(Redirected from Cobain, Kurt Donald)
- 1 Interviews (1989-1994)
- 2 Incesticide liner notes (1992)
- 3 Journals (2002)
- 4 Song lyrics
- 5 Stage banter
- 6 Misattributed
- 7 Quotes about Cobain
- 8 External links
- In Aberdeen, I hated my best friends with a passion, because they were idiots.
- As quoted in The Daily Of The University Of Washington (1989-05-05)
- I'd like to live off the band, but if not, I'll just retire to Mexico or Yugoslavia with a few hundred dollars, grow potatoes, and learn the history of rock through back issues of Creem magazine.
- As quoted in The Daily Of The University Of Washington (1989-05-05)
- It's really not hard to keep your dignity and sign to a major label...Most people don't have any dignity in the first place.
- As quoted in Sounds (1990-10)
- Rap music is the only vital form of music introduced since punk rock.
- As quoted in M.E.A.T (1991-09)
- I knew I was different. I thought that I might be gay or something because I couldn't identify with any of the guys at all. None of them liked art or music, they just wanted to fight and get laid. It was many years ago but it gave me this real hatred for the average American macho male.
- As quoted in Melody Maker (1991-09-14)
- Rape is one of the most terrible crimes on earth. And it happens every few minutes.
- As quoted in New Musical Express (1991-11-23)
- Hope I die before I turn into Pete Townshend.
- As quoted in BAM (1992-01-10)
- I would like to get rid of the homophobes, sexists, and racists in our audience. I know they're out there and it really bothers me.
- As quoted in SPIN (1992-01)
- We sound like the Bay City Rollers after an assault by Black Sabbath. And, we vomit onstage better than anyone.
- As quoted in Guitar World (1992-01)
- If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs.
- As quoted in Details (1992-02)
- I just can’t believe anyone would start a band just to make the scene and be cool and have chicks. I just can’t believe it.
- As quoted in Option (1992-01-02)
- I can’t comment on Soundgarden because I know them personally and I really like them a lot, but I have strong feelings towards Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains and bands like that. They’re obviously just corporate puppets that are just trying to jump on the alternative bandwagon - and we are being lumped into that category.
- As quoted in Flipside (1992-03)
- Zits are beauty marks.
- As quoted in Sassy (1992-04)
- All drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with your self-esteem. They’re no good at all. But I’m not going to go around preaching against [them].
- As quoted in Rolling Stone (1992-04-16)
- I wouldn’t wear a tie-dyed tee-shirt unless it was dyed with the urine of Phil Collins and the blood of Jerry Garcia.
- As quoted in Melody Maker (1992-07-18)
- Yeah, I was run out of town. They chased me up to the castle of Aberdeen with torches. Just like the Frankenstein monster. And I got away in a hot air balloon. And I came here to Seattle.
- As quoted in Monk Magazine (1992-10)
- If you're really a mean person you're going to come back as a fly and eat poop.
- As quoted in Monk Magazine (1992-10)
- Jocks have completely taken over music... And just to get back at them, I’m going to start playing basketball.
- As quoted in Musician (1993-10)
- I wouldn't have been surprised if they had voted me Most Likely To Kill Everyone At A High School Dance.
- As quoted in Howl (1993-07-22)
- The thrill and embarrassment of becoming international pop stars was too much, so we opened our mouths and put our foot in sometimes.
- As quoted in Details (1993-11)
- I'm a much happier guy than a lot of people think I am.
- As quoted in Rolling Stone (1993-01-27)
- I can't play [guitar] like Segovia. The flip side of that is that Segovia could probably never have played like me.
- As quoted in Fender Frontline Magazine (Fall 1994)
- If it was up to me, I'd get more oil tanker drivers drunk. I don’t value music much. I like the Beatles, but I hate Paul McCartney. I like Led Zeppelin, but I hate Robert Plant. I like the Who, but I hate Roger Daltrey.
- As quoted in The NIRVANA Reader: 1988 – 1992 (Published December 2008)
- They're claiming that [the grunge bands] finally put Seattle on the map, but, like, what map? ...I mean, we had Jimi Hendrix. Heck, what more do we want?
