Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (film)
(Redirected from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (movie))
- Directed by Tim Burton. Written by John August. Starring Johnny Depp, Freddie Highmore, Helena Bonham Carter and Christopher Lee
- Good morning, starshine. The earth says hello.
- Everything in this room is eatable. Even I'm eatable. But that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies. Enjoy.
- Charlie: Mr. Wonka, why would Augustus' name already be in the Oompa-Loompa song unless they—
- Wonka: Improvisation is a parlor trick. Anyone can do it. [turns to Violet] You, little girl, say something. Anything.
- Violet: Chewing gum.
- Wonka: Chewing gum is really gross. Chewing gum I hate the most. See? Exactly the same.
- Mike: No, it isn't.
- Wonka: Uh, you really shouldn't mumble because I can't understand a word you're saying.
- Wonka: You're all quite short, aren't you?
- Violet: Well, yeah. We're children.
- Wonka: Well, that's no excuse. I was never as short as you.
- Mike: You were once.
- Wonka: Was not! Know why? Because I distinctly remember putting a hat on top of my head. Look at your short little arms. You could never reach.
- Mr. Salt: [about the squirrels taking Veruca] Where are they taking her?
- Wonka: Where all the other bad nuts go: Down the garbage chute.
- Mr. Salt: Where does the chute go?
- Wonka: To the incinerator. But don't worry, we only light it on Tuesdays.
- Mike: Today is Tuesday.
- Wonka: Well, there's always a chance they decided not to light it today.
- Joe: Wouldn't it be something, Charlie, to open a bar of candy and find a Golden Ticket inside?
- Charlie: I know. But I only get one bar a year. For my birthday.
- Mrs. Bucket: Well, it's your birthday next week.
- Josephine: You have as much chance as anybody does.
- George: Balderdash. The kids who're going to find the Golden Tickets are the ones who can afford to buy candy bars every day. Our Charlie gets only one a year. He doesn't have a chance.
- Josephine: Everyone has a chance, Charlie.
- George: Mark my words: The kid who finds the first ticket will be fat, fat, fat!
- George: There's plenty of money out there. They print more every day. But this ticket— There are only five of them in the whole world, and that's all there's ever going to be. Only a dummy would give this up for something as common as money. Are you a dummy?
- Charlie: No, sir.
- George: Then get that mud off your pants. (gives two thumbs up) You've got a factory to go to!
- Willy Wonka - Johnny Depp
- Charlie Bucket - Freddie Highmore
- Grandpa Joe - David Kelly
- Mrs. Bucket - Helena Bonham Carter
- Mr. Bucket - Noah Taylor
- Mrs. Scarlett Beauregarde - Missi Pyle
- Mr. Salt - James Fox
- The Oompa-Loompas - Deep Roy
- Dr. Wilbur Wonka - Christopher Lee
- Mr. Teavee - Adam Godley
- Mrs. Gloop - Franziska Troegner
- Violet Beauregarde - AnnaSophia Robb
- Veruca Salt - Julia Winter
- Mike Teavee - Jordan Fry
- Augustus Gloop - Philip Wiegratz
- Little Willy Wonka - Blair Dunlop
- Grandma Georgina - Liz Smith
- Grandpa George - David Morris
- Grandma Josephine - Eileen Issell
- Mrs. Salt - Francesca Hunt
- Mr. Gloop - Harry Taylor