|This stub page needs quotations, links to Wikipedia, or very brief additions of identifying source of information. See how you can help Wikiquote expand it.|
- I hate to say it but Apple may end up reliving [with iPhone] its nightmare experience in the personal computer market — that is, arriving ahead of everyone else (in 1984) with a device that was really cool and really well built and really showed what the platform could do, but then keeping everything closed and thereby ending up a niche player.
- Thoughts on G1 and Apple in RealDanLyons.com (23 September 2008)
- We had hoped a tablet from Apple would do something new, something we've never seen before. That's not the case. Jobs and his team kept using words like "breakthrough" and "magical," but the iPad is neither.
- Why the iPad is a Letdown in Newsweek (27 January 2010)
- The Pre represents only a first shot. Rubinstein and his engineers are already preparing a family of devices that will run on the Palm Web OS. Could it be that Apple has staked out an early lead with a breakthrough product only to be passed by others? It's happened before.
- The Palm Pre Takes on Apple's iPhone in Newsweek (7 January 2009)
- Steve Jobs has created his own precious little walled garden. He's looking more and more like Howard Hughes, holed up in his penthouse, making sure he doesn't come in contact with any germs. Now Google is saying, hey, nice garden, have fun sitting in it. By yourself.
- Sayonara, iPhone: Why I'm Switching to Android in Newsweek (19 May 2010)
- Despite all its bluster about innovation, Apple has become a copycat, and not even a good one.
- Viewpoint: Apple's iPhone launches no longer excite in BBC News (11 September 2012)
- Apple's big weakness is its control-freak nature and insistence that there is only one way to make a smart phone. No matter how many carriers sign on to carry the iPhone, in the long run, Apple has again set itself up to be a niche player in smartphones, just as it is in PCs.
- The Verizon iPhone Is Too Late in Newsweek (12 January 2011)