- From an interview with Marc Coiteux on Musique Plus, 1991-09-21, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- They (Extreme) surround themselves with these professional, dickhead, commercial rock and roll guys...when they show up at an airport, their manager runs ahead of them and yells at the people greeting them, 'No video! We want a path straight to the van! We don't want any pictures taken!' Y'know, I'm like, "So what?"
- Same thing happened in the punk movement in the late 70's...a punk band would start, play one gig, and get signed to a major label right away, 'cause it [was] a trend. That just shows there are a lot of old school dinosaurs in the record industry who need to be weeded out.
- Date unknown, but believed to be 1992-06-30 in Sweden 
- Music comes first; lyrics are secondary. Most of my lyrics are contradictions. I'll write a few sincere lines, and then I'll have to make fun of [them]. I don't like to make it too obvious, because if it is too obvious, it gets really stale. You shouldn't be in people's faces 100% all the time. We don't mean to be really cryptic or mysterious, but I just think that lyrics that are different and weird and spacey paint a nice picture. It's just the way I like art.
- Date unknown, but appears on Live! Tonight! Sold Out!!.
- I would like to think there's some purity in us, yeah. Naive - y'know, purposely naive.
Incesticide liner notes (1992)
- Punk Rock (while still sacred to some) is, to me, dead and gone. We just wanted to pay tribute to something that helped us to feel as though we had crawled out of the dung heap of conformity.
- I'll be the first to admit that we're the 90's version of Cheap Trick or the Knack but the last to admit that it hasn't been rewarding.
- At this point I have a request for our fans. If any of you in any way hate homosexuals, people of different color, or women, please do this one favor for us - leave us the fuck alone! Don't come to our shows and don't buy our records.
- Last year, a girl was raped by two wastes of sperm and eggs while they sang the lyrics to our song "Polly". I have a hard time carrying on knowing there are plankton like that in our audience.
- To be positive at all times is to ignore all that is important, sacred or valuable. To be negative at all times is to be threatened by ridiculousness and instant discredibility. [p. 18]
- I use bits and pieces of others [sic] personalities to form my own. [p. 95]
- John Lennon has been my idol all my life but he's dead wrong about revolution... find a representative of gluttony or oppression and blow the motherfuckers [sic] head off. [p. 130]
- Why in the hell do journalists insist on coming up with a second rate Freudian evaluation on my lyrics when 90% of the time they've transcribed the lyrics incorrectly? [p. 190]
- I mean it seems like there are only two options for songwriters [sic] personalities either theyre [sic] sad, tragic visionaries like morrissey or michael stipe or robert smith or theres [sic] the goofy, nutty white boy, Hey lets party and forget everything people like Van Halen or all that other Heavy metal crap. [p. 44]
- Birds...scream at the top of their lungs in horrified hellish rage every morning at daybreak to warn us all of the truth. They know the truth. Screaming bloody murder all over the world in our ears, but sadly we don't speak bird. [p. 224]
- I would only wear a tie dyed T Shirt if it were dyed with the urine of Phil Collins and the blood of Jerry Garcia. [p. 269]
- I am not well read, but when I do read, I read well. [p. 124]
- I need an easy friend
I do, with an ear to lend.
- The lady whom I feel maternal love for
Cannot look me in the eyes
But I see hers and they are blue
And they cock and twist and masturbate.
- She loves him more than he will ever know
He loves her more than he will ever show
- Yes I eat cow I am not proud.
- Thank you, dear God
For putting me on this Earth
I feel very privileged
In debt for my thirst
- With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid, and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us.
- Load up on guns, and bring your friends.
- A mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, my libido.
- I found it hard,
It was hard to find
Oh well, whatever, never mind.
- He's the one
Who likes all our pretty songs
And he likes to sing along
And he likes to shoot his gun
But he knows not what it means.
- Come as you are, as you were
As I want you to be
As a trend, as a friend, as a known enemy
Take your time, hurry up
The choice is yours, don't be late.
- I'm so happy
'Cause today I found my friends
They're in my head.
I'm so ugly, that's okay
'Cause so are you,
Broke our mirrors.
- Polly wants a cracker
Think I should get off her first
Think she wants some water
To put out the blow torch.
- Just because you're paranoid
Don't mean they're not after you.
