Damien: Omen II
Damien: Omen II, is a 1978 American horror film directed by Don Taylor, starring William Holden, Lee Grant, and Jonathan Scott-Taylor. The film was the second installment in The Omen series, set seven years after the first film, and was followed by a third installment, Omen III: The Final Conflict, in 1981.
- They're all the same. When you've met one platoon leader, you've met them all. Attention! Eyes front, chest-out, stomach-in!
- [Reading a Bible] Here is wisdom. Let he who hath understanding count the number of the Beast. For it is the number of a man, and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.
- [To Damien's platoon] You'll speak only when spoken to. And you'll listen to every word I say. I intend to shine in my new job, and the only way I can do that is by making you shine. You're the little unit I have to polish until the glare of your achievements blinds everybody on this parade ground.
- [To Damien] The time will come that everyone will know who you are, but that day is not yet here.
- Be proud of your accomplishments. Pride's all right when there's reason to be proud.
- [To Damien] You should know all about the Thorn holdings. After all, they'll be yours someday.
- [Pinning Mark to the floor in a fight] What's the matter, Thorn, don't you like it on your back?!
- Mark Thorn: [Talking about Neff, that he might be the next platoon leader] That must be him.
- Damien Thorn: He looks okay.
- Mark Thorn: They're all the same.
- Mark Thorn: Oh, she's just awful! Why did they ever let her come?
- Damien Thorn: So she could wag her finger, criticize us, and generally ruin our weekend, that's why.
- Murray: Now, boys, just because Aunt Marion's getting on-
- Mark Thorn: On our nerves!
- [A group of cadets are waiting to meet with Sgt. Neff, in the hallway outside his office]
- Teddy: That's Damien's father in the back. My old man was on that team, too.
- [Pointing at a picture]
- Teddy: That's him. He was on the line. But Robert Thorn was quarterback. Even back then he was calling the plays for everybody.
- Mark Thorn: [Coming in from Neff's office] You're next, Damien.
- Damien Thorn: Teddy, don't ever talk about my father again. Do you understand?
- Teddy: Can't you take a joke?
- Damien Thorn: [Giving Teddy a long look] Yes.
- [Goes inside Sgt. Neff's office]
- Mark Thorn: What was that all about?
- Teddy: Your cousin really thinks he's somebody, doesn't he? My old man tells me the Thorns make their own hats because the stores don't sell them large enough for their big heads.
- [The other cadets laugh; Mark punches Teddy.]
[Mark is hiding behind a tree in the woods on the Thorn estate after running from Damien, who now stands on the other side.]
- Damien Thorn: I know you're there, Mark. [Walks around to face him] Why are you running away from me, Mark?
- Mark Thorn: I know who you are.
- Damien Thorn: You do?
- Mark Thorn: Dr. Warren. I overheard him talking to dad.
- Damien Thorn: And what did he say?
- Mark Thorn: [Shakes his head, terrified]
- Damien Thorn: Say it, Mark.
- Mark Thorn: He said that... the Devil could create his own image on earth.