Barbara Gordon is a superhero in the w:DC Comics Universe. In 1966 she was introduced as Batgirl; since 1989 she has been known as Oracle.
As Batgirl 
- Worry about a girl, eh? Hah! If they think they can cut me off from where the action is, they're mistaken! I restyled this motor bike for just such an emergency!
- No use masquerading any longer, Dad. Because I want to run for congress in your place! You admitted you don’t want the job! And it’s the only way I can really fight crime — prevent it — through prison reform!
Flawed Gems 
- I’ll always believe in second chances. I’m too flawed myself not to. Someday the morning will come when I won’t be needed. But until then I have my nights.
As Oracle 
- Look around you, guys. This whole situation defies reason. But I’m not letting anyone run me out of my hometown. I didn’t let the Joker do it and I’m damn sure not going to let a bunch of bureaucrats do it!
Oracle Year One: Born of Hope 
- A little over a year has passed since my old life ended, since I died and was reborn. The shadows remain, but only to give contrast to the light. I am no longer a distaff impersonation of someone else — I’m me, more me than I have ever been. I embrace it, and the light, with a deep, continuing joy.
External links