Brothers & Sisters
Brothers & Sisters is an Emmy Award-winning American dramatic television series which centers around the upper class Walker family and their lives in Los Angeles, California.
It premiered on ABC on September 24, 2006 after Desperate Housewives and airs Sundays. The acting ensemble includes two-time Oscar-winning actress Sally Field, Golden Globe-winning actresses Calista Flockhart and Rachel Griffiths. Sally Field won the 2007 Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her role as Nora Walker in the series. Rachel Griffiths was also nominated in the Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series category.
On February 11, 2008, ABC picked up Brothers & Sisters for the 2008-09 television season, which will be the show's third season.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- 1 1.01: Patriarchy
- 2 1.03: Affairs of State
- 3 1.04: Family Portrait
- 4 1.05: Date Night
- 5 1.07: Northern Exposure
- 6 1.08: Mistakes Were Made, Part 1.
- 7 1.09: Mistakes Were Made, Part 2
- 8 1.13 Something Ida This Way Comes
- 9 1.16: The Other Walker
- 10 1.18 Three Parties
- 11 1.19: Game Night
- 12 1.20: Bad News
- 13 1.21: Grapes of Wrath
- 14 2.02: An American Family
- 15 2.05: Domestic Issues
- 16 2.07: 36 Hours
- 17 2.08: Something New
- 18 2.10: The Feast of Epiphany
- 19 2.15: Moral Hazard
- 20 2.16: Prior Commitments
- 21 3.01 : Glass Houses
- 22 3.03 : Tug of War
- 23 3.16 : Troubled Waters
- 24 3.18 : Taking Sides
- 25 3.23 : Let's Call the Whole Thing Off
- 26 3.24 : Mexico
- 27 4.01: The Road Ahead
- 28 4.03 : Almost Normal
- 29 4.07: The Wig Party
- 30 4.08: The Wine Festival
- 31 4.09: Pregnant Pause
- 32 4.10: Nearlyweds
- 33 4.11: A Bone to Pick
- 34 External links
- Kitty(on the phone): I am not the person you think I am. That's what you people don't seem to understand. I am not a bitch. I am not aggressively plotting to make our mother feel bad.
- Sarah: Then why are you staying in a motel?
- Kitty: Because Sarah, the show is putting this up and it's supposed to be a gorgeous room.
- Sarah: Then call mom and tell her
- Kitty: You know what Sarah, you call mom and you tell her that.
- Sarah: I talk to mom everyday, you guys haven't spoke for two years.
- William(to Kitty): We're here all together, and I must announce with some trepidation, you're no longer grounded.
- Justin: When she was fourteen, she was grounded indefinitely.
- Jonathon:What for?
- Kitty: Oh, it had something to do with cigarettes and surf wax.
- Tommy: ...And shoplifting and a boy named Pablo
- Justin: Hey, can I ask you a question?
- Tommy: The answer is no, you can't borrow my surfboard, no, I don't have any money to lend you and yes, girls still think you're cute. I'm kidding.
1.03: Affairs of State
- Justin: It's too much? You want to know what's too much? She's HERE. Mom invited her here.
- Kitty: What do you mean "she's here"?
- Justin:I mean she's out there drinking mojitoes and...and wearing big jewelry!
- Nora: Would you care for some more lamb?
- Warren: What's going on?
- Nora: What do you mean?
- Warren: Well, why isn't anyone but us talking?
- Nora: Oh...Well they all think that I don't know that my husband had an affair with that women Holly over there; a long one, with a cunning little cottage built for two to go with it. Yes, Warren you see they all think I'm living in the dark and they're terrified that I'm going to figure it all out tonight. And in their panic and obliviousness and their eagerness to handle me they've lost their very basic ability to conduct themselves in a social circumstance. It's very sad, but there it is...Will someone please pass the mango, peach salsa to Scotty.
- Saul: We can't help who we love.
- Holly: Yeah, but we can help who we are. We can decide to become ourselves. What I saw tonight... seeing myself in Nora's eyes? Is not... It is time that I become a person. I won't be invisible any longer.
1.04: Family Portrait
- Kitty: I could look after Cooper and Paige...
- Sarah: No way! Our children are Democrats!
1.05: Date Night
- Jonathan: Sometimes I have to remember that not all businesses want to be saved. And the hardest thing is knowing when to give up. That's what you want, isn't it? (Kitty nods) Now I know.
- Kitty: I don't want to be with you, Jonathan, just because I don't want to be alone. We go out for dinner and we talk about politics and we talk about business ... and it works. But it's like the difference between looking good and feeling good.
1.07: Northern Exposure
- Tommy: Hand me a screwdriver. You know what a screwdriver looks like, don't you?
- Kevin: It's orange and comes in a glass with ice.
- Kevin: You know, this whole anonymity thing is a joke. If it gets well dressed and witty, it's mine.
- Justin:You don't stand a chance. My little dudes have been at war.
- Kevin: and stoned for the last ten years. Mine are effective.
