Birds of Prey (comic)
Birds of Prey is a DC Comics comic book that features the adventures of the superheroine Oracle and her group of superheroines. The group is initially based in Gotham City and later operates in Metropolis and then relocates once more to "Platinum Flats", California, a new locale introduced in Birds of Prey in 2008.
Black Canary-Oracle: Birds of Prey (One-Shot) 
Issue 1, "One Man's Hell", 1996, Written by Chuck Dixon 
- Black Canary: So why me?
- Oracle: Your martial arts rep. Your resilience. And the fact that Devine is a babe hound and you're a ladies' man's kind of lady.
- Black Canary: That's it?
- Oracle: Well, I hear things. Hope I'm not out of line if I say your life lacks direction right now.
- Black Canary: A real understatement.
- [Black Canary pulls new costume out of the closet]
- Black Canary: You didn't get this out of a catalog.
- Oracle: I thought it was time to get out of the fishnets and hot pants. Your profile needs work as well as your life.
- Black Canary: I'll try not to take that the wrong way.
- Lynx: You move as one trained in the opening flower discipline, but I cannot place your kick style
- Black Canary: I'll go a little slower next time so you can keep up, okay?
Birds of Prey: Manhunt (Miniseries) 
Issue 1, "When Revenge Delights", 9/1996, Written by Chuck Dixon 
- Black Canary: I want to look in his eyes while I'm kicking his a (word partially obscured by Oracle's speech balloon)
- Oracle: That's not phsyically possible, is it?
- Black Canary: It will be when I'm done, Oracle.
- Oracle: Roderick Tower is state of the art for surveillance -- ninety percent chance that Braun already knows you're there.
- Black Canary: The flippin' obvious for two hundred dollars, Alex.
Issue 3, "The Man That Got Away", 11/1996, Written by Chuck Dixon 
- [Oracle calls Catwoman and Huntress, who are following the captured Black Canary.]
- Catwoman: You'd better have something for us, Oracle
- Oracle: Oh?
- Catwoman: Listen up, Geek-girl. It's way past our respective bedtimes. We missed dinner. And we haven't washed our hair. And we can't do anything about it because we all refuse to take off our masks.
- Oracle: Hee hee, hee hee--
- Catwoman: Are you giggling?
- Oracle: No -- snort -- of coure not. I just -- hee hee! -- I just always thought you licked yourself clean!
Birds of Prey: Wolves (One-Shot) 
Issue 1, "Wolves", 1997, Written by Chuck Dixon 
- Craig Windrow: You never made coffee this good when we were married, Dinah.
- Black Canary: You spend a lot of time in Seattle, you get good at coffee. It's the law.
Birds of Prey (Ongoing Series) 
Issue 1, 1/1999, "Long Time Gone", Written by Chuck Dixon 
- [Black Canary – who has little proficiency, and even less interest, in computers – receives a computer from Oracle so the two can work better together]
- Black Canary: No... NO! Take it away! It's too horrible!
- Oracle: It's just a computer, Dinah.
- Black Canary: I don't want one, Oracle.
- Oracle: You have to get over your technophobia eventually.
- Black Canary: No. I don't.
- [Later, after Oracle tells Black Canary her identity must remain a secret – although Oracle can see Dinah's every move through the computer – Dinah places a towel over the computer screen.]
- Oracle: Dinah!
- Black Canary: See? I am getting the hang of this.
- [Oracle warns Black Canary that Johnny Pamerjanian – a/k/a Johnny Pajamas – is a dangerous man with millions in drug money]
- Black Canary: I'll go ashore tonight and take you along, my little candid camera. If this Pajamas guy has a taste for blondes we're in solid.
- Oracle: This isn't a "bait" job, Dinah.
- Black Canary: Oracle, honey, every job's a bait job.
Issue 10, 10/1999, "The Wrong Guy", Written by Chuck Dixon 
- [Black Canary realizes that the Guy Gardner she kissed was, instead, an alien clone]
- Black Canary: I kissed an alien clone! EW!