- One baby to another says
I'm lucky to have met you
- I love myself better than you
I know it's wrong, but what should I do?
- It's OK to eat fish
'Cos they don't have any feelings
- Teenage angst has paid off well
Now I'm bored and old.
- Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back.
- Hate me
Do it and do it again
Rape me, my friend.
- I miss the comfort in being sad.
- The sun is gone
But I have a light
- I take pride as the king of illiterature.
- Hate your enemies
Save your friends
Find your place
Speak the truth.
- All in all is all we are.
B-sides and compilation tracks (1989-1993)
- And the flowers sing in D minor
And the birds fly happily.
- And if you save yourself
You will make him happy.
Posthumously released (post-1994)
- Things have never been so swell
I have never failed to fail.
- Something in her eyes
Must be the smoke in my lungs.
- I need you around
To remind me what not to become.
- Congratulations, you have won
It's a year's subscription of bad puns.
- Neither side is sacred; no one wants to win
Feeling so sedated; think I'll just give in.
- If I may, and if I might
Lay me down, weeping.
Note: All stage banter sourced from The Live Nirvana Tour History
- We're Nirvana and we really don't particularly like heavy metal.
- There is plenty of Hühnerfleisch in the Kühlschrank. (There is plenty of chicken in the fridge.)
- 1991-08-27 at Bremen, Germany
- Hi, my name is Kurt Cobain, I'm homosexual, I'm a pagan, I'm a drug abuser, and I like to fuck pot-bellied pigs!
- 1991-12-02 at Newcastle, UK
- We're waiting for the dinosaurs to die out. They will die. And then we'll move into their homes.
- 1992-02-14 at Kokusai Koryu Centre, Osaka, Japan
- I've been waiting for that! (After an audience member requests "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.)
- I don't think MTV would let us play that. (After an audience member requests "Rape Me.")
- 1993-11-18 at Sony Music Studios, New York City, New York (MTV Unplugged)
- What are they tuning, a harp? I thought we were a big rich rock band. We should have a whole bunch of extra guitars.
- 1993-11-18 at Sony Music Studios, New York City, New York (MTV Unplugged)
- What's the matter with all you people at the back, did you come here to see Gloria Estefan?
- OK, you trained monkeys, everybody jump up and down. Let's bring back the good old pogo!
- I spent all of my life trying to stay away from sports and here I am in a sporting arena.
- This song is dedicated to Frank Zappa, and River Phoenix, Fred Gwynne who played Herman Munster, Dixie Lee Ray, Thomas P, Tip O'Neil, and you, dumb ass, who just threw water on me.
- 1994-01-07 at Seattle Center Arena, Seattle, Washington
Quotes about Cobain
- Genius is a weird and inappropriate word, and hard work is underrated, but Kurt Cobain had a distinct and personal take on the world, and generally, when someone strikes a chord with his audience, that’s what people respond to...I have to admit that I wasn’t particularly a fan of Nirvana when I was asked to work on In Utero, but during the course of making the record I came to appreciate that they were genuine about their band and their music, that Kurt was capable of sophisticated thinking, and that they and their music were unique.
- Steve Albini, quoted in "Steve Albini Drops Anonymity, Answers Questions In Poker Forum", Stereogum (2007-10-06).
- Nirvana were like...power-chord music with the occasional Sonic Youth-y flip-out in it. But the power of that band is Kurt Cobain's voice, which is just fucking caramel–a beautiful rock voice.
- He had a touch most guitarists would kill for.
- People were trying to call me to do interviews on the anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death. They want me to say some poignant shit about some poor guy who blew his head off. It's just like, "Give me a fuckin' break, man"...Just say the guy made some good records, and let's get on with it.
- I remember watching Kurt come through and thinking, "God, this music is nuclear," This is really splitting the atom. They raised the temperature for everybody. Manufactured pop never looked so cold as when that heat was around. Nirvana made everything else look silly.
- I was simply blown away when I found out that Kurt Cobain liked my work, and I always wanted to talk to him about his reasons for covering "Man Who Sold The World." It was a good straightforward rendition and sounded somehow very honest. It would have been nice to have worked with him, but just talking would have been real cool.
