Bionicle: Mask of Light is a 2003 movie and the first of four direct-to-video Bionicle films based on the Lego toy series. The movies revolve around an island called Mata Nui. The spirit protecting the island, put into a deep sleep, has returned and only the Mask of Light, in the hands of two Matoran who are assisted by six heroes, can return it to the Toa of Light and return his mask before it is too late.
- Aw, he's got more rocks in his head than a Po-Matoran.
- TAKUA, what are you doing down here all alone? We're supposed to be in the Kolhii match.
- You're alive! Kolhii-head, you could've been lava-bones.
- Well, well, well. What ever happened to 'I quit'?
- Kini Nui, the great temple!
- You know who you are. You were always different... [Dies]
- You're alive! Kolhii-head, you could've been Makuta-bones.
Turaga Vakama 
- Trust in the mask; let it be your guide.
- [Hits Lerahk on the head] Back, Back, you foul creature! One more step, and I'll-- [Toa Tahu attacks]
- Unity, Duty, Destiny!
- New legends awake,But old lessons must be remembered,This is the way,Of the Bionicle
- Anger amongst them will threaten their precious unity. Hunger will consume their duty. And fear will keep them from their destiny. [speaks to Mata Nui] They will not disturb you...
- Their unity will be poisoned. Their duty will be broken. Their destiny, I must shatter.
- Still running, Toa?
- My brother....shall not....be awakened!!
- Did you actually believe I would let them return?
- Go, my sons. Use the shadows, and keep my brother asleep.
- Takua, Hahli, and Hewkii: [Before the Kohlii game starts they clank their Kolhii staves together] "Play well." (which is the LEGO company's current slogan)
- Takua: [sarcastically to Jaller] I quit! Just take the mask and go!
- Toa Gali: [smugly] I think my brother is afraid having his fire extinguished!
- Toa Tahu: [smugly] Sister, against me you would be nothing but steam, hot air as they say.
- Jaller: You're hopping across lava to look at a stupid warning totem? Do you know what Turaga Vakama would say?
- Takua: [speculatively] Irresponsible?
- Jaller: Now come on!
- Takua: [contiue hoping] Be... Right... There... Ha ha!
- Jaller: Very impressive. Now let's go!
- Gali: [Gasp; saw something in the sky] a seventh star!
- Takua: Anything here... look familiar?
- Jaller: [angrily] Well MAYBE our path would be straighter if the REAL herald had the mask!!
- Takua: The real herald HAS the mask! I couldn't find water if I fell out of a canoe...
- Jaller: Well what do you think I can find?!
- [Both bump into a Bohrok]
- Jaller and Takua: BOHROK!
- Jaller:Frozen! Who can do this to them? [Toa Kopaka appears] Kopaka Toa of Ice how did you find us?
- Toa Kopaka: It was you been following me.
- Jaller: [laughs] You're bringing Pewku?
- Takua: Are you kidding? I couldn't leave her behind if I wanted to.
- [In Ko-Koro, after leaving Pewku behind]
- Jaller: [seeing Pewku approaching] Oh no, Pewku...
- Takua: [elated] PEWKU!
- Toa Pohatu: Chronicler... where's the Herald?
- Takua: We got separated, after we met the Rahkshi!
- Toa Onua: Rahkshi?
- Toa Pohatu: What is Rahkshi? [place started to rumble, and more Rahkshi appear]
- Takua: Those! Except... different ones!
- Toa Gali: [using her water at Toa Tahu being infected] Brother, remember who you are, Remember your destiny!
- Infected Toa Tahu: I have no Destiny! [gets frozen by Toa Kopaka]
- Toa Kopaka: Sorry, brother. [Toa Lewa appears]
- Toa Gali: Brothers, lets take him to safety! [The Toa take frozen Toa Tahu out while Onu-Koro starts to collapse]
- Toa Gali: [Toa Tahu is tied up and growling] The poison is destroying him. We must counter-act it! His live depends on it.
- Takanuva: Y-You are not protecting him!
- Makuta: [slowly approaching] Sleep spares him pain; awake he suffers.
- Turaga Vakama Narrator: Light and Shadow have become one.
- Takutanuva: Light has revealed the will of Mata Nui: our brother must be awaken. [trying to open the gate] GO! [to Hahli] Hold, little one. That mask needs life. [using his light power at Jaller's mask]
- [Jaller gets back to life]
- Hahli: Jaller!
- Takutanuva: My duty is done. [the gate close on him]
- Jaller: Get out of there! [the Mask of Light slid under the gate] Ah!
- Turaga Vakama: Let us awaken the Great Spirit! Unity! Duty! Destiny!
External links