Issue 59, 11/2003, "Of Like Minds, Chapter 4", Written by Gail Simone 
- [Black Canary sees the Huntress' new tummy-baring costume and asks how she did it]
- Huntress: 700 sit ups a day.
Issue 62, 2/2004, "Sensei and Student", Written by Gail Simone 
- [Lady Shiva and Black Canary have left their sensei of on his deathbed. Canary has just stopped crying.]
- Black Canary: Still, it was good of you to come
- Lady Shiva: I didn't come to pay my respects. I keep a list of the twenty-five greatest fighters. If a name on that list dies, not by my hand, I find it wise to verify that passing.
- Black Canary: Uh, huh. I think you need to learn the simple skill of admitting this hurts. Where am I on that list, by the way?
- Lady Shiva: I'm not sure I should tell you. I would hate to see you get all misty-eyed again.
Issue 63, 3/2004, "Sensei and Student Part Two - Pride and Poison", Written by Gail Simone 
- [Black Canary is fighting Cheshire in a swimming pool. Canary is wearing black leather, and Cheshire a skimpy, soaked teddy.]
- Black Canary: If anyone's filming this, I'll be downloaded for the rest of eternity.
Issue 64, 4/2004, "Sensei and Student Part Three - Mercy and Murder", Written by Gail Simone 
- [Cheshire has just dropped a vomit-inducing poisonous nail into Black Canary's dim sum.]
- Black Canary: What did you do to me, you twisted little brat? Tell me, or I'm going to aim my next noxious explosion at you.
Issue 68, 8/2004, "One Day, Well-Chosen", Written by Gail Simone 
- [Huntress has a reluctant date with Josh, a car rental agent who provided her information on the Gotham mob.]
- Huntress: Every word you say is like a pitchfork to my dignity.
Issue 70, 9/2004, "Between Dark and Dawn Part Two - Huntress/Prey", Written by Gail Simone 
- [Huntress is on a spying mission at a cult's headquarters]
- Huntress: Okay, I'm at the only building I can find with a padlock.
- Oracle: Just get a rock and smash it.
- Huntress How come with Canary, you give all the good cyber juju, and with ME, it's all, "Get a rock and smash it"?
- [Huntress has been injured and is being tended to by Brusaw, leader of the cult, who tries to convert her]
- Brusaw: If you would only let our Lord explain it...
- Huntress: Mister, I may not be quite the Catholic my parents hoped for, but I know for a fact whatever you're talking to isn't GOD.
Issue 72, 10/2004, "Between Dark and Dawn Part Two - Huntress/Prey", Written by Gail Simone 
- [Huntress and Vixen are being attacked by weapon-wielding brainwashed teenagers at the site of the cult]
- Vixen: Something's strange here.
- Huntress: Something new-strange, or just murderous-teen-cult strange?
- Vixen: New, Huntress. Under the ground. The earthworms...They're agitated.
- Huntress: I love it when you talk dirty.
Issue 94, 7/2006, "Progeny Part Three - Stolen Inferno", Written by Gail Simone 
- [Gypsy stops Bethany, the Crime Doctor's daughter from crying.]
- Shiva: To stop a daughter's tears...this is a formidable skill.
- Huntress: Speaking from experience, Shiva?
- Shiva: A little, perhaps. Of course, my daughter actually attempted to kill me and hang me on a hook.
- Huntress: I'm sorry to hear that.
- Shiva: Sorry? It just proves that she's an achiever.
Issue 106, 7/2007, "Whitewater Part Three - Storm Front", Written by Gail Simone 
- [Knockout is getting ready to fight Big Barda]
- Knockout: Ah. Better than sex. And almost as brutal.
Issue 115, 4/2008, "Underneath The Skin", Written by Sean McKeever 
- [Black Alice has talked about her heavy anti-depressive medications.]
- Misfit: In other words, Emo girl is worthless.
- Black Alice: I'm not Emo. I'm Goth.
- Misfit: Same thing. Even doped up on happy juice you're a big whiner.