- Tommy: Okay, that's enough sperm talk for the rest of my life.
1.08: Mistakes Were Made, Part 1.
- [Kevin and Kitty are having coffee at an outdoor cafe.]
- Kevin: You're the lying whore of the family!
- Kitty: And you're the stuck-up bitch!
1.09: Mistakes Were Made, Part 2
- Kitty: So I have an interview with Senator McCallister but then when I come back I'd love to help.
- Nora: Oh Kitty, sweetie-pie I don't know how to say this delicately but I'm not cremating anything.
- Kitty: You know I am an excellent cook, in fact some people even call me a chef.
- Nora: Some with a really good sense of humor.
1.13 Something Ida This Way Comes
(Kevin and Tommy have hidden the alcohol because Justin is out of rehab.)
- Nora: Where did they hide the booze? Tell me, really, I'm not joking.
- Saul: Nora, if I knew where it was I'd be drunk by now
(Kitty and Robert enter a closet)
- Robert: If this is where you keep the wine, where do you keep your clothes?
- Kitty: Shut your mouth and come on. Shut the door.
(Robert shuts the door and looks around)
- Robert: I am having like a fifth grade flashback of Deena Segerson and seven minutes in heaven.
(He looks at Kitty who is pouring glasses of wine)
- Robert: Have you always been a closet drinker?
- Kitty: Are you done?
- Robert: No, I'll think of some more
- Kevin: OK. Whatever, where did you hide the wine? I need to get grandma a drink ASAP?
- Tommy: It's in the closet.
- Kitty: You put the wine in my closet.
(Kevin walks over to the closet & opens the door)
- Kitty: Is your little boyfriend in there?
- Kevin: (Yelling from closet): He's not my boyfriend
- Kitty: We had to promise no wine when we took Justin out of rehab.
- Ida: Out of where?
- Kitty: Oh.
- Nora: Mother, Justin is in a rehab programme. He's a drug addict.
- Kevin: Oh, mom, a little more discretion. We are in the presence of a US senator.
- Robert: It's nothing to be embarressed about.
- Kevin: But homosexuality is?
- Kitty: Oh Kevin, you know. Please, enough. Can you just tell him you have a gay brother too.
- Ida: Who's gay?
- Kitty: I...
- Robert: I think you just outed two brothers for the price of one.
- Kevin: Thanks Kitty. That would be me, grandma. I'm gay.
- Ida: You're not gay. Justin maybe but you?
- Kevin: Oh I am gay, I swear. I am.
1.16: The Other Walker
- Sarah: (To Holly) You've done nothing but cause my family pain, so if your perfect little world has come crashing down around you because the truth has finally come out, you know what, join the damn club!
1.18 Three Parties
- Justin:I should have a black eye for as long as possible to remind me never to be a chivalrous ass.
- Kevin: I wish I was a chivalrous ass instead of being just wholly an ass.
(Arriving in Castroville)
- Sarah: There's something weird about this.
- Kitty: What?
- Sarah: This town.
- Kitty: Oh, was the giant man made artichoke in the town square your first clue?
- Sarah: No, though that was odd
1.19: Game Night
- Robert: From what I hear, Kevin's a serial dater.
- Kitty: No, no, no, he just, you know, no, he was just picking the wrong guys.
- Robert: Please Kitty, you used the phrase, and I'm quoting here, man whore.
- Rebecca: Okay, I never really had brothers and sisters so I don't know how big families work, um, maybe this is the normal thing to do you know, just do things in a clump, like you all get together, solve problems.
- Kevin: No, no, we tend to make things worse and then blame each other.
- Sarah: Yeah, that's pretty much how it works.
(Talking about game night)
- Julia: Was that the night Kitty threw the trophy at your head?
- Tommy: Yeah, that was it. 12 stitches.
- Kitty: No, 6. It was 6 stitches and I tossed it you-
- Tommy: Threw it.
- Kitty: And you just somehow couldn't catch it.
- Kitty: (Trying to set Kevin up with Jason McCallister) He's completely your type.
- Kevin: What, attractive and emotionally unavailable?
- Kitty: No, that would be you.
1.20: Bad News
- Nora:This is not a class. You're asking me out. Is this because I wouldn't go out on a date with you? If it is mister, let me tell you this is sexual harassment and I don't plan to take that lying down.
- Mark August:The jokes that are running through my head right now.
- Nora: Well keep them there.
- Paige: Uncle Kevin, can I ask you a question?
- Kevin: How come I got all the good looks in the family?
- Paige: Connect four (while playing the game Connect Four).
- Kevin: What? Where?
- Paige: One two three four, I win.
- Kevin: What, whoa, what? Wait…were you distracting me? That was a set-up?
- Paige: Yeah.
- Kevin: Wow, great strategy. Wait till you’re old enough for game night.
1.21: Grapes of Wrath
(At the vineyard)
- Sarah: What does a girl have to do to get a drink around here?
- Tommy: Uh, follow Kevin around
- Kitty: Oh it's not. It's not top, secret. But it, yes it's a. It is, it's a very sensitive national security thing. I'm sorry that's all I can say about it.
