Batman & Robin (1997 film)
Batman & Robin is a 1997 film and the fourth installment in the comic book-inspired film series initiated by Tim Burton. It starred George Clooney in his only appearance as Batman and Chris O'Donnell returning as Robin. It also introduced Batgirl (Alicia Silverstone), a niece of Bruce Wayne's butler Alfred (Michael Gough).
Batman / Bruce Wayne
- Vengeance isn't true power. Anyone can take a life. Giving life is true power, the power you once had.
- The heat is on, Freeze!
- I'll cancel the pizzas!
- We're going to need a bigger cave.
Poison Ivy / Dr. Pamela Isley
- There's something about an anatomically correct rubber suit that puts fire in a girl's lips.
- It took God seven days to create paradise. Let's see if I can do better.
- Men, the most absurd of God's creatures. We give you life... and we can take it away just as easily.
- Sorry, my vines have a crush on you!
- Oh, and Jason, one other thing, I probably should've mentioned this earlier: I'm...POISON!
- I'm a lover not a fighter, which is why every Poison Ivy action figure comes with him!
Mr. Freeze / Dr. Victor Fries
- In this universe, there's only one absolute ... everything freezes!
- Let's kick some ICE!
- What killed the dinosaurs? The Ice Age.
- Mercy? I'm afraid my condition has left me cold to your pleas of mercy.
- If revenge is a dish best served cold, then put on your Sunday finest.
- We aim to ... freeze.
- Tonight's forecast, a Freeze is coming!
- You're not sending me to the cooler!
- Take two of these and call me in the morning.
- It's a COLD town!
- Cool party!
- Allow me to break the ice. My name is Freeze. Learn it well, for it is the chilling sound of your doom.
- A laundry service that delivers! Wow.
- Watch the numbers Batman, for they are the harbingers of your doom. Can you feel it? The icy cold of space! AAAAAH! At 30,000 feet your heart will freeze… and beat no more!
- Freeze in Hell, Batman!
- Robin: [checking out the Batmobile] I want a car, chicks dig the car.
- Batman: This is why Superman works alone.
- Robin: I could have made that jump!
- Batman: And you could have splattered your brains all over the side of the building.
- Robin: You know, in the circus, the Flying Graysons were a team. We had to trust each person to do their jobs. That's what being partners is all about. Sometimes, counting on someone else is the only way you win.
- Batman: Your head wasn't even on the job. All you could think about was Poison Ivy.
- Robin: You just can't stand it! Maybe she wanted me instead of you. I mean, this is your idea of friendship, isn't it, Bruce? It's your house, it's your rules, it's your way to the highway! It's Batman and Robin, not Robin and Batman, and I'm sick of it!
- Batman: Yes, it's my rules. *My* rules to keep us alive, and if you want to stay in this house, and on this team, you will abide by them!
- Robin: This is no partnership. You're never gonna trust me!
- Bruce Wayne: [about Robin] Well, he's over-eager. He's impulsive. I can't trust him not to get hurt.
- Alfred Pennyworth: Perhaps the truth is you really don't trust anyone.
- Bruce Wayne: Oh, don't tell me you're on his side, again.
- Alfred Pennyworth: Despite all your talents, you are still a novice in the ways of family. Master Dick follows the same star as you but gets there by his own course. You must learn to trust him, for that is the nature of family.
- Bruce Wayne: I trust you, Alfred.
- Alfred Pennyworth: But I shan't be here forever.
- Poison Ivy: There's just something about an anatomically correct rubber suit that puts fire in a girl's lips.
- Batman: Why is it that all the beautiful ones are homicidal maniacs? Is it me?
- [Alfred misses the doorbell]
- Alfred Pennyworth: I must have dozed off. My sincerest apologies.
- Bruce Wayne: Oh, there's no apology necessary, Alfred. It's the first time it's happened in 30 years.
- Robin: I can't believe we were fighting over a bad guy!
- Batman: Bad? Yes. Guy? No.
- Robin: Well I'm totally over her, alright? Positively!
- Batman: Me too! Definitely! [pause] Great stems, though...
- Robin: Buds, too.
- Batman: Yeah, those were nice...
- [Batgirl disables Mr. Freeze's freeze-ray]
- Robin: You're pretty good at this, little girl.
- Batgirl: Well, watch and learn, little boy.
- [Poison Ivy has been defeated and imprisoned in Arkham Asylum; dazed, she plucks at a flower]
- Poison Ivy: He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me. He loves me...
- [Mr. Freeze appears in the cell]
- Mr. Freeze: NOT! Surprise, I am your new cell mate. And I'm here to make your life a living hell. Prepare for a bitter harvest. Winter has come at last.