Caroline Myss (pronounced mace) (born 2 December 1952) is an American medical intuitive and mystic as well as the author of numerous books and audio tapes, including four New York Times Best Sellers: Anatomy of the Spirit (1996), Why People Don't Heal and How They Can (1998), Sacred Contracts (2002), Entering The Castle (2007) and Defy Gravity: Healing Beyond The Bounds Of Reason (2009).
- Keep your honor code between you and God, you don’t break that, no matter who’s not looking. God is.
- Healing requires conscious choices… Very few alcoholics want to give up liquor. Obese people don’t want to give up food. Diabetics don’t want to give up sugar. People in toxic relationships don’t want to leave because that’s what they know. It’s change. People are afraid of change.
- As quoted in "Caroline Myss' Journey" by Terry Loncaric, at Conscious Choice (September 2003)
- Silence is a learned practice that requires far more than just not talking. Not talking is not silence; it's just not talking.
- Entering the Castle : An Inner Path to God and Your Soul (2007), p. 39 (Based on the 'Interior Castle' by Teresa of Ávila)
- The Soul is a fact, but it is not physical. ... Survivors of near-death experiences attest that some part of them apparently detaches from their physical bodies following the death of the body, but while that is proof of the soul for them, it does not prove it to us. The Soul is like divine music that only God can hear; it is the force of endless resurrection; the soul is like a fire that never goes out.
- Entering the Castle : An Inner Path to God and Your Soul (2007), p. 57
- Self-examination is the process of accountability to your soul...It is far better to "become" your truth than to speak your truth. Self-examination is the practice of becoming your truth.
- Entering the Castle : An Inner Path to God and Your Soul (2007), p. 66
- To enter your Castle (soul) is not a journey that takes you away from the world; rather it brings you directly into the world. It brings you fully into your soul, and into your power in the world...Mystics change the world around them more dramatically and more positively than can ever be measured. The mystic works on the invisible plane, relying on God, prayer and grace.
- Entering the Castle : An Inner Path to God and Your Soul (2007), p. 85
- You never really know how or when your life is going to change, and that's for the best.
- Defy Gravity : Healing Beyond the Bounds of Reason (2009), p. 17
- The empowerment journey that is critical to your healing - and to your life - comes from progressing through the deep waters of your dark passions and continuing onward to discover not what has been taken from you, but what you have yet to give and who you have yet to become.
- Defy Gravity : Healing Beyond the Bounds of Reason (2009), p. 111
- "You can eat beef on a weekly basis and become a genius intuitive if your energy is in present time.You can consume only organic food while running thirty-five miles a day and "om-ing" until dawn, but if your spirit is raging about your history and is saturated in regrets and unfinished business, you won't be able to intuit your left hand from your right..."