Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Remember, no russian.
Lt. Gen. Shepherd
- The more things change the more they stay the same. Boundaries shift, new players step in, but power always finds a place to rest its head. We fought and bled alongside the Russians, we shoulda' known they’d hate us for it. History is written by the victor, and here I am thinking we won. But you bring down one enemy and they find someone even worse to replace him. Locations change, the rationale, the objective. Yesterday's enemies are today’s recruits, train them to fight alongside you and pray they don’t eventually decide to hate you for it too.
- Five years ago, I lost 30,000 men in the blink of an eye and the world just fuckin' watched. Tomorrow, there will be no shortage of volunteers, no shortage of patriots. I know you understand.
Cpt. John Price
- The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take... inventory. Outgunned. Outnumbered. Out of our minds on a suicide mission, but the sands and rocks here stained with thousands of years of warfare... they will remember us for this. Because out of all our vast array of nightmares, this is the one we choose for ourselves. We go forward like a breath exhaled from the Earth. With vigor in our hearts and one goal in sight: We. Will. Kill him.
- NORAD HQ: Sand Bravo, we're reading 70 bogeys in your sector, please verify.
- Nome AFB: Very funny, station. That's a big negative, over.
- NORAD HQ: Sand Bravo, be advised, running diagnostics to scan for malfunction.
- Nome AFB: The skies are clear, station. You got yourself some phantom dots, over.
- NORAD HQ: Zulu X-ray Six. Signs in your sector of some 100 bogeys, please advise.
- Vandenberg AFB: Negatory, station. Scope is clear, I don't know what to tell ya. Solar interference? Heavy sunspot activity today.
- NORAD HQ: Sierra Delta, uh.... we might have a minor ACS fault here. Do you have anything on your scope?
- Air Traffic Control: [radio transmission] They're everywhere!
- NORAD HQ: Sierra Delta! Repeat!
- Air Traffic Control: [air-raid sirens wail in the background] I'm looking at fighter jets over I-95! How the hell did they get through?!
- Norad HQ: Standby, attempting to contact the nearest unit in that sector.
- Sgt. Foley: I read you. This is First Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment. Sergeant Foley, acting command of Hunter 2-1. Do you copy, over?
- NORAD HQ: All Stations, be advised. Satellite surveillance has been disabled. SOSUS and Pave Paws arrays are inoperative at this time...
- The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Site