- Kevin: I'm sorry "thing"?
- Sarah: That's why McCallister gave you a bag of lingerie to take with you. Oh yeah, I can see the faith of the free world hangs in the balance.
- Justin:Apparently that's not the only thing that's hanging.
- Kitty: Oh that's funny Justin. When did you get to be so funny.
2.02: An American Family
- Kitty: Are you in pain?
- Justin:No, no. They gave me a nerve block, so I don't feel anything from the waist down.
- Kevin: Great. At least the female population of Pasadena will be safe for a while.
2.05: Domestic Issues
- Rebecca: Oh my god, you’re such a gossip. This is killing you isn’t it? All right, lay it on me.
- Justin:I heard Mom on the phone and she definitely used the word pregnant, and Kitty’s the only one of us having sex right now.
2.07: 36 Hours
- Justin:What are you now, like 35 years old? Have you ever had a relationship that’s lasted longer than three weeks? You walk around in your suit and tie pretending that you’re a man, but really you’re just a scared little boy.
- Kevin: Actually, I have a boyfriend, and I have for quite awhile now…….
- Justin:…big freaking whoop ..and what is she doing here?
- Holly: I’m here for my daughter.
- Justin:In case you haven’t noticed, she’s been living here all summer. Wishing she was a Walker. You too are exactly alike. You’ll do anything. No I’m sorry — screw anyone to be a part of this family!
2.08: Something New
- Kevin: Well, if you rule out all the democrat you're basically left with Ted Nugent, Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ Top!
- Sarah: Well, I'm a democrat and I lost my virginity to "She's Got Legs"!
- Justin: Eww wow! Crossing the line Sarah!
- Tommy: Mine was the "Dirty Dancing" theme!
- Kevin: Wow! Be gayer!!
- Sarah: I bet Kitty's was "Talk radio"! Hey, Justin?
- Justin:Don't look at me! I'm not having this conversation in front of mom!
- Nora: Oh, please! Pink Floyd's "The Wall", Gabby Clyner, 10th grade!
- Justin:You know that?
- Kevin: I have two first sex soundtracks, girl and guy.
- Kitty: Okay now stop, stop you guys, please you're ruining all music for me.
- Robert: Sorry I'm late
- Justin: It's alright buddy
- Nora: Robert, what song did you lose your virginity to?
- Kevin: Mom!
- Kitty:Well we're just trying to figure out our wedding song.
- Robert:Interesting methodology, uhhm, Endless love!
- Robert: Yeah ok. Does anyone know that Kitty has us scheduled for for dance lessons?
- Tommy: Awwww Kitty!
- Kitty: Come on Tommy, I'm not that bad.
- Nora: I got it Pretty Woman!
- Kitty: Come on mom! At a republican candidates wedding.
- Nora: No that was the song I lost my virginity to.
- Tommy: Mom we don't need to picture you and dad....
- Nora: Who said anything about dad.
- All: What?
- Kitty: I thought dad was your first?
- Nora: Nope.
- Sarah: I thought dad swept you off your feet when you were barely 18.
- Kevin: Mom you slut!
- Nora: It was this guy I'd known in college, Stan Harris and it was in the back of his dad's car.
- Others: Ewwwwww! [ They stand to exit]
- Nora: He was tall and I was short... [All leave] So what it's like I've never had sex before.
2.10: The Feast of Epiphany
- Kevin: I can't believe I'm being forced to go to a dinner party just so Mom can impress a Republican she has the hots for.
- Scotty:You keep saying he's a Republican. I'm far more impressed she might be dating a black man
- Justin: Uh, not that I don't love thumbing through gay porn… I'm sorry, male clothing catalogs… But what am I doing here, bro?
- Kevin: Be nice or I'll put you on the mailing list
2.15: Moral Hazard
Justin: Remember when we went surfing the other day, and you and Tommy accused me of hiding something about Rebecca?
Kevin: Yeah, vaguely.
Justin: There was a minute there when she wasn't sure she was our sister.
Kevin: You mean she's not?
Justin: She is, she took a test. But when I found that out, I was kinda into that idea that she...wasn't
Kevin: Why would you not want her to be part of the family?
Justin: I do...but I wasn't unhappy with the fact that she wasn't.
Kevin: What are you talking about?
Justin: How are you not getting this? I know you're gay, but you have eyes! She's not like...unattractive. you know?
Kevin: You're attracted to our sister?
Justin: Because I thought she wasn'T. That's what I'm saying.
Kevin: shut up. oh my god, you are sick. What...have you
Justin: no!No! Of course not.Look, I swear, I only thought of this when this whole paternity thing came up,and it was, like,just a... like a moment,and...and now I'm freaked out because what if it happens again?
Kevin: You have to stay away from her.
Justin: I know. I'm trying to-- to avoid her, but she keeps wanting to hang out. Like, kev, I'm making up, like, hot chicks that I'm supposedly dating so I can avoid her.
