Billy Jack is a 1971 film written, directed and starred in by Tom Laughlin. It also stars Delores Taylor, Bert Freed, Howard Hesseman, and Kenneth Tobey. The story involves the titular character, a half-Native American veteran and Green Beret, defending a hippie-themed school from the conservative townspeople.
Billy Jack 
- When policemen break the law, then there isn't any law — just a fight for survival.
- It's funny, isn't it? Only the white man wants everything put in writing. And only then so he can use it against you in court. You know, among the Indians a promise is good enough.
- Martin, do you know what mental toughness is? Well, mental toughness is the ability to accept the fact that you're human and that you're going to make mistakes — lots of 'em — all your life. And some of them are gonna hurt people that you love very badly. But you have the guts to accept the fact that you aren't perfect. And you don't let your mistakes crush you and keep you from doing the very best that you can.
- Being an Indian is not a matter of blood... it's a way of life.
- In what remote corner of this country — no — entire goddamn planet is there a place were men really care about one another and really love each other? Now, you tell me were such a place is, and I promise you that I'll never hurt another human being as long as I live.
Jean Roberts 
- So easy for you to die dramatically! It's a hell of a lot tougher for those of us who have to keep on trying!
- [Billy Jack is surrounded by several men that work for Posner]
- Mr. Posner: You really think those Green Beret Karate tricks are gonna help you against all these boys?
- Billy Jack: Well, it doesn't look to me like I really have any choice now, does it?
- Mr. Posner: [laughing] That's right, you don't.
- Billy Jack: You know what I think I'm gonna do then? Just for the hell of it?
- Mr. Posner: Tell me.
- Billy Jack: I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...
- [points to Posner's right cheek]
- Billy Jack: ...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it.
- Mr. Posner: Really?
- Billy Jack: Really.
- [kicks Posner on the right side of his head, knocking him off his feet]
- Billy Jack - Tom Laughlin's official Billy Jack web site
- Billy Jack quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- The Man Who Made Billy Jack Go Berserk: A Conversation with David Roya
- DVD review of the Billy Jack series and production history
- A vision of American multiplicity", Village Voice review (19 August 1971)