American Hustle (2013 film)
American Hustle is a 2013 film about two con artists who are forced by an FBI agent to set up an elaborate sting operation on corrupt politicians, including the mayor of Camden, New Jersey. It is loosely based on the FBI ABSCAM operation of the late 1970s and early '80s.
- Directed by David O. Russell. Written by Eric Warren Singer and David O. Russell.
- She was the Picasso of passive-aggressive karate.
- I felt like we had a secret, just the two of us. Like that thing where you just wanna be with one person all the time. You feel like the two of you get something no one else gets.
Sydney Prosser/Lady Edith Greensly
- You're nothing to me until you're everything.
- The car is a total wreck, and I'm a little stiff. But I don't want to talk about it.
- We fight and then we fuck, that's our thing.
- That's why I sent them [Mafia Henchmen] over there, because I know they were gonna knock some sense into you, and you were going to come up with a plan to get us out of all this. So thank God for me.
- Irving: [Rosalyn has accidentally destroyed their new microwave] I told you not to put metal in the science oven, what did you do that for?
- Rosalyn: Don't make such a big deal! Just get another one.
- Irving: I don't want another one, want the one that Carmine gave me.
- Rosalyn: [mocking] Oh, Carmine! I want the one that Carmine gave me! Carmine! Carmine! Why don't you just marry Carmine? Get a little gold microwave and put it on a chain around your neck! You wanna be more like Carmine? Why don't you build something, like he does? Instead of all your empty deals; they're just like your fuckin' science oven. You know, I read that it takes all of the nutrition out of our food! It's empty, just like your deals. Empty! Empty!
- Irving: Bullshit.
- Rosalyn: It's not bullshit! I read it in an article, look: By Paul Bradeur [hands Irving the article] Bring something into this house that's gonna take all the nutrition out of our food and then light our house on fire? Thank God for me.
- Rosalyn: Life is ridiculous. And you know that I would never say anything bad about your father in front of you, but your father is a sick son-of-a-bitch.
- Danny: Daddy's a sick son-of-a-bitch?
- Rosalyn: Don't repeat that... but yes.
- Paco: This whole thing is racist. Abscam? "Arab-scam"? It's completely racist!
- Richie: So what do you have to worry about, Sheik? You're Mexican.
- Sydney: [On the phone] Who was that?
- Richie: My fiancee.
- Sydney: You have a fiancee?
- Richie: Well... sorta... I guess... I don't know.
- Irving: You're young. You're beautiful. You gotta go out and find somebody else. Get some friends. Alright?
- Rosalyn: I don't like going out. I get anxiety when I have to meet people. You know how hard that is.
- Christian Bale - Irving Rosenfeld
- Bradley Cooper - FBI Agent Richard "Richie" DiMaso
- Amy Adams - Sydney Prosser/Lady Edith Greensly
- Jeremy Renner - Mayor Carmine Polito
- Jennifer Lawrence - Rosalyn Rosenfeld
- Louis C.K. - Stoddard Thorsen
- Jack Huston - Pete Musane
- Michael Peña - Paco Hernandez/Sheik Abdullah
- Shea Whigham - Carl Elway
- Alessandro Nivola - Anthony Amado
- Elisabeth Röhm - Dolly Polito
- Paul Herman - Alfonse Simone
- Robert De Niro - Victor Tellegio