Kevin: Stop talking.
Justin: I told you. I'm the most disgusting person in the world.
Kevin: Okay, okay. Let's--let's just...let's just talk about this rationally. It's-- it's not entirely abnormal that you could possibly have these feelings, okay? You weren't raised together. You--your--you know, you met as adults,and you clearly have boundary issues.
Justin: No, I know, I know.
Kevin: So you just need a lile time-out to stop thinking about... inbreeding.
Kevin: What? I'm trying to be sup-- why did you even tell me this?
Justin: Because you asked me, kevin! You know what? I'm j-- I'm just gonna tell her. I mean, I'm gonna get it out there and make sure everything's okay
Kevin: Absolutely not.
Kevin: Do not talk to her about--don't talk to anyone about this. Seriously, I love you, and I get that because she's not a sister, you might have thought things might have worked out a-a little more complicated, but she is, okay? So you just have to put that in a box or behind you or somewhere and forget about it, and never, ever speak of this again.
Rebecca: What is going on with you?
Justin: Nothing. Sorry.
Rebecca: Will you just talk? where are you going?
Justin: The bathroom. I don't know. Stop following me.
Rebecca: Following you? You're my ride.
Justin: I need some space, okay?
Rebecca: Justin, you've been acting like I repulse you. I mean, what did I do?
Justin: Nothing. Nothing.
Rebecca: Is it--is it that girl? Because I get it. If you don't have enough time for me,I-I totally get it.
Justin: There's no girl.
Rebecca: What about the hot chick?
Justin: I made her up because I didn't want to go to the movies with you.
Rebecca: So what, you just decided you didn't want to hang out with me? Like all of a sudden, I'm this annoying, tagalong little sister?
Justin: You don't feel like my sister.
Rebecca: Justin, I told you...
Justin: I know. But when you were talking about david maybe being your father,something-- I-I don't know what--happened, where I was hoping that we weren'T...that we're not related. And I had this weird moment were I thought I had feelings for you, okay? And I know it's sick and it's wrong, but it was just a moment. And I need to make sure that doesn't happen again,but it doesn't help when you're just... are around me all the time. Do you.. do you understand? Oh, god. Look, I'm sorry.
Rebecca: I gotta go.
Justin: Rebecca, no...I'm sorry.I'm so sorry. This...
Justin: Rebecca. C-come in.
Rebecca: Sorry. I-I should've called.
Justin: no, it's okay. I was-- I was gonna ll you to a--to apologize, but I-I didn't know if you wanted to hear from me. Are you okay?
Rebecca: No. No, I'm not. There's a lot that's been going on, and I was hoping that maybe we could talk.
Justin: Look, I'm so sorry that I dumped this garbage on you, okay? I don't--I don't want you to--to--to worry or--or not want to be around me... Because what-whatever I felt, it is gone. You know, it's--it's me, and--and I feel like whenever I get myself, like, going again, I end up doing something stupid and hurting the people I love.
Rebecca: Justin, please
Justin: okay, no, it's not that I love you like that oh, god.You know what? Look...my point is, I...I just want you to forget it. It was stupid, and I let myself think that for a second, and it's like whatever sick part of me felt that is over. I've--I've fixed it. I mean, you know, you're my sister.
Rebecca: No, I'm not. We're not related. Your dad's not my dad.
Justin: But the test-- you--you took-- you took a test. You said that david was
Rebecca: I know. I-I-I was-- I was afraid to tell you.
Justin: So you lied to me?
Rebecca: No, I'm sorry. It's just, I-I--you've all become like family to me, and--and I really didn't want to lose that, and I know that you said that everything would stay the same, but--
Justin: I thought you were different.
Justin: Than your mom, but you're not. You're exactly the same. You both lie.
Rebecca: Justin, no.
Justin: How could--how could you do this to me, rebecca? You promised me that you were gonna tell me the truth, and I bel--I believed you.
Rebecca: I'm sorry.I didn't mean
Justin: Just go! I think you should go. Go.
Scotty: Wait, wait, wait. Allow me. Tada!
Kevin: You changed the light bulbs.
Scotty: You sound so disappointed.
Kevin: No I'm not, it's just, you know...I was supposed to do that.
Scotty: Well, you seemed a little stressed so I'm giving you a break.
Kevin: Really? Can't think why.
Scotty: That bad?
Kevin: Well let me see. First I was dealing with the family business being obliterated when Justin announced he has, on occation, been attracted to Rebecca, our sister.
Kevin: Believe me, it goes on. Then Sarah calls me over 'cause she's aggonizing over dating the guy who's deal obliterated the family business. But, the piece de resistance, Saul, who signed off on the deal that got the business obliterated, after being arrested for DUI for plowing his car into a tree because he's apparently lost the will to live, finally came out to me.
Scotty: Oh my god, is he ok?
Kevin: He will be, I think. But, you know, it's like all these crazy people in my life are in this insane free-fall and completely incapable of being happy. And then I look at Saul who's missed his life entirely and I realise how lucky I am. Because I get to come home to someone who is kind and caring and who changes the light bulbs...and...marry me.