- David Bowie, quoted in "A Fan's Notes," SPIN (1995-04).
- Cobain was very shy, very polite, and obviously enjoyed the fact that I wasn’t awestruck at meeting him. There was something about him, fragile and engagingly lost.
- I'm sorry I couldn't have spoken to the young man. I see a lot of people at the Zen Center, who have gone through drugs and found a way out that is not just Sunday school. There are always alternatives, and I might have been able to lay something on him. Or maybe not.
- Leonard Cohen, quoted by Peter Howell, Addicted To Noise (1995-08-06).
- That kid has heart.
- A couple weeks ago, one of my students gave me a mixed tape of Kurt Cobain and there was a version of "Black Girl" of great artistry. Great vocal control and subtlety, it's almost as good as Leadbelly's.
- Allen Ginsberg, quoted by George Petros in "ALLEN GINSBERG. GROOVIN' GURU. Beat laureate ALLEN GINSBERG goes bananas," Seconds, Issue 28 (1994).
- He's the most talented person I ever worked with because he was talented in so many different ways. He's a guitar player and a lead singer and he wrote all the songs. He did everything for Nirvana that it took Jimmy Page and Robert Plant to do for Led Zeppelin. Kurt also designed the album covers and wrote treatments for the videos. He even designed the t-shirts. He was really a comprehensive genius when it came to the art of rock and roll.
- Danny Goldberg, quoted by Stephen Elliott in "The Shorty Q&A with Kurt Cobain's Former Manager Danny Goldberg", The Rumpus, (2009-01-30).
- I suddenly realized Michael [Pitt] was much taller than Kurt, and much more buff, actually. Kurt was a wee little man, with these big piercing blue eyes and this tremendous smile — and that's one thing that nobody can replicate.
- Kim Gordon, quoted by Rodrigo Perez and Courtney Reimer in "Sonic Youth Revisit Their Friend Kurt Cobain In 'Last Days'", MTV.com (2005-07-22).
- I still dream about Kurt. Every time I see him in a dream, I’ll be amazed and I get this feeling that everyone else thinks he’s dead. It always feels totally real, probably because I’m a very vivid dreamer. But, in my dreams, Kurt’s usually been hiding - we’ll get together and I’ll end up asking him, "God, where have you been"
- I met him a few times. As a writer I had enormous respect for him. He was an incredible writer and an incredible singer. And when I met him I found him to be a very special person. He was one of those special people. There was a light inside him that you could see. He had a charisma that went beyond his physical presence.
- Kurt really reminded me a lot of John [Lennon] in his writing, singing, and guitar playing. More attitude than technique, but he had incredibly strong rhythm and a great solo sense.
- Jim Keltner, according to Classic Rock Albums: Nevermind by Jim Berkenstadt and Charles Cross, Schirmer, 1998.
- Rage and aggression were elements for Kurt to play with as an artist, but he was profoundly gentle and intelligent.
- I went to see Nirvana at a small club called the Pyramid on Avenue A in New York City. It was hard to hear the guitar, but the guy playing and singing had a vibe; he hopped around like a muppet or an elf or something, hunched over his guitar, hop hop hop, hippety hippety hop. I loved that. When he sang, he put his voice in this really grating place, and it was kind of devilish sounding. At the end of the set he attacked the drum kit and threw the cymbals, other bits and finally himself into the audience. Later I saw the same guy passing the bar. He was little, with stringy blond hair and a Stooges T-shirt. I felt proud.
- Iggy Pop, quoted in "A Fan's Notes," SPIN (1995-04).
- Kurt Cobain represents a very legit, realistic outlook. Before that, in my head, to be a white artist was to be privileged. You celebrated the glamor and you got respect. But here's someone that was really taking a hip-hop stance on all of that. Who doesn't play their hit single in concert? Are you crazy? He took that nihilistic Sonic Youth approach, that tortured-everyday-guy thing, to the hilt
- Cobain changed the course of where the music went. There are certain people where you can see the axis of musical history twisting on them: Hendrix was pivotal, Prince was pivotal, Cobain was pivotal.
- Vernon Reid, quoted in The "Immortals - The Greatest Artists Of All Time", Rolling Stone (2004-04-15).
