Corpse Bride is a 2005 stop-motion animated film by Tim Burton. It is about a young man who, stressed by his upcoming wedding, goes for a walk to clear his head. When he returns, he's married to a corpse…
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Victor Van Dort
- I've got a... dwarf... and I'm not afraid to use him! I want some questions, now!
- [to the animated skeleton of his old dog, Scraps] Play dead... Oh, sorry.
- With this hand, I will cup your... Oh, goodness, no!
- With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way in darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine!
- [Angry] Hopscotch.
- [Giggle] Maggots.
- He's not my boyfriend, he's my husband.
- You may kiss the bride!
- I've spent so long in the darkness, I'd almost forgotten how...beautiful the moonlight is.
- Perhaps he does belong with her. Little Miss Living, with her rosy cheeks and beating heart.
- You kept your promise. You set me free. Now I can do the same for you.
- I was a bride. My dreams were taken from me. But now - now I've stolen them from someone else. I love you, Victor, but you're not mine.
- [To Victor] You lied to me! Just to get back to that other woman!
- I know that I am dead, but it seems that I still have some tears to shed
- [to Victor] Out of the way, you ninny!
- There's an eye in me soup.
- Fetch me musket!
- Will the mortification never cease? It will be YEARS before we can show ourselves in public again!
- What impropriety is this?!
- Three steps, THREE! Can you not COUNT?!
- Let's try it AGAIN, shall we, Master Van Dort?
- ENOUGH! This wedding cannot take place until he is properly prepared! [to Victor] Young man. Learn. Your. Vows.
- What are you doing here at this hour? You should be at home, prostrate with grief!
- She's speaking in tongues of an unholy alliance! (about Victoria)
- What a story it is. A tragic tale of romance, passion, and a murder most foul!
- Hit it, boys.
- I love a woman with meat on her bones!
- Why go up there when people are dying to get down here?
- I have it. A Ukranian Haunting Spell! Just the thing for these quick trips.
- Dearly beloved, and departed...
- Victor would have to give up the life he had forever. He would have to repeat his vows in the Land of the Living, and drink from the Wine of Ages. This would stop his heart forever. Only then would he be free to give it to you.
- If I hadn't just been sitting in it, I would say that you've lost your mind!
- We have to KILL HIM!
- [pushing out the Corpse Bride's eye so he can look for Victor] Don't worry. I'll keep an eye out for him.
- [to a villager] You don't know me, but I used to live in your dead mother.
- HEAR YE, HEAR YE! WEDDING REHEARSAL IN RUINS AS VAN DORT BOY CAUSES CHAOS! [sees Victor, and makes it a point to let him know] FISHY FIANCÈ COULD BE CANNED! EVERGLOTS ALL "FIRED UP" AS VAN DORT DISASTER RUINS REHEARSAL!
- HEAR YE, HEAR YE! VICTOR VAN DORT SEEN LAST NIGHT ON THE BRIDGE IN THE ARMS OF A MYSTERY WOMAN! THE DARK-HAIRED TEMPTRESS AND MASTER VAN DORT SLIPPED AWAY INTO THE NIGHT! And now the weather: scattered showers...
- In other news... THE DEAD WALK THE EARTH!!!
- Victoria: Oh, Hildegarde... what if Victor and I don't... like each other?
- Maudeline: Humph! As if that has anything to do with marrige. Do you suppose your father and I like each other?
- Victoria: Surely you must, a little?
- Maudeline and Finis: Of course not!
- Town Crier: VICTOR VAN DORT ELOPES WITH CORPSE! HEARTBROKEN BRIDE TO WED WEALTHY NEWCOMER!
- Nell Van Dort: Wealthy newcomer? It cannot be!
- William Van Dort: Did he say "corpse"?
- Nell Van Dort: Oh, don't be ridiculous. What corpse would marry our Victor?
- Pastor Galswells: [yelling] Be gone, ye demons from Hell! Back to the void from which you came! You shall not enter here! Back! Back!
- Skeleton: Keep it down, we're in a church.
- Emily: [recognizes Barkis] You.
- Lord Barkis: Emily?!
- Emily: YOU!
- Lord Barkis: But... I left you.
- Emily: For dead.
- (The crowd gasps)
- Elder Gutknecht: [to angry corpses] Wait! We must abide by their rules! We are amongst the living.
- Lord Barkis: Well said. [drinks the Wine of Ages]
- Maggot: [after Barkis dies] Not anymore!
- Elder Gutknecht: Yup, you're right. He's all yours.
- Rising to the occasion.
- There's been a grave misunderstanding...
- Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?