Carriers is a 2009 American horror film about four people fleeing a viral pandemic. It was written and directed by Àlex Pastor and David Pastor and stars Lou Taylor Pucci, Chris Pine, Piper Perabo and Emily VanCamp.
- And we wouldn't want to break any rules, right? He said, drinking his beer as he drove the stolen Mercedes ridiculously over the speed limit. And look- no hands!
- [On being 'chosen' as immune] I'm here and they're not.
- I'm dying, Danny! I don't give a fuck about the rules!
- [Last words] My little brother. I taught him everything he knows.
- The rules are simple. At least that's how my brother sees it. One, avoid the infected at all costs. Their breath is highly contagious. Two, disinfect anything they've touched in the last 24 hours. Three, the sick are already dead, they can't be saved. You break the rules, you die. You follow them, you live. Maybe.
- [In a mock narration] Brian Green steps up to the tee. He needs a hole-in-one here to get to the Masters, but he's really worried about his people finding out that he's GAY! [Brian misses]Dude, my advice to you is to put the club down, wait 10 minutes... just never pick it up again.
- I drive, and wait for a storm to come and wash us all away. But it doesn't. It's a beautiful day. And it shouldn't be a beautiful day. I wait... but nothing happens to me. And for the first time, I feel like I am alone in the world. We made it. Two strangers with nothing left to say. Brian used to love this place. The hotel, the beach- they still look exactly the same. But they're just places now. I don't know what'll happen next. I don't know how long I'll live. But I know I will be alone.
- [Danny has just found out Bobby is infected, and is viewing a memorial at a gas station] Do you want to end up like them? We will if she stays.
- A serum? Yes, we had a serum. For three days it stabilized the patients; a few actually improved. Three days. That's the best we could do.
- Look around you. We lost power two weeks ago. We sucked the town dry of gas just to run the generators. There's nothing left... Sometimes, choosing life is just choosing a more painful form of death.
- I don't know if there's anybody listening... but, my generator is dying. So, if there is someone out there, this my last call. This is Laura Merkin, last survivor of Corpus Christie, Texas. Goodbye.
[Bobby, Brian's girlfriend, has been infected by Frank's daughter Jodie, and Brian is leaving Bobby behind]
- Bobby: I didn't know, I swear, I didn't know-
- Brian Green: The HELL YOU DIDN'T KNOW! Don't you DO that! DON'T YOU LIE TO ME! [...] I warned you about the girl. I told you to stay away from her; why the hell couldn't you have listened to me?