(Redirected from Celibate)
Celibacy is the avoidance of all forms of sexual intimacy, often for religious reasons.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Celibacy is not merely unknown to Islam, it is unintelligible.
- Marriage has many pains, but celibacy has no pleasures.
- Marriage may often be a stormy lake, but celibacy is almost always a muddy horsepond.
- Thomas Love Peacock, Melincourt (1817), ch. 7
- Chastity: The most unnatural of the sexual perversions.
- Aldous Huxley