Beware the Batman
Beware the Batman is an American computer-animated television series based on the DC Comics superhero Batman. The series was premiered in the United States on Cartoon Network on July 13, 2013,as part of their DC Nation block. It is the replacement for Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Beware the Batman is produced by Warner Bros. Animation.
- Professor Pyg: Welcome to the hunt, Gotham City.
(Toad and Pyg are being persued by Batman)
- Mr. Toad: Boss, it's the bat-guy!
- Professor Pyg: It's BatMAN, Toad. Respect our enemies.
- Alfred: My ankle's broken.
- Professor Pyg: Oh dear me. Let me see if I have a bandage for that. (Rumbles through medical bag) Sorry chap, fresh out. (Pulls out a hand-saw) Looks like that leg is going to have to come off!
(Batman faces Magpie. When she is about to escape, Batman kicks her and she flies onto a crate)
- Magpie: Hey, you just hit a girl!
- Batman: No, I hit a criminal. You've given me quite a run. 6 warehouses, stolen high-tech electronics worth millions.
- Magpie: Really? Millions? I just like the way they sparkle. Mr.?
- Batman: Batman
- Magpie: Magpie. (Seeing Batman's utility belt) Ooh, nice belt. Shiny, shiny. Can I have it?
- Batman:I'm using it right now. How about a shiny pair of handcuffs instead? (Holds up the handcuffs)
- Magpie: Shiny, shiny.
(magpie had taken Doctor Ravencroft hostage, Batman comes in, and uses a batarang to knock off Magpie's wig, to reveal Ravencroft's secretary. Magpie notices this in the mirror, and is confused.)
- Magpie: What is this? Who's face is that?
- Batman: You don't know. Two personalities in one body, unaware of each other.
- Magpie: What're you talking about?
- Batman: Margaret Sorrow was part of an experiment Braxton and Ravencroft were conducting. For your participation, you received early released.
- Magpie: No! They took my memories! THEY STOLE THEM FROM ME!
- Batman: I'm sorry, but you did this to yourself. Margaret Sorrow volunteered, the experiment was meant to strip the bad out of criminals, and in your case it worked. For a while anyway.(Magpie looks at herself in the mirror) They gave you a new name, a new face, a new life. But sometimes the bad is just too strong. It has a way of coming back.
- Magpie: No! Lies! (She punches the mirror) I want to know who i am, and she can give that back to me. (Magpie extends her fingernails into claws, about to kill Ravencroft, when Gordon shots her nails off.)
- Gordon: Don't move, Batman. You either,... bird-girl.
- Magpie: (She picks up the shot-off nails) Shiny, shiny. (She throws her nails at Gordon. One of them cuts his arm and it makes him cry in pain. Magpie then jumps up, knocks Gordon down and runs off. Batman follows her, but is stopped by Gordon's gunshot.)
- Gordon: You're not going anywhere.
- Batman: We don't have time for this Lieutenant. Help the doctor, I'll stop Magpie. (He goes after Magpie)
- Batman: (After defeating Magpie) No more shiny shiny. (He takes his utility belt from Magpie and puts it back on his waist) Is the doctor safe Lieutenant? (He turns around to see Lieutenant Gordon pointing his gun at him.)
- Gordon: Shaken up but fine. She had no idea that Cassie was once Margaret Sorrow.
- Batman: Makes sense. Different face, different memories. My guest: Magpie subconsciously drove her here for revenge.
- Gordon: Well now Margaret,Cassie,Magpie whatever her name goes back to jail.
- Batman: Put her back in the hole that created her. Is that justice?
- Gordon: That's the law
- Batman: Will I be getting the same justice?
- Gordon: Yes, but not tonight. Just so we're clear, nothing has changed between us. (As he talks, he puts handcuffs on the unconscious Magpie) We aren't friends. You helped me tonight so I owe you. But the next time we cross paths... (He turns around to see that Batman has disappeared)
(Anarky has rigged bombs on two sky-lifts, set to explode when they cross. Batman intervenes, and the two fight until Anarky pulls out a dead man switch.)
- Anarky: Congradulations, you countered my move. You passed the test.
- Batman: It wasn't much of a test.