Kevin: I mean it, I don't wanna wait. I wanna make this official.
Scotty: Because I changed the light bulbs?
Kevin: No..well yeah, kinda 'cause, Scotty that's who you are. I'm completely, completely in love with you. I even love the things about you that I hate...because you make me feel like I don't have to be anyone other than who I am and, to me, that feels like family and that's what I want us to be. I want us to be a family because that never ends. I'm doing this all wrong. [Gets down on one knee.] Scotty, I am asking you. Will you please marry me?
Scotty: Yes. Yes, Kevin, I'll marry you.
2.16: Prior Commitments
Nora: Rebecca, last summer, when Justin was in Iraq, you took care of me. Don't you remember all those nights you stayed up late with me right here, watching old movies. And the times you answered the phone when I was too petrified to pick it up. Have I ever even thanked you?
Rebecca: Nora, you don't need to thank me. I would have done it whether you were family or not.
Nora: There's more to family than just DNA. I don't give a damn about any stupid test. You're a part of this family. Sorry.
Tommy: So... You like Rebecca?
Justin: It was a fleeting moment, okay? And besides, it doesn't matter. She lied to me.
Tommy: Listen, Justin, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that you two have always... connected. So maybe it's something worth salvaging.
Rebecca: Justin, you were the first person to reach out to me. Before anyone else, you were my friend. And when everything was happening these past couple of weeks, I... You're the person I wanted to talk to. You always are.
Justin: You, too.
Rebecca: And I - I mean, everything's been crazy. I mean, first I find out that I have this family that I never even knew existed, and then suddenly I don't. But then it turns out that I do. Because, by some miracle, you're all still willing to accept me. And I can't help but wonder, what if, in all of this insanity...
Rebecca: It was all just a way to meet you.
3.01 : Glass Houses
Justin: [enters the apartment] Hey.
Justin: Need some help?
Rebecca: Nah. It's my first apartment, I should probably do it by myself. [turns to paint the wall]
Justin: Rebecca, look, about last night, I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I mean, God, you've lost so much in this past month, I mean, your mom and David. And... I should have been more sensitive to what you were feeling.
Rebecca: ... I'm just scared. [turns around] If I lose you and your family, what do I have left?
Justin: Look, you're not the only one who's scared, though. Rebecca, you're my best friend in this world. Do you think I want to risk losing that?
Justin: The thing is, I think we have to. Risk it, I mean. And we should stop wasting time worrying about how it might end. Because, maybe, it... you know, maybe it won't end. Can we start over? Without all the pressure?
Rebecca: [smiles] There's a roller right behind you. We could start with that.
Justin: [smiles & laughs] Okay. [gets the roller] So, is this a bad time to tell you that this is the worst color on the planet?
Rebecca: Justin! [rushes into his arms]
3.03 : Tug of War
Nora: Morning.What are you doing here?
Justin: I couldn't hide in my room forever. Besides I miss my mother.
Nora: Do you wanna talk about last night? I have something to tell you.
Justin: What? That living with my mom is okay?
Nora: Well that too, but it's that Rebecca loves you. Anyone can see that. And you have to reach out and open up to her so that it'll work.
Justin: It's just... I'm afraid that...
Justin: That she'll walk. It's like there's this whole other side of me, that, that, Rebecca doesn't know about and if she sees it she'll see, that I'm not good enough for her.
Nora: Justin, you can't pick and choose the sides of yourself you want Rebecca to see. Shutting her out won't help.
Justin: What will?
Nora: Letting her in.
3.16 : Troubled Waters
Robert: Look at him. I forgot how little newborns are.
Robert: He needs a name.
Kitty: He does.
Robert: What's it gonna be? Connor or Ben?
Kitty: I had an idea. I mean, Trish gave us this gift and I thought maybe it would be nice if we honored her.
Robert: I think naming him Trish would be child abuse.
Kitty: Trish Evans.
Kitty: It means peaceful warrior.
3.18 : Taking Sides
Justin: The last thing I need is another sibling.
Rebecca: I'm sure you said the same thing about me but look where that got us?
Justin: If you really think that I'm going to be dating Ryan in a year, that's really weird and gross.
Nora: You remember Ryan?
Rebecca: Yeah, of course, of course. What brings you guys by today?
Ryan: Oh, you didn't get the memo? It's bring your illegitimate child to work day.
Rebecca: Oh, yeah, I went to that last year.
Rebecca: I was looking for you all over the place. Your mom said you left.
Justin: Well,you seemed pretty cght up talking with ryan.
Rebecca: you're not actually gonna make this about Ryan. Justin,you hung me out to dry in front of your entire family.
Justin: Because we said we weren't gonna get involved.
Rebecca: Oh,like this morning when you asked me to get involved,I suppose that was different?
Justin: It was a mistake.
Rebecca: Justin,you said that you would be there for me tonight if I went with you,and you weren't.
Justin: What did you want me to do?
