- We "need" cancer because, by the very fact of its incurability, it makes all other diseases, however virulent, not cancer.
- Gilbert Adair, journalist and film critic, "Under the Sign of Cancer," Myths and Memories, 1986.
- Cancer sucks.
- Breast Cancer Action (anti-cancer advocacy group), Cancer Sucks campaign (2004-2011)
- Physically, however, the body is quite able to completely regenerate itself as it approaches old age. Indeed, a quite legitimate second puberty is possible, in which the male’s seed is youthfully strong and vital, and the woman’s womb is pliable and able to bear . . . Now, to some extent there is a connection between this innate, rarely observed second puberty and the development of cancer, in which growth is specifically apparent in an exaggerated manner.
- Jane Roberts, in The Nature of the Psyche: Its Human Expression, Session 770, Page 66