Eric Cantona (born May 24, 1966) is a French former footballer of the 1990s. He ended his professional footballing career at Manchester United where he won four F.A. Premiership titles in five years, including two FA Cup "doubles". Cantona is often regarded as having played a major "talismanic" role in the revival of Manchester United as a footballing powerhouse, and was voted their player of the century in 2000.
By Eric Cantona
- When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think that sardines will be thrown into the sea.
- Only comment to journalists waiting for him following the "Kung-Fu Kick Incident" of January 1995
- "27 January 1995: Cantona banned over attack on fan". On This Day (BBC News). Retrieved on 2007-04-18.
- After his first training session in heaven, George Best, from his favourite right wing, turned the head of God who was filling in at left-back. I would love him to save me a place in his team - George Best that is, not God.
- I feel close to the rebelliousness and vigour of the youth here. Perhaps time will separate us, but nobody can deny that here, behind the windows of Manchester, there is an insane love of football, of celebration and of music.
- "Eric Cantona Manchester Quote T-Shirt". TShirtsUnited. Retrieved on 2010-01-06.
About Eric Cantona
- "He was the only player I saw who the manager never had a go at. We all went to a film premiere and were told to wear black ties. Eric turned up in a cream lemon suit with Nike trainers. The manager told him that he looked fantastic!"