- In Kurt’s voice I could hear his love of bluegrass music, of Bill Monroe and Leadbelly. It’s in the twang of his voice.
- Patti Smith, quoted by Jim Farber in "Patti Smith still doesn’t change horses midstream," Pop Matters (2007-10-13).
- Yeah, he talked a lot about what direction he was heading in. I mean, I know what the next Nirvana recording was going to sound like. It was going to be very quiet and acoustic, with lots of stringed instruments. It was going to be an amazing fucking record, and I’m a little bit angry at him for killing himself. He and I were going to record a trial run of the album, a demo tape. It was all set up. He had a plane ticket. He had a car picking him up. And at the last minute he called and said, "I can't come."
- Michael Stipe, quoted by Jeff Giles in "Everybody Hurts Sometimes," Newsweek (1994-09-26).
- I was in Pioneer Square - I went to see some band, I don't know if it was the the Melvins. Kurt was there - I think Kurt was by himself and I was by myself. I went over to tell him how much I loved Bleach. He was very quiet and subdued. He said, "Thanks - that means a lot coming from you. Consider yourself our biggest influence."
- Kim Thayil, quoted by Greg Prato in Grunge Is Dead: The Oral History of Seattle Rock Music, ECW Press, 2009.
- And like I said I love Kurt Cobain and Nirvana, the lyrics are so deep--stuff like "The animals I've trapped have now become my pets".
- He's your archetypal small guy - wiry, defiantly working class and fiery.
- Everett True, in "Everett True Thrashes It Out With The Latest Wizards From Seattle's Sub Pop Label Who Arrive In Britain Next Week," Melody Maker (1989-10-21).
- Kurt's wounds were so deep that when the music floated to the surface after being filtered through his soul, it was incorporeal.
- Steven Tyler, quoted in "A Fan's Notes," SPIN (1995-04).
- ...With Kurt Cobain you felt you were connecting to the real person, not to a perception of who he was - you were not connecting to an image or a manufactured cut-out.
- Lars Ulrich, quoted in "Lars Ulrich: Kurt Cobain Didn't Want to Share the Stage with Guns N' Roses," Blabbermouth.net (2004-04-01)
- You know, I always thought I'd go first. I don't know why I thought that, it just seemed like I would. I mean, I didn't know him on a daily basis - far from it. But, in a way, I don't even feel right being here without him. It's so difficult to really believe he's gone. I still talk about him like he's still here, you know. I can't figure it out. It doesn't make any sense.
- He really, really inspired me. He was so great. Wonderful. One of the best, but more than that. Kurt was one of the absolute best of all time for me.
Cobain in song
- Everything I love the most get taken away. My momma and music is next.
And if that happens before I turn 28. Then I'm going out with Kurt Cobain.
- I think I'm Jimi Hendrix, I think I'm Kurt Cobain
I think I'm John Lennon, gone insane
Someone take this gun, before I blow out my brains (BANG).
- Gone Insane by Ab-Soul
- And KDC you were much too young
And you changed my life
But I draw the line at suicide.
Here's to Life!
- Here's to Life by Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution
- I remember doing nothing on the night Sinatra died
And the night Jeff Buckley died
And the night Kurt Cobain died
And the night John Lennon died.
- You Were Right by Badly Drawn Boy
- You can hear them crying down the lane
From Portland to Maryland
From Greece to Spain.
- Kurt by Dan Bern
- A transvestite in trouble, gee
We can make a double CD
People want to see blood,
To see 'em messed up like a Kurt Cobain.
- So You Want Me To Bleed by Billie the Vision and the Dancers
- I'll spend my days with J.F.K., Marvin Gaye, Martha Raye, and Lawrence Welk,
And Kurt Cobain, Kojak, Mark Twain and Jimi Hendrix's poltergeist.
- Fire Water Burn by The Bloodhound Gang
- And going for the clincher, a girl cries out in vain
How Jesus lived 6 years longer than Kurt Cobain
And Jesus' hair was longer, and Jesus' arms were stonger
And Jesus's eyes were bluer, and Jesus' thoughts were truer.
- Jesus Lived 6 Years Longer Than Kurt Cobain by Bollock Brothers
- Just because they knew your name
Doesn't mean they know from where you came
What a sad trick you thought that you had to play.
