|This Businesspeople article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- You have to learn all the big ideas in the key disciplines in a way that they’re in a mental latticework in your head and you automatically use them for the rest of your life. If you do that, I solemnly promise you that one day you’ll be walking down the street and you’ll look to your right and left and you’ll think "my heavenly days, I’m now one of the few competent people in my whole age cohort." If you don’t do it, many of the brightest of you will live in the middle ranks or in the shallows.
- USC Law School Commencement (2007-05-13)[specific citation needed]
- Our investment style has been given a name - focus investing - which implies ten holdings, not one hundred or four hundred. The idea that it is hard to find good investments, so concentrate in a few, seems to me to be an obvious idea. But 98% of the investment world does not think this way. It's been good for us.
- Poor Charlie Almanack (p.100)
- Both Warren & I insist on a lot of time being available almost every day to just sit and think. That is very uncommon in American business. We read and think. So Warren and I do more reading and thinking and less doing than most people in business.