(Redirected from Broun, Heywood)
Heywood Broun (1888–1939) was an American journalist, sportswriter and newspaper columnist in New York City. He founded the American Newspaper Guild, now known as The Newspaper Guild.
- The artist has never been a dictator, since he understands better than anybody else the variations in human personality.
- "Bring on the Artist", New York World Telegram, June 19, 1933
- There is no proselyter half so energetic as the hard-shelled atheist.
- "A New Preface to an Old Story", Broun's Nutmeg, August 19, 1939
- Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.
- Collected Edition of Heywood Broun, compiled by Heywood Hale Broun. New York: Harcourt, Brace & Co, 1941, page 26
- Appeasers believe that if you keep on throwing steaks to a tiger, the tiger will become a vegetarian.