Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness is an action-adventure game developed and published by Konami for the PlayStation 2 and the Xbox. It is part of the Castlevania video game series, and is the sequel to Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, containing elements of its predecessor's plot.
Konami. Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. Konami Tokyo. PlayStation 2. (in English). (November 5, 2005)
- Isaac: Lord Dracula is gone, but his powers are still here in Valachia...Even you must realize...
- Hector: Devil forging...
- Isaac: Indeed. With this, the most forbidden of arts, a wisp of conjured matter can be transformed into a hellish devil! There are but two humans who possess this magnificent power: you and I.
- Hector: Yes, to our lasting shame. But I shed that evil power - never again will I use it.
- Isaac: Ah, but you will, Hector. And soon! You have no choice. Without it, I could crush you in an instant...but that wouldn't be very satisfying, now would it? You deserve a most gruesome fate for the humiliation you brought upon me 3 years ago. Bereft of the power of devil forging, you cannot hope to pursue me. That is why you will reclaim your powers, and thence, follow where I lead you...But in the end, the glorious vengeance you seek will not be yours - t'will be mine!
- Hector: Wait! Isaac! Damn him. So be it. I must descend into darkness and reclaim that accursed power once more...Heed my words. I will hunt you down like the beast you are! I will have my revenge.
- Trevor Belmont: For one that served under Dracula, you seem much too weak. It's been said that the devil forgemaster's power rivals that of Death.
- Hector: Ah, so you are hunting for Isaac, as well, I see...
- Trevor Belmont: As well? Then you're not...Wait...I recall there was another devil forgemaster. They say he betrayed Dracula and forswore his power. But that was 3 years ago during the war...Could he have survived? It cannot be...
- Hector: Believe what you like. But answer me this. Are you not Trevor Belmont...The one who defeated Lord Dracula?
- Trevor Belmont: That I am. Though, I did not fight alone. There were many brave warriors beside me. And your name, sir?
- Hector: Hector.
- Trevor Belmont: Hector...I shall remember that name.
- Dracula: Ah, the traitor Hector...
- Hector: Lord Dracula...You are reborn.
- Dracula: Why did you betray me?
- Hector: Why did you unleash your hatred upon the humans? When you began slaughtering them indiscriminately, I had no choice but to disobey you.
- Dracula: You side against me...for the sake of humans? Humans are not worth the air they breathe! I was simply cleansing the world.
- Hector: It is not your place to judge the worth of humans.
- Dracula: The powerful always judge the weak. The humans made their judgment of me, as well. Thus I sentenced them to extinction. Sympathy is merely a form of weakness. You betrayed me Hector...And for that, the punishment is death.
- Hector: I stand ready. I will not flee as I did before.