(Redirected from Bullock, Sandra)
- I know this in no way alleviates the enormous amounts of pain and loss experienced by those who have suffered from the tsunami, but I hope it can make a difference.
- In a brief statement (4 January 2005), upon donating one million dollars to the relief efforts of the American Red Cross in response to the tsunamis at the end of 2004. This was her second million dollar gift to the American Red Cross; she had also donated a million dollars after the terrorists attacks of September 11th, 2001.
- Women should do a lot more fighting. I don't think it's fair that we can't get into a good bar fight once in a while. We'd get out a lot of stuff we're supposed to repress.
- Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it’s the middle that counts. You have to remember this when you find yourself at the beginning.
- As quoted in Uptown Magazine - Winnipeg's Online Source for Arts, Entertainment & News (8 January 2009)
Parade interview (2009)
- "Sandra Bullock: 'I'm Aware That I Can Be Annoying'" by Jeanne Wolf in Parade magazine (29 October 2009)
- I like to iron. Ironing is comfort. It's control. I'm a nutty person who likes to make sure everything is in its place. I am a big ball of high energy and organization and structure. Don't forget, I'm half-German.
- I know I'm not easy to deal with. I'm controlling, and I want everything orderly, and I need lists. My mind goes a mile a minute. I'm difficult on every single level. I'm aware that I can be annoying.
- I now know that anything sweet, really sweet, that I have was nothing that I planned. If you don't have kids and animals, you don't truly know what real life is about.
- On her three step-children with husband Jesse G. James
- I never did anything according to what anyone else wanted. That's why I think I am happy. I do everything 100% — even my stupidest missteps. I know when I'm getting ready to mess up, I'm going to do it full-on.
- I have to fight every single day to live my true life. I don't ever want to come home saying, "I should have spoken my mind. I shouldn't have let someone say something that I didn't feel was right." … [But] I have to remember that there's a balance. I'm in the entertainment business. We're here to entertain people, to make them laugh and forget.
Quotes about Bullock
- At this critical time, I am grateful to Sandra Bullock for once again demonstrating her leadership, compassion and belief in our global humanitarian mission. Sandra continues to enable our lifesaving work and is a model for personal generosity.
- Marsha Evans, American Red Cross President and Chief Executive Officer, on Bullock's donation of one million dollars to the American Red Cross for relief of the victims Indian Ocean tsunami at the end of 2004.