(Redirected from Ballmer, Steve)
- When we tell the story about what's happening today with browsers ten years from now, I want the thing that replaces Windows to be Windows. I don't want to wake up in a position one day where the guys at Netscape say, "Isn't Windows just that little thing that we use to put up menus and draw lines? Let's just write our own and suck it up into our client."
- Interview by CNET (May 1996)
- We've had DRM in Windows for years. The most common format of music on an iPod is "stolen".
- Lettice, John (October 7, 2004). "Love DRM or my family starves: why Steve Ballmer doesn't Get It". Software (The Register). Retrieved on 2007-04-20.
- Most people still steal music.
- I think it would be absolutely reckless and irresponsible for anyone to try and break up Microsoft.
- Linux is not in the public domain. Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to everything it touches. That's the way that the license works.
- "Microsoft CEO takes launch break with the Sun-Times" (1 June 2001) Chicago Sun Times
- I've got my kids brainwashed: You don't use Google, and you don't use an iPod.
- I don't really know that anybody's proven that a random collection of people doing their own thing actually creates value.
- Developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers.
- Steve Ballmer - Developers. YouTube. Retrieved on 2008-04-03.
- There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance.
- CEO Forum: Microsoft's Ballmer having a 'great time'. USA TODAY. Retrieved on 2007-04-30.
- Fucking Eric Schmidt is a fucking pussy. I'm going to fucking bury that guy, I have done it before, and I will do it again. I'm going to fucking kill Google.
- Attributed by Mark Lucovsky in court documents. Carlson, Nicholas (July 14, 2009). "Google Loses Prized Engineering Director". Business Insider, Inc.. Retrieved on 2011-12-21.
- In a statement, Ballmer described Lucovsky's recollection as a "gross exaggeration. Mark's decision to leave was disappointing and I urged him strongly to change his mind. But his characterization of that meeting is not accurate." (author unidentified) (September 3, 2005). "Microsoft CEO: 'I'm going to f---ing kill Google'". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved on 2007-01-26.