ability to do the right thing, I now stand again under the light of the golden sun and I do so with the honorable Yuktobanian Prime Minister Nikanor by my side. We have resolved our terrible and unfortunate differences, and the war is now over. [ushers Nikanor to podium]
- Prime Minister Seryozha Nikanor: This is Prime Minister Nikanor, Head of Government for the Union of Yuktobanian Republics. Attention all officers and soldiers of Osea and Yuktobania currently on the battlefield. [invites Harling to step forward] Please watch as President Harling and I stand shoulder to shoulder, hand in hand. President Harling's words are true. The war is over, but there is still one more battle left to be fought.
- Harling: We believe that those who have tried to stir hatred between us are preparing a weapon that could wipe out half of all metropolitan areas in both of our countries. Our forces are in the air as we speak, determined to stop this plan dead in its tracks. Which of our countries will be hit by this machine of destruction? That we do not know.
- Nikanor: However, that is no longer important. No matter which of our countries gets hit, it will be a severe blow to all of us.
- Harling: So I ask you, members of the military, if you see it in your hearts, please utilise the resources available to you to help our brave pilots. Right now they are now flying east [looks up] to meet the enemy.
- Nikanor: To those who still dare to hide behind the power of their hateful weapons, bring yourself to the light of peace and harmony! [Cheers and Applause from audience]
- Larry "Pixy" Foulke: (parts of dialogue change depending on ace style gauge) "Every time I flew with him, his skill stood out. He was unstoppable...
(Knight path)...He was cool-headed and proud. A combat professional. Demon Lord fit him perfectly. Maybe the man was blessed by the goddess of war...
(Soldier path)...He would ascertain the situation in an instant, and change the tide of battle. He was born for combat. It was no wonder they called him Demon Lord. That said, it was hell trying to keep up with him...
(Mercenary path)...It didn't matter where the battlefield was, the man had complete trust in his own powers. He was born for battle. A Demon Lord who struck down all opposition. He paid no heed to the troubles of those who flew with him...
...Before long, everyone had taken notice of him. More and more would show up to watch him go off on sortie. Mercenaries or maintenance crew, it didn't matter. People wanted to burn his image into their memories. Hell, they weren't the only ones."
- Marcela "Macarena" Vasquez: If the Demon Lord hadn't appeared, our lives might have been different. For me, it wasn't about flying or ideals. Most of all, it was about him; My flight lead. Our mission was to escort the heavy command cruiser that was to act as transportation for the organization. And the Demon Lord appeared, as if to block our paths. I will never forget his overwhelming power. One-by-one, my comrades were shot down, and then the mother bird we were supposed to protect...(next sections of dialogue change based on Ace Style gauge)
(Knight Path) We survived after the fight. We left our organization and returned to the ground together. But, those whose hearts are in the sky will always return to the sky. He was one of them, and so he left, even though his wounds had yet to heal. And he died there, never to return to me...
(Soldier Path)...We survived after the fight. We left our organization and returned to the ground together. But, he was heavily wounded. He soon passed away, leaving me behind. We were only able to spend a short time together in peace and quiet....
(Mercenary Path) ...I returned alive from that battlefield. And I returned to this city, where I grew up. I left the organization too. I never went back to the sky again. There's no meaning there now that he's gone. He died in that fight...
...But I don't blame anyone. The regret and suffering that remained after that battle were also what he had given me. They're among the precious few things he left behind.
- Brett Thompson: The Demon Lord of the Round Table, a warrior who soared through the Belkan War, inspiring both fear and admiration. His presence filled the skies for but a few short months before he disappeared. Apart from that, nothing is known about him. I was never able to find out what kind of a person he really was. But whenever they talked about him, they always had a slight smile on their faces. That, perhaps, may be my answer.
- Aurelian Liberation Corps Leader: Onward! Onward! We'll steal Leasath's weapons and use them to take back Griswall!!
ALC Soldier: We'll show Leasath just how pissed we really are!
- Aurelian Fleet: 1st Fleet to 3rd Fleet. Any sign of the Gleipnir?
Aurelian Fleet: Third Fleet. No sign of it yet.
Aurelian Fleet: Understood. Continue your patrol of the area.
(Jet engine noise)
Aurelian Fleet: What's that sound?
(Gleipnir appears above the fleet)
Aurelian Fleet: Look! It's the Gleipnir!
Aurelian Fleet: Don't just stand there! Attack! Target the Gleipnir!
Aurelian Fleet: Commence cannon fire!! Hit it with everything we've got!
Aurelian Fleet: The SWBM can't reach us here, but watch out for conventional ordnance!
Aurelian Fleet: Look! The disk on the bottom...it's started to glow! What's it gonna...
(Flash of blue and white light - the Aurelian fleet explodes)
Aurelian Fleet: The ships under the Gleipnir just...disintegrated!
Aurelian Fleet: What the hell was that?!
- Leasath Base Soldier: Fenrir's been destroyed!
Leasath Base Commander: Put out that fire! Protect the control system!
Leasath Base Soldier: It's no good, the fire's spreading! Dammit! It spread all the way in here!
Leasath Base Commander: Use whatever you can find! Put the fire out! Leasath's future depends on it!
Leasath Base Soldier: It's no good! The fire extinguishing system is out!
Leasath Base Commander: The future of our country destroyed, all because of one single pilot: Nemesis!
Leasath Base Soldier: It's too late! There's nothing we can do! Run for it!
- Lt Col Victor Voychek:: Calling all Strigon planes, Gracemeria shall be ours for the taking!
- AWACS Ghost Eye: Air Defense Command has ordered an evacuation. You've been ordered to give up Gracemeria.
Windhover: There's no way we're going to follow that order!
AWACS Ghost Eye: We are militarily at a huge disadvantage here. Comply with the order.
Avalanche: This is Avalanche, we're not going anywhere!
AWACS Ghost Eye: Listen! It's only temporary. The plan is to withdraw, meet up with all remaining forces from each area, then regroup for a counterattack!
- Lt Commander Ilya Pasternak: Garuda, are you getting this? It's not over yet.
Garuda 2: Who is this?!
Pasternak: The real war has just begun.
Garuda 2: Who the hell is this?! What are you talking about?!"
Pasternak: Corrupt governments and marred lands are no longer worth fighting to protect. There's only one thing worth protecting now. [UAVs and Pasternak's aircraft appear on radar and HUD]
AWACS Ghost Eye: Unknown aircraft approaching fast! This may be an attack!
Pasternak: And that's the future!
- Bishop: The Shark. You're real.
Colonel Andrei "Akula" Markov: Colonel Bishop.
Captain José "Guts" Gutierrez: Get off the frequency, asshole.
Markov: Ah, Captain Gutierrez. Your eloquence is legendary. A pleasure to speak directly with you, Colonel Bishop. Even if it's only to say, farewell.
- Viper 7: More contacts. Low and hot.
AWACS Magic: Roger that, Viper 7. You are cleared to engage.
Viper 7: There's a lot of these guys.
Saber 5: This is Saber 5. Saber 6 is down. We need search and rescue, stat!
Jericho 1: Magic, this is Jericho 1! We're targeting hostile aircraft from the ground! Have our friendlies stay clear of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge!
Jericho 2: This is Jericho 2. We're deploying on the riverbank and are engaging hostiles.
- Bishop: Markov.
Magic: Warwolf, single bandit low, along the river.
Bishop: It's him. Akula.
Magic: Warwolf. Colonel, there are no SAM defenses between you and the Capitol.
Bishop: Understood. Moving to intercept.