Rebecca: I wanted you to defend me. Or at least not tell me to shut up and just stand there while kevin acted like I was some witness for the prosecution.
Justin: You know,I'm sorry.I didn't know it was gonna go down like that, Rebecca.
Rebecca: I didn't know that your loyalty was contingent on the circumstances.
Justin: Tommy might go to jail,okay? I'm sorry if my family's a little harsh on you.
Rebecca: A little harsh? Talk about taking sides.
Justin: Don't! Don't act like you're above it. You took your mom's side the entire time.
Rebecca: Someone has to! You don't get it.
Justin: No,I don't get it.
Rebecca: No,you don't. And no matter what,it's always gonna be the same. You will always choose them. And that's fine. But I need to make a choice,too. So I'm choosing my family.
Justin: What does that mean?
Rebecca: It's not gonna work. It never was.
Sarah: How do I look?
Sarah: Is this too fancy? With the bow?
Kevin: I don't care.
Sarah: You'd think I'd know what to wear to one of these meet your new half-sibling shindigs by now.
Nora: Alright everyone, Ryan's here just be nice. Be yourselves.
Kevin: Be nice or be ourselves, which is it?
Ryan: [Enters] Hi.
Kevin: I'm Kevin this is Scotty.
Tommy: Hey, I'm Tommy. [They all start introducing themselves]
Nora: I told them to be themselves. Who the hell are they?
3.23 : Let's Call the Whole Thing Off
Justin : I had a weird dream last night.
Rebecca : Yeah ?
Justin : Yeah that your mother and my sister were singing show tunes in tomato-red dresses.
Rebecca : That's so bizarre,'cause I actually had the exact same one only in my dream, we found out we were orphans.
Justin : That's a good dream. All right, tell me more.
Rebecca : Well, then we decided to sail off to thailand, and there were pirates.
Justin : I like pirates.
Rebecca : I knoW. Tell me yours.
Justin : Okay, mine. I'm a doctor and, you ... you are an amazing photographer. And on sundays we go for walks on the beach or we can go hiking with our dog buster.
Rebecca : Does it have to be buster ?
Justin: Marry me. I'm serious.
Justin: That's the dream I want. I want to be a doctor and I want to be a husband and I want to be a father and it's all because of you, Rebecca.
Justin: God, you make everything feel possible. You make me possible.
Rebecca: Justin...You make me feel the same way.
Justin: Then marry me.
Rebecca: Yes. I will marry you. Oh my... yes.
3.24 : Mexico
Rebecca : What are you doing ?
Justin : Rebecca, in front of God, Buddha and everyone I love ...
Rebecca :Justin !
Justin : Rebecca, I love you and I want everyone here to know that you're gonna be my wife. Rebecca ... Will you marry me ?
Rebecca : Of course I will.
Tommy : Hey Kev. I heard you at the bar. You saw me for who I was, you always have. Called Julia this morning she won't take my calls but I'm gonna keep trying. And I'm gonna be a father to Elizabeth.
Kevin : Good.
Tommy : I'm trying to change.
Kevin : I see.
Tommy : It's not easy.
Kevin : I know.
Tommy : I just hope that when I do...
Kevin : I'll see that too. That's all I want.
4.01: The Road Ahead
Rebecca: Hey. You look exhausted. Are you all right?
Justin: I have so much work to do, it's insane.
Rebecca: Well, why don't you take a break?
Justin: Yeah, I wish. Maybe... maybe you can help me. you want to quiz me on the bones of the hand?
Justin: There's, uh, there's 27 of 'em.
Justin: Yeah. All right. Give me your hand.
Justin: Mm-hmm. Carpus. Metacarpus. Uh, digitus secundus manus. Mm-hmm.Digitus medius. And digitus... oh, God. Um... Oh, I always forget this one. Digitus...:[give her the ring] sparkly ringamus.
Rebecca: Oh, my God. Oh, Justin. It's beautiful.
Justin: Well, I figured it was time for an upgrade from the bent nail I made you in Mexico, so...
Rebecca: Oh, it's perfect. Can we afford this?
Justin: Oh, yeah. My, uh, my mom gave it to us. This was my great-grandmother's ring.
Rebecca: Oh! Really?
Justin: All right, now how about I take you and this rock out to dinner?
Rebecca: What about studying?
Justin: Oh, studying? Come on. That's my decoy move. I'm finished.
Rebecca: I love you.
Justin: I love you. Mm. Now...if you want your anatomy lesson...
Kevin: Have a drink before I have to introduce you to grandma.
Scotty: OK but please don't say anything to your family about us doing the whole surrogacy thing.
Kevin: Absolutely. Look I'm afraid once we tell my mom she's gonna want to choose the surrogate for us.
Scotty: Yeah, well I'm afraid once your mom finds out she's gonna wanna be the surrogate for us.
Justin: I wasn't sure you'd be here
Rebecca Yeah, me neither.
Justin: Well, we're both here. That's a good sign right.
