Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
(Redirected from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969 movie))
- If he'd just pay me what he's spending to make me stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.
- [Butch throws his bicycle away] The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles.
- Not to be a sore loser, but if I don't win — kill him.
- Who are those guys?
- For a moment there I thought we were in trouble.
- Last English line of the film.
- You just keep thinkin', Butch. That's what you're good at.
- Sheriff Ray Bledsoe: You know, you should have let yourself get killed a long time ago when you had the chance. See, you may be the biggest thing that ever hit this area, but you're still two-bit outlaws. I never met a soul more affable than you, Butch, or faster than the Kid, but you're still nothing but two-bit outlaws on the dodge. It's over, don't you get that? Your time is over and you're gonna die bloody, and all you can do is choose where.
- Butch: What happened to the old bank? It was beautiful.
- Guard: People kept robbing it.
- Butch: Small price to pay for beauty.
- Butch: Do you believe I'm broke already?
- Etta: Why is there never any money, Butch?
- Butch: Well, I swear, Etta, I don't know. I've been working like a dog all my life and I can't get a penny ahead.
- Etta: Sundance says it's because you're a soft touch, and always taking expensive vacations, and buying drinks for everyone, and you're a rotten gambler.
- Butch: Well that might have something to do with it.
- Butch: I'll jump first.
- Sundance: Nope.
- Butch: Then you jump first.
- Sundance: No, I said!
- Butch: What's the matter with you?!
- Sundance: I can't swim!
- Butch: [laughing] Why, you crazy — the fall'll probably kill ya!
- Sundance: [to Etta] What I'm saying is, if you want to go, I won't stop you. But the minute you start to whine or make a nuisance, I don't care where we are, I'm dumping you flat.
- Butch: Don't sugarcoat it like that, Kid. Tell her straight.
- Etta: I'm 26, and I'm single, and a school teacher, and that's the bottom of the pit. And the only excitement I've known is here with me now. I'll go with you, and I won't whine, and I'll sew your socks, and I'll stitch you when you're wounded, and I'll do anything you ask of me except one thing. I won't watch you die. I'll miss that scene if you don't mind.
- [During a gunfight with the Bolivian police, Butch and Sundance run low on ammunition]
- Butch: We're going to run out unless we can get to that mule and get some more.
- Sundance: I'll go.
- Butch: This is no time for bravery. I'll let ya!
- [When the Bolivian army arrives to reinforce the police]
- Bolivian army captain: ¿Dónde están?
- Bolivian police chief: Aquí, en la plaza.
- Bolivian army captain: ¿Quantos hombres son?
- Bolivian police chief: Dos hombres.
- Bolivian army captain: ¿Dos hombres?
- Bolivian police chief: Mi capitán, por favor...
- Bolivian army captain: ¿Dos?!
- Bolivian police chief: Bandidos yanquis.
- Bolivian army captain: ¿Bandidos yanquis, ah?
- Bolivian police chief: Sí, mi capitán.
- Butch: [last lines — as the pair are outnumbered and pinned down] Wait a minute — you didn't see Lefors out there did you?
- Sundance: Lefors? No, why?
- Butch: Thank God for that. For a moment there I thought we were in trouble.
- Bolivian officer: [seeing Butch and Sundance come out] Fuego! Fuego! Fuego! [the screen freezes]
- Paul Newman - Butch Cassidy
- Robert Redford - Sundance Kid
- Katharine Ross - Etta Place
- Strother Martin - Percy Garris
- Jeff Corey - Sheriff Ray Bledsoe
- George Furth - Woodcock
- Cloris Leachman - Whore
- Ted Cassidy - Harvey Logan
- Charles Dierkop - Flat Nose Curry
- You never met a pair like Butch and The Kid.
- Just for the fun of it!
- Not that it matters, but most of it is true.
- They're taking trains... They're taking banks and they're taking one piece of baggage!