Alan Alda (born 28 January 1936) is an award-winning American actor, perhaps most famous for his role as Hawkeye Pierce in the television series M*A*S*H.
- The good thing about being a hypocrite is that you get to keep your values.
- My mother didn’t try to stab my father until I was six.
- in his memoir Never Have Your Dog Stuffed: And Other Things I've Learned, Random House, 2005, ISBN 1400064090
- ... life is meaningless unless you bring meaning to it; ... it is up to us to create our own existence. Unless you do something, unless you make something it's as though you aren't there.
- Don't ever aim your doubt at yourself. Laugh at yourself, but don't doubt yourself.
- The best things said come last. People will talk for hours saying nothing much and then linger at the door with words that come with a rush from the heart.
- Begin challenging your own assumptions. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in awhile, or the light won't come in.
About Alan Alda 
- I have a final word of advice to our students. If you work very, very hard, this is the kind of actor, writer and director you may turn out to be, and if you work extra hard, this is the kind of person you may turn out to be.
External links