Rebecca: I guess. Justin, I know that you're under a lot of pressure. And I certainly don't wanna add to it. So do what you need to do. If you need to call off the wedding or move out, then you should.
Justin: No Becca, I, I don't wanna call off the wedding or anything. Just listen. There are gonna be times where I'm gonna wake up in the middle of the night with doubts about myself and I just need to know that you're next to me and that you believe in me.
Rebecca: I do believe in you. I always knew that you could do this.
Justin: I know.
Rebecca: Did you?
Justin: Yeah. Listen, how bout, tomorow we'll drive down to Zuma Beach and we'll have a picnic.
Rebecca: You don't have to take me to the beach.
Justin: I want to. And if I have to study, I might as well be in a beautiful place, with a beautiful girl. I love you.
Rebecca: I love you too.
4.03 : Almost Normal
Justin: [Kissing Rebecca's arm] Um, radius, alman, lacronym...
Rebecca: [Laughs] It's like dating a French guy.
Justin: Oh? Bonjur. It's Latin. And by the way we are way past dating.
Rebecca: That's why I'm going wedding dress shopping with Kitty today.
Rebecca: Well I helped her find her dress, I figured we could be each others good luck charms in the dress department.
Justin: That's sweet. Mmm, can I tell you my fantasy?
Rebecca: No I won't be a slutty bride.
Justin: Well maybe, you can just buy a dress that shows your, humorous, your cronium and you're uh, cheek.
Rebecca: Don't know the medical term for that?
Justin: You know what, you are shattering a guys confidence on the first day of gross anatomy class.
Rebecca: Nothing happens on the first day, you just get your textbooks and sylabus.
Justin: Yeah, and apparently a lab partner.
Rebecca: Better not be a hot girl.
Justin: [Laughs] I just hope, it's not someone stupid, and doesn't know what he's doing.
Rebecca: Sounds like you're getting your confidence back. Now where were we, Doctor.
Justin: Mmm, Doctor. [Kisses her]
4.07: The Wig Party
Justin: Oh, come on. You gotta get up. I've been trying to wake you up since 7:00.
Rebecca: Mm. I don't wanna get up.
Justin: All right. Then I'm coming in.
Rebecca: Oh, not now. I have a headache.
Justin: You have a headache?
Justin: Can't you wait till we're married for you to bust that one out?
Rebecca: Some people get real headaches.
Justin: Oh, really?
Rebecca: I don't know. Maybe I still have the flu.
Justin: You've been in bed for a week. Do you want to skip my mom's benefit tonight?
Rebecca: No. God, no.I need to get outta the house. I'm so bored.
Justin: Well, you wanna know what dr. Walker thinks?
Justin: Come on. I'm taking clinical diagnosis. Let me try. Let me try. All right. Uh... :[touches her forehead] No fever. Could it be ojai food poisoning? :[Rebecca snickers] Or idiopathic wedding-plan-itis?
Rebecca: Wedding-plan-itis?....Don't you have to get to school or something?
Justin: Oh, I do. I love you. All right. Look, if you don't feel better, call me, all right? Get up!
Rebecca: I'm fine. It was just flu leftovers. I just needed to get up and get going.
Justin: Okay, but what if it's not flu leftovers? I mean, Rebecca, have you ever had your thyroid checked? Because hypothyroid can...is that the one where you gain weight?
Rebecca: Are you saying that I gained weight?
Justin: No. No, no. I'm not saying you gained weight. What I'm trying to do is check every possibility. Like when you say you're tired after you slept okay, that could be epstein-barr. Or your undefined muscle pain, that could be fibromyalgia. Rebecca, that's what they say to...
Rebecca: Justin, I don't have cancer.
Justin: Becca, look, I didn't...I didn't say cancer. I know, but you were going to eventually. I...
Rebecca: I know that you're worried about kitty and I know that you're going to med school. But I just had the flu. I had the flu, And it knocked the wind out of me, And now I'm fine, okay?
Justin: Okay. All right, I'm sorry. I'm just worried about you.
Rebecca: Well, stop worrying.
Justin: No more headache?
Rebecca: No more headache.
Justin: Are you pregnant?
Rebecca: Are you serious? Wh-why would you ask me that? That's crazy.
Justin: That's the first questions I should ask a woman in her 20s with those symptoms. I mean, you're tired, you're...you're queasy, You...you...you didn't eat the shrimp. you love shrimp.
Rebecca: No, look, it's fine. see? delicious.:[to waiter] Thanks. no big deal.What? it's fine. i'm not pregnant, justin.
Rebecca: So about last night, uh..
Justin: Uh, no, um, look...before you say anything, I want to apologize, all right? I, um, i have intern's disease.They start teaching you about these symptoms, And all of a sudden, i have everything,and...and you have everything, and now I'm a hypochondriac. Besides, I could not imagine having a baby right now. With work and school and planning a wedding and kitty being sick...no wonder why your head hurts. I'm sorry, okay? I love you. I gotta run to the library.