- Anarky: You have no idea what a honor it is to be chosen as my enemy... It's a really big deal.
- Batman: I thought I'd found an opponent to match wits with, but you're just another lunatic in a costume.
- Anarky: Madness is the more interesting choice. Logic and order are so... predictable.
- Batman: Unless, I make a logical choice to do something insane. (Batman grabs the dead man switch, punches Anarky, who drops the switch, and nothing happens to the skylifts.)
- Anarky: WHAT?! Why didn't they explode?!
- Batman: Frequency jamming disk. Unpredictable enough for you?!
- Katana: You're never completely safe.
- Alfred: The ones that can dodge bullets are always a bother.
(Gordon and a small police squad has discovered a person alive in a statue-like toy soldier)
- Gordon: Somebody get the Jaws of Life. Let's cut that guy out.
(Gordon and the bomb squad has the status-suit hostage in the balst bunker of GCPD headquarters. Gordon's phone rings.)
- Gordon: Hello?... How did you get this number? And how did you reach me? We're 300 feet underground.
- Batman: Hacked your phone and modified your SIM chip. Gotham PD should get better security for their equipment.
- Gordon: I'll put that in the suggestion box.
- Batman: The man in the suit...
- Gordon: Joseph Krimple, AKA Icepick Joe.
- Ickpick Joe: What? Who are you talking to? Where am I? Get me out of this thing!
- Gordon: What's your point?
- Batman: Icepick is one of Tobias Whale's hit-squad goons.
- Gordon: Stay away from Whale, Batman.
- Batman: Not an option. Just thought you deserved a courtesy call. (Hangs up)
- Gordon: (Dials phone) Rodrigiez, it's Gordon. I need you to assemble a... (Dial tone) Hello? Hello? (Looks at phone, says 'No Service' on screen) Batman can get reciption, but not me.
- Batman: Computer: last known address of Humpty Dumpty.
- Computer: A wall.
- Batman: I'll rephrase.
(Batman chases Humpty Dumpty through his castle after he resuced Gordon and Whale.)
- Humpty Dumpty: I never wanted this, I never wanted to hurt anyone. But they dragged me into the middle of their war. Luetienant Gordon, Tobias Whale, THEIR war. I just wanna go back to play with my numbers and my toys, but I can't. I can't go back.
- Batman: Humpty... Humpfrey, we can sort this out. (Humpty Dumpty has disappeared, and climbed to the tower) You're right, they dragged you into their war, but that's still not justification for what you've done.
- Humpty Dumpty: You're a lot of fun. You're the best fun I've had in years. (Laughs) All the kings horses, and all the king's men can't put Humpfrey Dumpler back together again. (Humpty falls off the tower, and Batman fails to grab him. He falls to the ground, and breaks into a thousand pieces, being a decoy of plaster. Batman is shown holding a disconnected arm.)
- Policeman on phone: Luetienant Gordon, come in.
- Gordon: Go ahead.
- Policeman on phone: All the bomb statue-suits down here suddenly deactivated. We can cut them out safely now.
- Gordon: Why would Humpty Dumpty do that? Just let them all go like that?
- Batman: Humpty's broken, but that doesn't make him pure evil.
- Gordon: Nice. You get that from your vigilante's book of proverbs?
- Batman: He lost the battle, and he's walking away honorably. But something tells me, the war is far from over.
- Metamorpho: Why can't you just leave us alone?
(Lady Shiva has killed doctor Ravencroft, and has Batman and Katana hostage.)
- Lady Shiva: I'm actually quite grateful to Silver Monkey. True, he betrayed me, but he also delivered two of my most troublesome adversaries. This is a most gracious win for me, and for the Soultaker Sword.
- Batman: You forgot one thing.
- Lady Shiva: Did I? And what would that be?
- Batman: The rocket.
- Lady Shiva: ... What rocket? (a rocket bursts through the window, nearly hitting Lady Shiva, and blowing off the roof. Alfred is shown holding a smoking rocket launcher.)
- Alfred: That rocket.
(Batman appears next to Gordon, who flinches)
- Gordon: Even when I know you're coming, I still can't get used to that!