Ali Zayn al-Abidin
‘Alī ibn Husayn Zaynul ‘Ābidīn (658 - 713 AD) (Arabic: علي بن حسين زين العابدين ) was the fourth Twelver Shī‘ah Imām. He was the son of Husayn ibn ‘Alī and was the great-grandson of Muhammad. He is known to both Sunni and Shī‘ah Muslims as Zaynul ‘Ābidīn (Jewel of the Worshippers) and only to Shī‘as as Imām Sajjād (The prostrating Imām).
General Quotes 
- If people realize the value of science and knowledge, they will sacrifice themselves for earning it.
- Majlisi, Bihārul Anwār, vol.1, p.183
- I wonder at him who shows haughtiness and vainglory, while he was as a sperm yesterday and will be a carrion tomorrow.
- Balāghat al-Imām Zayn al-‘Ābidīn, p.27 ; Mirza Muhammad Taqi Lisan al-Mulk Sipihr, Nāsikh al-Tawārikh, vol.1, p.484
- There was no day like the Day of al-Husayn, when thirty thousand men advanced against him (while) they claimed that they belonged to this community, and that they (wanted) to seek proximity to Allah, the Great and Almighty, through (shedding) his blood. He (al-Husayn) reminded them of Allah, but they did not learn (from him) till they killed him out of (their) oppression and aggression.
- Majlisi, Bihārul Anwār, vol.9, p.147
- Surely, I have never brought to mind the martyrdom of the children of Fātimah (A.S.) except that I have been choked with tears due to it.
- Majlisi, Bihārul Anwār, vol.46, p.109
Religious Wisdom 
- I assure (you) before my Lord, that he who begs without neediness, will some day begs out of neediness.
- Muhammad al-Hur al-Aamili, Wasā'il al-Shī‘ah, vol.6, p.305
- (The position of) patience in faith is like that of the head in the body, and he who has no patience has no faith.
- Muhammad Kulayni, Usūl al-Kāfī, vol.2, p.89
- The dearest among you to God (the High), is the one whose deeds and behavior are better than others.
- Majlisi, Bihārul Anwār, vol.78, p.136
- Anybody who performs his necessary duties that God has obliged him perform, he himself will be one of the best worshippers of all.
- Muhammad al-Hur al-Aamili, Wasā'il al-Shī‘ah, vol.11, p.206
- Be aware that the most detested person in the presence of God, is the one who accepts an Imam as a leader, but doesn't follow him in action.
- Ibn Shu’ba al-Harrani, Tuhaf al-'Uqul, p.287
- To what extent you can, avoid bad deeds, even if everybody takes you as the agent of bad deeds.
- Majlisi, Bihārul Anwār, vol.78, p.161