Dawn of the Dead (2004 film)
Dawn of the Dead is a 2004 horror film about a small band of survivors who take refuge in a shopping mall as a plague of zombies overruns the earth. A remake of Dawn of the Dead, the 1978 George Romero film of the same name.
- [While her husband tries to staunch the flow of blood from a bite to his throat, Ana desperately dials 911, only to get repeated "busy" signals.] Don't do this to me! Please, don't DO this to me!
- The bites killed her, the bites brought her back.
- I feel like I'm here for another reason. I feel like I'm here to bring that baby on this earth, and give it everything that I never had. I just want the opportunity... to change things.
- I don't believe in God. I don't see how anyone could.
- [About the deaths of Luda, Andre and Norma] There's nothing to be said. I been to a lot of funerals, folded the flags, givin' them to mothers, wives, sons, and told them how sorry I was. But that's not what I was really feeling. In the back of my mind, I was always thinking better them than me. But I don't believe that now. And now I know that there are some things worse than death. And one of them is sitting here waiting to die and the has guts riped out by a zombie
- [En route to the marina, zombies swarm against Kenneth's bus.] They're trying to turn us over! Hit them with the saw!
- I don't want to shit on anyones riff, but let me see if I grasp this concept, okay? You’re suggesting that we take some fucking parking-shuttles and reinforce them with some aluminum siding, and then just head on over to the gun-store and watch our good friend Andy place some cowboy-movie-jump on the covered wagon-bullshit. Then, we're gonna drive across the ruined city through a welcome-committee of a few hundred-thousand dead cannibals, all so that we can sail off into the sunset on this fuckin' asshole's boat? [The group nods] Alright I'm in.
- [To Steve after he abandoned his post and allowing the zombies overtake the mall] I'll deal with you later you motherfucker!
- [Just before committing suicide to save the other survivors] Fuckin' Figures!
- Televangelist: Hell is overflowing! And Satan is sending his dead to us! Why? Because...you have sex out of wedlock. You kill unborn children. You have man-on-man relations; same sex marriage! How do you think God will judge you? Well, friends, now we know. When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
- Sheriff Cahill: [on TV] Danny, put another round in that woman over there! Look! She's a twitcher!
- President of the United States: My fellow Americans, this Republic faces a crisis like no other in its history. While the lights across this great land dim and the darkness of an uncertain future descends, let us not forget the words that led our country through another great challenge: 'We have nothing to fear, but fear itself.' We will endure, we will rebuild, we will drive away the night and warm our children in the dawn of a new day. God bless you all, and god bless the United States of America.
- CDC official: I'll take your questions.
- Reporter: Is it a virus?
- CDC official: We don't know.
- Reporter: How does it spread? Is it airborne?
- CDC official: Airborne is a possibility; we don't know.
- Reporter: Is this an international health hazard or a militry concern?
- CDC official: Both.
- Reporter: Are these people alive or dead?
- CDC official: [pause] We don't know.
- Press secretary: Yes, I have just spoken with the president. He is in constant contact with both the CDC as well as FEMA. No more questions!
- White House Press Secretary: A state of emergency has been declared in the United States of America, including all overseas dependencies, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. We face- We, uh- For reasons yet to be determined, the bodies of the recently deceased are returning to life and attacking the living. The scope of this eci- epidemic is now reaching global proportions. The President has sent to Congress a package of initiatives which will be explained by the Secretary of Defense, Mr. Martin Emery. Mr. Secretary?
- U.S. Secretary of Defense: As of 8 a.m., Eastern Standard Time, the president has declared the continental United States under martial law. A nationwide curfew of 7 p.m., tonight, has been put into effect, and any citizen caught outdoors between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. is subject to arrest, and detention without counsel. All reserve military personnel and National Guard are ordered to report for immediate deployment. All law enforcement, firefighting and emergency personnel will be federalized, effective immediately. All communications facilities, including the use of landline and cellular telephone facilities will be reserved for military and rescue operations. In order to halt the spread of this contagion, our nation's borders with Canada and Mexico have been sealed. No longer seek shelter in private residences no matter how safely protected or well stocked. Retain all ownership records of private property but do not attempt to transport or defend such property. Rest assured looters will be prosecuted with deadly force, as will any attempts at vigilantism or secessionist political activity. No questions.
- [Kenneth and Ana meet three other survivors traveling the opposite direction.]
- Michael: You do not want to go that way.
- Ana: What's that way?
- Michael: Officer? Sir? You do not want to go that way.
- Frank: You want... every... single second. [about life as he dies of the infection.]
- Bart: CJ, wait up, wait! [as he is chased down by a zombie horde.]
- Andre: You wanna kill Luda? You wanna kill my family? [to Norma before she sparks a gunfight.]
- Norma: Son of a bitch shot me! [to Ana after Andre shoots her.]
- Andy:[on radio] Hey, does this dog got a name? [to camera] I'm not gonna tell 'em how bad it is. I won't worry 'em. It's, it's gonna be okay. I think I'm just gonna rest here a minute.[after being bitten severely, becomes zombie shortly after lying down.]
- Tucker: Shoot me! Shoot me! [to CJ while he is devoured by zombies.]
- Monica: You've got to drive faster, man. [to Kenneth before being accidentally hacked to death by Glen.]
- Glen: I've got 'em. [about a zombie before accidentally killing Monica and crashing the bus.]
- Steve: [before being pounced on by a zombie] What the fuck?
- CJ: [before killing himself and the zombies grabbing him by blowing up the bus he is in.] Fucking figures.
- Michael: Yeah, I think I'll just stay here awhile. Enjoy the sunrise. [to Kenneth before they leave him and he shoots himself in the head due to him being infected.]
- When the undead rise, civilization will fall.
- When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
- How do you kill what's already dead?
- 36 billion people have died since the reign of humanity. For the new Dawn, there's a reunion...
- Sarah Polley — Ana
- Ving Rhames — Kenneth
- Jake Weber — Michael
- Michael Kelly — CJ
- Mekhi Phifer — Andre
- Ty Burrell — Steve Markus
- Kevin Zegers — Terry
- Lindy Booth — Nicole
- Michael Barry — Bart
- Boyd Banks — Tucker
- Inna Kurobkina — Luda
- Jayne Eastwood — Norma
- R.D. Reid — Glen
- Matt Frewer — Frank
- Kim Poirier — Monica
- Bruce Bohne — Andy
- Ken Foree — Televangelist
- Tom Savini — Sheriff Cahill
All context information in [brackets] quoted from www.imdb.com