Rebecca: Okay. love you. :[Justin leaves, not noticing the positive test she's holding in her hand]
4.08: The Wine Festival
David: I am so proud of you guys. Your mom is practically singing show tunes, She's so happy.
Rebecca: Oh, thanks.
David: What...what did Justin say?
Rebecca: Um, I'm not supposed to bother him when he's studying.
David: What's going on, Bec?
David: Oh, no, come on. You gotta talk to me. What's wrong?
Rebecca: I'm pregnant.
David: Oh, s-sweetie.
Rebecca: Yeah, six weeks.
David: Oh... God.
Rebecca: I haven't told anybody yet.
David: What about Justin?
Rebecca: Are you kidding me? I've tried. You know what? It's probably better that I haven't.
David: What does that mean?
Rebecca: He's already told me he doesn't want a baby.
David: Obviously that was before you knew you were pregnant. What do you want?
Rebecca: I don't know.
David: Well, you have to figure that out.I will support you, whatever...whatever you decide. I'm gonna be there for you. But when you do...Then you have to talk to him.
Rebecca: I know.
4.09: Pregnant Pause
Kitty: I have some news.
Robert: Did your mother pass away last night?
Kitty: Au contraire. I just walked in on her and Simon. In the shower. Together. Naked.
Robbert: Good for her! It's a new day in Pasadena.
Kitty: Mom, where's the milk?
Nora: Oh, we don't have any.
Kitty: What do you mean? We always have milk! The North Ridge earthquake, El Nino, The LA Riots. We always have milk!
Nora:Well gosh Kitty, if you feel so strongly about having milk why don't you go to the market and get some.
Robert: [About officiating Justin and Rebbecca's wedding] I was going to to start off with a joke.
Kitty: A joke. Like... I just flew in from Washington and, boy are my arms tired?
Robert: Well I was going to aim a little higher than that. But keep em coming.
Kitty: I think you should start off with a metaphor.
Robert: Love... Is like the sun on a cloudy day. Even if you don't always see it you know that it's... there.
Kitty: I think you should start off with a joke.
Robert: [laughs] See it's this. It's just sitting here together, in a waiting room. Both of us trying to pretend we're not scared, that's love. Not being able to concentrate on writing a speech about the beauty of love, because you're so scared you might lose it and nothing would ever be the same and realizing that the one place – the one place – that you feel most you, is when you are lying next to her, just breathing.
Holly: Justin, we better do this tomorrow..
Justin: I need to talk to Rebecca.
Holly: I know but she is really upset.
David: You can't be here. Why don't you just leave her alone.
Holly: David, don't, that's not going to help anything.
Justin: I'm not gonna leave until I talk to her!
Holly: Just let him talk to her.
Holly: Because he is the father of our grandchild! He is going to be in her life forever, he is going to be in our lives forever.
Rebecca: [Comes out] Where were you?... Is that blood?
Justin: Yeah but uh it's not mine.
Rebecca: What happened?
Justin: There was an accident, a kid on a bike got hit by a car and I went to the hospital. But he's gonna be ok.
David:Why didn't you call?
Justin: Because in the chaos I left my phone in the car and by the time I got to a phone, Rebecca you weren't picking up. .
Rebecca: What are you saying? So this wasn't because you didn't want to get married?
Justin: No! I mean yeah. Rebecca, the truth is, I had huge doubts tonight. Not doubts about you, doubts about myself. About becoming a husband, about becoming a father. The ridiculous part is I'm completely capable of taking care of other people, I had no problems taking care of that kid tonight. It seems like the only person I can't take care of is myself. Rebecca, I know I can be a good husband to you and I know I can be a good father to our baby. I can't promise you I won't ever doubt myself again, but I will never doubt us. Give me a second chance, and marry me tomorrow.
Rebecca: Ok. [Hugs him]'
4.11: A Bone to Pick
Kitty: [About getting a bone marrow transplant] What are the benefits?
Dr Abadon: If the transplant proves successful, you could be cancer free, but the risks are also higher.
Nora: Shouldn't she just try a different kind of chemo, and if that doesn't work then she could try the transplant. ?
Dr Abadon: She could, but if it proves unsuccessful again it'll lower her chances during the transplant and her immune system could fail, which would already be compromised by the chemo.
Kitty: Mom, mom, cancer free, I have a little boy at home. I wanna live. You got to do everything. I mean, you got to take us to school and you got to watch us grow up and you got to see us get married. I wanna get to do all that.
Nora: If that's what you want.
Kitty: It is. Robert?
Robert: You've always swung fences before, you've always pulled through. If this is what you want I'm with you 100%.
Sarah: It's hard to believe we're all supposed to be in Hawaii.
Saul: Yeah, and now it's like the 10 plagues of Egypt. Hurricane, relocated wedding, collapsed maid of honor...
Sarah: Mom's date's a no show.
Kevin: Groom freak out.
Rebecca: Don't forget about the knocked up bride.
Saul: This wedding is more cursed, then Liza Minnelli.
Kevin: That is the gayest thing to ever come out of your mouth.