Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
This is a collection of quotes from the action/flight console game Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge. It was developed by FASA Studio (a former subsidary of Microsoft Game Studios), and released exclusively for the Xbox by Microsoft in 2003.
High Road to Revenge is set in an alternate 1930s in which the United States has splintered into numerous nation-states and in which air travel and air power rule over North America. As such, air pirates such as Nathan Zachary thrive in the world of Crimson Skies. For more inforation, see Characters of Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge.
May contain spoilers.
Nathan Zachary 
- "That night, I made a promise. Doc's killer would be found and brought to justice. The next day, we loaded the Pandora and headed for Arixo, the last place Doc visited before his death."
- "The battle at the mine had made one thing clear: The Red Skulls and Die Spinne were working together. To what extent and for what purpose was unknown. We headed to Chicago looking for answers, and the man who could provide them: Jonathan Kahn."
- "I hope you don't mind if I leave my socks on. Maria? [Looks out window] Maria!
- "All right, crew, we're approaching the city. The attack has already begun! Kahn and his Skulls are battling Von Essen as we speak. Time to roll!"
- "Fix those broken wings, and learn how to fly again."
- "Take a dive."
- "Get off of my cloud."
- "Another explosive encounter."
- "Go find some direction in your life."
- "Pull that ripcord rookie—you're done for the day."
- "Feel the effects of gravity."
- "It's a battle of wits, and you're completely unarmed."
- "Just because you got a set of wings doesn't mean you can fly."
- "When you get to the ground, tell 'em Nathan Zachary sent you."
The "Eye in the Sky" 
"This is an Eye in the Sky News Report: Earlier today, President David Dunbar vowed to extend the jurisdiction of his Hollywood militia to include waters off the coast of Mexico!"
"This is an Eye in the Sky news brief: 'Trouble in Arixo!' as Theodore Davis reports a rise in bandit activity. The main culprit: El Muerte and his gang of desert bandits, who are believed responsible for a series of border-town raids earlier in the week...."
"This is an Eye in the Sky news report: Tensions between the DeCarlos and Jonathan Kahn's Red Skulls came to a head early last week when the opposing factions clashed in a reported turf battle high above the city streets."
Dr. Fassenbiender 
"During the Great War, I was approched to work on a project, "Starker Sturm", a wind generating weapon. It was the brainchild of a rather unscrupulous engineer named Dr. Nicholas Von Essen. He was a brilliant, but evil-minded man. He refused to acknowledge the good that came our of his project and focused solely on its destructive powers. There's more kinetic energy in a tornado than in ten million tons of conventional explosives! Fortnately, the War ended before his vision was ever realized. During the confusion that followed, I left with my research, and Von Essen fled to South America. I'd hoped it would be the last I'd hear of him. But this... it's him, Nathan. He's back! I... can feel it."
Von Essen 
"Chicago will become my new seat of power! With Chicago under my control, the Industrial States will rally under the might of Die Spinne! Then, I lead the great tide of fascism west to the People's Collective, and east to overrun the Empire State!"
"The Starker Sturm zeppelin is finally complete. And in less than twenty hours, Chicago will concede to my demands, or the Windy City will blow like never before!"
- Betty: Boss, I thought you said you knew how to fly this thing.
- Nathan: I got us here, didn't I?
- Kahn: If you're looking for dinner, we're not taking walk-ins.
- Nathan: We need a reservation? That's strange; I figured Arixo was fair warning we'd be stopping by.
- Kahn: Uh-uh-uh, Nathan. One should never make jokes when one should be offering explanations. Your little shooting spree cost me quite a bit of money.
- Nathan: Perhaps you overextended yourself. Mining titanium isn't your usual line of work.
- Kahn: I like to diversify my interests.
- Nathan: Your interests? As long as I've known you, you've been nothing but a boozer, an brawler, and a womanizing cheat. It's why we get along. But add fascist to the list: well, I have no respect for fascists.
- Kahn: I have no idea what you're rambling about.
- Nathan: Maybe this will refresh your memory. [Nathan tosses Kahn the ring with the Die Spinne insignia]
- Von Essen: I want him dead. Now.
- Kahn: Nathan, it's you who has overexteded himself.
- Nathan: You're the owner? If I didn't know better, I'd say I was looking at a desert mirage.
- Maria: If I didn't know better, I'd say you were flirting with me.