- It's a shame about your future
It's a crime about your past.
- The Fall (Kurt's Blues) by Cher
- Blown away by fame
We could all feel the shotgun hit the floor.
- The Day Seattle Died by Cold
- What of Kurt Cobain, will his presence still remain?
- I'm Still Remembering by The Cranberries
- Where did you sleep last night
With the angels locked up tight
Love was his only light
Did she have another one?
- Dimebag" by Cross Canadian Ragweed
- My sister, she says she knows Elvis Presley
She knows Jesus, John Lennon, and Kurt Cobain personally.
- Maybe Angels by Sheryl Crow
- Kurt Cobain was so young
Sad to see this poet's gone.
- Sacred Life by The Cult
- A whole generation of kids blowin' out their fuckin' brains to this Kurt Cobain music.
- Devils's Night by D12
- See niggas, they want my name next to Kurt Cobain
But I don’t sniff cocaine, I sniff propane.
- A daily dose of eMpTyV
Will flush your mind right down the drain
Shannon Hoon and Kurt Cobain,
Make yourself a household name.
- Just Let Me Breathe by Dream Theater
- My favorite color is red, like the blood shed
from Kurt Cobain's head, when he shot himself dead.
- Cum On Everybody by Eminem
- Get your brains bashed in so bad
You gone have Kurt Cobain asking
To autograph a bloodstained napkin.
- Untitled by Eminem
- Nigga that's no lie, no joke, no game, no fabrication
Last name must be Cobain.
- Suicide 2 by Fabolous featuring Paul Cain & Freck Billionaire
- And I want it so bad I'd shoot the sunshine into my veins.
I can't remember the good old days.
- 27 by Fall Out Boy
- He lies in an empty room
With his hair burnt to the back
It sure sounds funny
When you say his name like that.
- Mighty K.C. by For Squirrels
- Or take me away like a bullet from Kurt Cobain.
- My Life by Game
- I hang with John and Kurt and Jimi too
With Sandy, Jannie, Albert, Charlie, the whole departed crew.
- Silent Revolution by Gandalf Murphy and the Slambovian Circus of Dreams
- Kurt Cobain's rich as fuck
He's buried in the ground.
- Self Suicide by Goldie Lookin' Chain
- Y hoy me encuentro tan solo y triste
Cual hoja al viento
Quisiera llorar, quisiera morir,
Como Kurt Cobain, de sentimiento.
(And today I am so alone and sad
Like a leaf in the wind
I wish to cry, I wish to die
Like Kurt Cobain, of feeling.)
- Decadencia (en vivo) by Héroes del Silencio
- I'll finish with a bang like Kurt Cobain's biography.
- Hard Road by Hilltop Hoods
- Now I'ma pull a fuckin' Jeffrey Dahmer
Now he's suicidal, just like Nirvana.
- They all stand straight and swing to the side
No heads, but they feet still glide
Take a step back, twist and dive
I even seen Kurt Cobain get live.
- Headless Boogie by Insane Clown Posse
- The whole world was crying when Kurt's gun went bang
When Eazy-E died though, it wasn't no thang
Rapper dies of A.I.D.S. but you hardly mention
Rocker blows his face off and becomes a legend.
- Terrible by Insane Clown Posse
- Get that type of media coverage Obama get, spit that Kurt Vonnegut
That blow your brain Kurt Cobain, that Nirvana shit
- Trained, raw, like Big Daddy Kane
Plus I’m born on the same day as Kurt Cobain
- Commandante by k-os
- What's coursing through my veins? Horrible, hurts the brain
Listen to Jimi Hendrix, worshiping Kurt Cobain
The ghetto Edgar Allan Poe
- Time to Die by King Gordy
- Frightening, so fucking frightening
Enough to drive a man insane, a woman insane
The reason Lauryn Hill don't sing, or Kurt Cobain
Loaded that clip and then said bang, the drama it bring is crazy
- HiiiPower by Kendrick Lamar
- Give me vanity, give me Kurt Cobain sanity
- Is This Love by Kendrick Lamar
- This is crack co-caine, I'm Kurt Co-bain
And I bang like a C-R-I-P, P-I-R-U high you Ima I-V
- Night of the Living Junkies by Kendrick Lamar
- They say that white phantom look so cocaine
I hop out the suicide lookin' so Cobain.
