Cristina Fernández de Kirchner
(Redirected from Cristina Kirchner)
- You can be sure that all and each one of us who have institutional responsibilities will raise not only our voice but will take concrete action against any sign of anti-Semitism. We are not willing to give away what has been a historic tradition in Latin America.
- Márquez, Humberto. "ARGENTINA-VENEZUELA: Cristina Fernández triunfa en 15 minutos." IPS. 26 Mar 2007. IPS - Inter Press Service (América Latina). 23 Mar 2008 <http://ipsnoticias.net/nota.asp?idnews=40480>.
- The present time Latin America is going through, with its impressive natural and human resources, devoid of racial and religious conflicts, is a unique moment, and I believe that Argentina and Argentines are at the doorstep of an unprecedented opportunity.
- I feel honored to belong to a generation that was a propitious victim of state terrorism.
- Memory and freedom must be everybody’s daily exercise in order to prevent a new holocaust and a renewed violation of human rights.
- Where do you imagine Evita to stand: asking not to go back to the past, or next to the mothers and grandmothers of Plaza de Mayo?.
- Peronism is so much like Argentines. We Peronists, just like all Argentines, are capable of spawning the most generous actions and the most sublime individuals, as well as the most despicable actions. That’s how contradictory we are. When kidnapping was rife in this country and people were made to disappear and thrown into the river, the defenders of press freedom went AWOL.
- Our society needs women to be more numerous in decision-making positions and in entrepreneurial areas. We always have to pass a twofold test: first to prove that, though women, we are no idiots, and second, the test anybody has to pass.
- The utopias of a better world and a more just society have to do with words, with the generation of dreams, with imagination, with a very important identity that overcomes languages and is the identity of the human condition, to be able to recognize our own image in every fellow man, in a different age. I believe that the key to our time lies in this respect for diversity.
- "In Latin America we can give cathedra about harassment and seizure"