(Redirected from Ad reinhardt)
Adolph Dietrich Friedrich Reinhardt ("Ad" Reinhardt) (December 24, 1913 – August 30, 1967) was a painter, writer, and pioneer of conceptual and minimal art. He was also a critic of abstract expressionism.
|This artist article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The artists is responsible for his history and his nature, his history is part of his nature.
- Gerhard Richter, Doubt and belief in painting, Robert Storr, MOMA, New York, 2003, p. 32 note 1
- Art is art-as-art and everything else is everything else.
- Purer and emptier...non-objective, non-representational, non-figurative, non-imagist, non-expressionist, non-subjective .** On abstract art
- The only way to say what abstract is, is to say what it is not.