- And a memory that can ease your pain
Like a melody from Kurt Cobain.
- Creamer (Radio Is Dead) by Limp Bizkit
- Cobain, Cobain
She blows my brain.
- Pusha by Lloyd
- But it's all entertainment
Wonder when Cobain blew out his brains, did he blame it?
And if those snakes in the industry helped him aim it
Started pressing up records before the bullet left the chamber
- Lupe Back by Lupe Fiasco
- Ne me parle pas de travail à la chaîne
Je veux pas finir comme Kurt Cobain.
(Don't talk to me about working on the assembly line
I don't wanna end like Kurt Cobain.)
- Paradisiaque by MC Solaar
- Way out in Seattle
Young Kurt Cobain
Snuck out to the greenhouse
Put a bullet in his brain.
- Love Love Love by the Mountain Goats
- Keep them high like Kurt Cobain.
- Am I High by N.E.R.D.
- Some believe that you are God,
Others say you were an idiot.
But I only see a good, sad man,
Whose name was K. Cobain.
- K. Cobain by No Future
- Johnny wishes he was famous
Spends his time alone in the basement
With Lennon and Cobain
And a guitar and a stereo.
- Innocent by Our Lady Peace
- Low budget hoes trynna knock ya game, like
Did Courtney Love kill Kurt Cobain, from close range
Turn his brain to shrimp lo mein?
- Sign of the Power by Outsidaz
- Maybe I'm crazy, addicted to pain
Maybe the cocaine destroyed my brain
Private conversations with Kurt Cobain
I'm drownin' my fears in the acid rain.
- Acid Rain (In Loving Memory of Kurt Cobain) by Pastor Troy
- And so I parallel the brains of Cobain.
- Are You Gonna Go Our Way by Public Enemy
- He gathered up his loved ones
And he brought them all around
To say, "Goodbye, nice try."
- Let Me In by R.E.M.
- Cobain, can you hear the spheres
Singing songs off station to station?
- Left on the floor
Leaving your body
When highs are the lows
And lows are the way.
- Tearjerker by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Maybe if I put a bullet in my brain
They'd remember me like Kurt Cobain
And the parasites on MTV
Would wipe their eyes and act like they knew me .
- The Aging Musician by The Residents
- Yeah the whole Byrd gang's in here, like Kurt Cobain was here.
- Santana's Town (Dipset) by Juelz Santana
- Sometimes I wonder what goes on inside her mind
When she said she thought Dave Grohl had died, and Kurt Cobain was still alive.
- Murdered In The Mosh by Son of Dork
- Hard luck god, he never had a chance, you know.
Incurable romantics never do.
- Heart by Stars
- There was this boy who played in a rock n' roll band
And he wasn't half bad at saving the world
She said he could do no right, so he took his life
The story is true.
- Too Cool Queenie by Stone Temple Pilots
- Toward another, he has gone
To breathe an air beyond his own.
- About a Boy by Patti Smith
- Disturbed by the fame
Just like Kurt Cobain.
- I Try by Talib Kweli
- Kurt Cobain reincarnated
Sighs and licks his face.
- Don't Wake Daddy by The Tragically Hip
- See the whites of their eyes, white skin, white lies
House of Pain white, Everlast, Kurt Cobain white
Elvis, simple and plain white, John Wayne white.
- Black and White by R.A. the Rugged Man
- So I watched pay per view and polished my shoes and my gun
Was diggin' on Kurt Cobain sing about lithium.
- Me and My Monkey by Robbie Williams
- He rocked the United States by flying all over the country and playing that rock and roll
He is a good singer
He is my rock star.
- Kurt Cobain by Wesley Willis
- Xzibit easily dispersed like crack cocaine
See I lent my shotgun to Kurt Cobain
And the motherfucker never brought it back (Ah, that's wack)
- Enemies & Friends by Xzibit
- Too late,
He sleeps with angels
He's always on someone's mind.
- Sleeps With Angels by Neil Young
- You said you liked my Cobain shirt.
- End Up Here by 5 Seconds of Summer