Chris Cornell (born July 20, 1964) is an American guitarist/singer-songwriter most well-known for being the lead singer of the bands Soundgarden and Audioslave. He began his musical career as a drummer, before moving on to become a singer and guitarist.
Audioslave Era 
- Everything's different. You have to recognise the fact that I'm different. Time goes on, and you change. I'm coming into this as a different guy, that's probably the biggest thing.
- It's definitely a different world. Smoking is bad for your voice, for sure, but you learn to function in that world of bad. Now I'm in better shape, and I'm much more physical onstage, but I have to watch getting winded. Once I'm winded, I don't sing right. I would have smoked three cigarettes already during this interview [laughs].
- Responding to whether quitting smoking has helped his voice.
- Q&A: Chris Cornell (2005-14-07). Retrieved on 2006-07-03.
Euphoria Morning Era 
- I used to work in jobs I hated because I needed the money to buy a guitar. I know what it feels like to be depressed. On the other hand, I also know what it feels like to have money, to be successful, to be independent, but I can tell you that money and success never solve your problems.
- NYROCK: Interview with Chris Cornell (1999-10-01). Retrieved on 2006-07-03.
Soundgarden Era 
- "Tighter and Tighter" was actually written around the same time as "Black Hole Sun." In fact, I did a demo with four songs on it to play for the band. "Black Hole Sun," "Sounds Like Days," "Tighter and Tighter" and a song called "Anxious." We blew off "Anxious" entirely and recorded "Tighter and Tighter" for the last record. It was the last song we did. It was number 16 and we ran out of studio time. We had the rhythm tracks done and it was just needing vocals and my guitar solos. We just ran out of time. It was falling flat anyway. I changed the arrangement a little bit.
- RockNet Interview: Chris Cornell of Soundgarden (1996-05-01). Retrieved on 2006-07-03.
About Chris Cornell 
- Chris has a very penetrating and unique artistic vision that, when melded with ours, makes for a unique band chemistry. It's such a different vibe than any of us has ever experienced before. There's a great deal of camaraderie.
- Tom Morello – Guitarist from Audioslave/Rage Against The Machine.
- Official site with biography, discography, images, tour dates, etc.
- Fan page at chriscornell.org.uk (first such hit on Google)
- Fansite of all Chris Cornell Bands
- Thorough biography at a comprehensive Soundgarden fan site
- chriscornell.biz UnOfficial site new 2007 all ressources for Chris Cornell
- Chris Cornell at the Internet Movie Database
- All Music Guide artist page for Cornell
- VH1 artist page for Cornell
- SeattleSound - everything about grunge music
- Chris Cornell Lyrics