Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
(Redirected from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969 movie))
- If he'd just pay me what he's spending to make me stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.
- [Butch throws his bicycle away] The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles.
- Not to be a sore loser, but if I don't win — kill him.
- Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.
- Who are those guys?
- Kid, the next time I say, "Let's go someplace like Bolivia," let's go someplace like Bolivia.
- You just keep thinkin', Butch. That's what you're good at.
- Sheriff Ray Bledsoe: You know, you should have let yourself get killed a long time ago when you had the chance. See, you may be the biggest thing that ever hit this area, but you're still two-bit outlaws. I never met a soul more affable than you, Butch, or faster than the Kid, but you're still nothing but two-bit outlaws on the dodge. It's over, don't you get that? Your time is over and you're gonna die bloody, and all you can do is choose where.
- Percy Garris: I'm not crazy; I'm just colorful. That's what happens when you live 10 years alone in Bolivia: you get colorful...
- (He is shot dead).
- Card Player: I didn't know you were the Sundance Kid when I said you were cheating. If I draw on you, you'll kill me.
- Sundance: There's that possibility.
- Butch: What happened to the old bank? It was beautiful.
- Guard: People kept robbing it.
- Butch: Small price to pay for beauty.
- Butch: Do you believe I'm broke already?
- Etta: Why is there never any money, Butch?
- Butch: Well, I swear, Etta, I don't know. I've been working like a dog all my life and I can't get a penny ahead.
- Etta: Sundance says it's because you're a soft touch, and always taking expensive vacations, and buying drinks for everyone, and you're a rotten gambler.
- Butch: Well that might have something to do with it.
- Butch: They'll never follow us.
- Sundance: How do you know?
- Butch: Would you jump if you didn't have to?
- Sundance: I have to and I'm not gonna.
- Butch: Well, the way I figure it, we can either fight or give. If we give, we go to jail.
- Sundance: I've been there already.
- Butch: We could fight - they'll stay right where they are and starve us out. Or go for position, shoot us. Might even get a rock slide started, get us that way. What else can they do?
- Sundance: They could surrender to us, but I wouldn't count on that.
- Butch: I'll jump first.
- Sundance: Nope.
- Butch: Then you jump first.
- Sundance: No, I said!
- Butch: What's the matter with you?!
- Sundance: I can't swim!
- Butch: [laughing] Why, you crazy — the fall'll probably kill ya!
- Butch: sotto voce Maybe there's a way to make a profit in this. Bet on Logan.
- Sundance: I would, but who'd bet on you?
- Harvey: Rules? In a knife fight? No rules! (Butch kicks Harvey in the groin)
- Butch: Well, if there aint' going to be any rules, let's get the fight started. Someone count. 1,2,3 go.
- Sundance: 1,2,3, go! (Butch knocks Harvey out)
- Flat Nose: I was really rooting for you, Butch.
- Butch: Well, thank you, Flatnose. That's what sustained me in my time of trouble.
- Butch: I think they're in the trees up ahead.
- Sundance: In the bushes on the left.
- Butch: I'm telling you they're in the trees up ahead.
- Sundance: You take the trees, I'll take the bushes.
- Percy: Will you two beginners cut it out.
- Butch: Well, we're just trying to spot an ambush, Mr. Garris.
- Percy: Morons. I've got morons on my team. Nobody is going to rob us going down the mountain. We have got no money going down the mountain. When we have got the money, on the way back, then you can sweat.
- Butch: Kid, there's something I ought to tell you. I never shot anybody before.
- Sundance: One hell of a time to tell me!
- Sundance: [to Etta] What I'm saying is, if you want to go, I won't stop you. But the minute you start to whine or make a nuisance, I don't care where we are, I'm dumping you flat.
- Butch: Don't sugarcoat it like that, Kid. Tell her straight.
- Etta: I'm 26, and I'm single, and a school teacher, and that's the bottom of the pit. And the only excitement I've known is here with me now. I'll go with you, and I won't whine, and I'll sew your socks, and I'll stitch you when you're wounded, and I'll do anything you ask of me except one thing. I won't watch you die. I'll miss that scene if you don't mind.
- Butch: Jeesh, all Bolivia can't look like this.
- Sundance: How do you know? This might be the garden spot of the whole country. People may travel hundreds of miles just to get to this spot where we're standing now. This might be the Atlantic City, New Jersey of all Bolivia for all you know.
- [During a gunfight with the Bolivian police, Butch and Sundance run low on ammunition]
- Butch: We're going to run out unless we can get to that mule and get some more.
- Sundance: I'll go.
- Butch: This is no time for bravery. I'll let ya!
- Butch: [last lines — as the pair are outnumbered and pinned down] Wait a minute — you didn't see Lefors out there did you?
- Sundance: Lefors? No, why?
- Butch: Thank God for that. For a moment there I thought we were in trouble.
- Bolivian officer: [seeing Butch and Sundance come out] Fuego! Fuego! Fuego! [the screen freezes]
- Paul Newman - Butch Cassidy
- Robert Redford - Sundance Kid
- Katharine Ross - Etta Place
- Strother Martin - Percy Garris
- Jeff Corey - Sheriff Ray Bledsoe
- George Furth - Woodcock
- Cloris Leachman - Whore
- Ted Cassidy - Harvey Logan
- Charles Dierkop - Flat Nose Curry
- You never met a pair like Butch and The Kid.
- Just for the fun of it!
- Not that it matters, but most of it is true.
- They're taking trains... They're taking banks and they're taking one piece of baggage!