Bone is a graphic novel by Jeff Smith. It was originally serialized in an independently, irregularly published comic book series for 55 issues, from 1991 to 2004, notable as one of the longest-running self-published comic book series by a single writer/artist.
Out From Boneville 
Chapter One: The Map 
- Phoney: ...so a couple of shady business deals went sour...is THAT any reason to run th' most BELOVED BONE in Boneville out on a RAIL?!
- Fone Bone: Yes.
- Smiley: Beloved? The mayor declared a school holiday just so th' kids could come and throw rocks at you!
- Smiley: Hey cousins, look what I found! I thinks it's a map!
- Fone Bone: ?!
- Smiley: Sure enough! Look! It's a map of that mountain range!
- Phoney: I'm saved! Give it to me!
- Smiley: Gimme a dollar first.
- Phoney: What?
- Fone Bone: Go on Phoney, give him a dollar!
- Phoney: WHAT?!
- Fone Bone: We're lost in the middle of the desert! Give him a dollar!
- Phoney: All right, all right...HEY! What is this? This looks like it was drawn by a five-year-old! This thing is WORTHLESS!
- Smiley: It's worth a dollar!
Chapter Two: Thorn 
- Fone Bone: Those rat creatures would have to be pretty stupid to follow me on this frail little branch.
- [both rat creatures jump onto the tiny branch]
- Fone Bone: STUPID, STUPID RAT CREATURES!!!
Chapter Three: Phoney Bone 
Chapter Four: Kingdok 
Chapter Five: Barrelhaven 
Chapter Six: Phoney's Inferno 
Landmark quotes 
- "STUPID, STUPID RAT-CREATURES!"- Fone Bone to the Rat Creatures
- "Monsters do not behave themselves - that's the whole idea!"- Rat Creature
- Fone Bone: "Why is Smiley wearing a cow suit?"
- Smiley: "I'M not Smiley, I'm a REAL cow! Moo!"
- Phoney Bone: "My world is crumbling around me"
- "Upon your feet / You have ten toes / They look just like / Po-ta-toes!" (one of Fone Bone's more atrocious lyrical attempts)
- "If I didn't learn it in the fourth grade, it didn't need learning."- Smiley Bone
- "You know what? I've just about had it with you. First you messed with my cousin, now you're messin' with my girl! Let's go -- right now!"- Fone Bone
- "Surrender Small Mammal!!" - Rat Creatures
- "Never play an ace where a two will do"- Dragon
External links