Back to the Future
(Redirected from Back To The Future)
Back to the Future is a 1985 film about time travel. After traveling back to 1955, Marty McFly accidentally interferes with his parents' courtship and must make them fall in love... or else he will never be born.
- If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour, you're going to see some serious shit.
- I'm sure that in 1985 plutonium is available in every corner drug store, but in 1955 it's a little hard to come by.
- Marty [To Jennifer]: You know, this time it wasn't my fault. The Doc set all his clocks 25 minutes slow--
- Strickland [Suddenly appearing from behind]: "The Doc"? Am I to understand you're still hanging around with Dr. Emmett Brown, McFly? Tardy slip for you Ms. Parker. And one for you, McFly. I believe that makes four in a row. Now let me give you a nickel's worth of free advice, young man. This so called Dr. Brown is dangerous, he's a real nutcase. You hang around with him, you're gonna end up in big trouble.
- Marty: Oh, yes sir.
- Strickland: You got a real attitude problem, McFly. You're a slacker. You remind me of your father when he went here. He was a slacker, too.
- Marty: Can I go now, Mr. Strickland?
- Strickland: I noticed your band is on the roster for the dance auditions after school today. Why even bother, McFly? You don't have a chance. You're too much like your old man. No McFly ever amounted to anything in the history of Hill Valley!
- Marty: Yeah, well, history is gonna change.
- Lorraine [On Jennifer]: I don't like her, Marty. Any girl who just calls up a boy is just asking for trouble.
- Linda: Oh, Mom, there's nothing wrong with calling a boy.
- Lorraine: I think it's terrible! Girls chasing boys. When I was your age I never chased a boy or called a boy or sat in a parked car with a boy.
- Linda: Then how am I supposed to ever meet anybody?
- Lorraine: Well, it will just happen, like the way I met your father.
- Linda: That was so stupid! Grandpa hit him with the car.
- Lorraine: [wistfully] It was meant to be. Anyway, if Grandpa hadn't him then none of you would have been born.
- Linda: Yeah, well, I still don't understand what Dad was doing in the middle of the street.
- Lorraine: What was it, George? Birdwatching?
- George: What, Lorraine? What?
- Lorraine: Anyway, your Grandpa hit him with the car, and brought him into the house. He seemed so helpless, like a little lost puppy. And my heart just went out to him.
- Linda: Yeah, Mom, we know. You've told us this story a million times. You felt sorry for him, so you decided to go with him to the Fish Under the Sea dance.
- Lorraine: No, no, it was the Enchantment Under the Sea dance. Our first date. I'll never forget it. It was the Night of that terrible thunderstorm, remember, George? [George wasn't listening to what Lorraine was saying] Your father kissed me for the very first time on that dance floor. And...and it was then that I realized...that I was going to spend the rest of my life with him.
- Marty: Wait a minute. Wait a minute Doc, uh, are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?
- Doc: The way I see it, if you're going to build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
- Doc: Tell me, Future Boy, who's President of the United States in 1985?
- Marty: Ronald Reagan.
- Doc: Ronald Reagan? The actor? [rolls his eyes] Ha! Then who's vice-president, Jerry Lewis? I suppose Jane Wyman is the First Lady?
- Marty: Whoa, wait. Doc!
- Doc: And Jack Benny is Secretary of the Treasury!
- Marty: Are you trying to tell me that my mother has got the hots for me?
- Doc: Precisely!
- Marty: Whoa, this is heavy.
- Doc: There's that word again: "heavy." Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?
- [George McFly comes to Lorraine Baines at the local diner]
- George: Lorraine. My density has brought me to you.
- Lorraine Baines: [non-plussed] What?
- George: [trying to utter line written on notebook without being caught] Oh. What I meant to say was...
- Lorraine: Wait a minute. Don't I know you from somewhere?
- George: Yes. Yes. I'm George. George McFly. I'm your density. I mean, your destiny.
- Lorraine: Wow.
- Lorraine: Marty, why are you so nervous?
- Marty: Lorraine, have you ever been in a situation where you knew you had to act a certain way, but when you got there, you didn't know if you could go through with it?
- Lorraine: You mean, like how you're supposed to act on a first date?
- Marty: Well, sort-sort of.
- Lorraine: I think I know exactly what you mean. You know what I do in those situations?
- Marty: What?
- Lorraine: I don't worry. [kisses him hard, then stops and pulls back] This is all wrong. I don't know what it is, but when I'm kissing you, it's like I'm kissing... my brother. I guess that's doesn't make any sense, does it?
- Marty: Believe me, it makes perfect sense.
- Marty: What about all that talk about screwing up future events? The space-time continuum?
- Doc: Well, I figured, what the hell?
- Meet Marty McFly. He's broken the time barrier. Busted his parents' first date. And, maybe, botched his chances of ever being born.
- 17 year old Marty McFly got home early last night. 30 years early.
- Marty McFly just broke the time barrier. He's only got one week to get it fixed.
- Marty McFly's having the time of his life. The only question is -- what time is it?
- He was never in time for his classes... He wasn't in time for his dinner... Then one day... he wasn't in his time at all.
- Bumping into your parents is no big deal unless you bump into them before you were born.
- He's the only kid ever to get into trouble before he was born.
- Hello? Anybody home? Think McFly, Think!
- Michael J. Fox — Marty McFly
- Christopher Lloyd — Doc Brown
- Thomas F. Wilson — Biff Tannen
- Lea Thompson — Lorraine McFly
- Crispin Glover — George McFly
- James Tolkan — Mr. Strickland
- Donald Fullilove — Goldie Wilson
- Claudia Wells — Jennifer Parker
- Harry Waters Jr. — Marvin Berry