Dawn of the Dead (2004 film)
Dawn of the Dead is a 2004 horror film about a small band of survivors who take refuge in a shopping mall as a plague of zombies overruns the earth. A remake of Dawn of the Dead, the 1978 George Romero film of the same name.
- [While her husband tries to staunch the flow of blood from a bite to his throat, Ana desperately dials 911, only to get repeated "busy" signals.] Don't do this to me! Please, don't DO this to me!
- The bites killed her, the bites brought her back.
- I feel like I'm here for another reason. I feel like I'm here to bring that baby on this earth, and give it everything that I never had. I just want the opportunity... to change things.
- I don't believe in God. I don't see how anyone could.
- [About the deaths of Luda, Andre and Norma] There's nothing to be said. I been to a lot of funerals, folded the flags, givin' them to mothers, wives, sons, and told them how sorry I was. But that's not what I was really feeling. In the back of my mind, I was always thinking better them than me. But I don't believe that now. And now I know that there are some things worse than death. And one of them is sitting here waiting to die and the has guts riped out by a zombie
- [En route to the marina, zombies swarm against Kenneth's bus.] They're trying to turn us over! Hit them with the saw!
- I don't want to shit on anyones riff, but let me see if I grasp this concept, okay? You’re suggesting that we take some fucking parking-shuttles and reinforce them with some aluminum siding, and then just head on over to the gun-store and watch our good friend Andy place some cowboy-movie-jump on the covered wagon-bullshit. Then, we're gonna drive across the ruined city through a welcome-committee of a few hundred-thousand dead cannibals, all so that we can sail off into the sunset on this fuckin' asshole's boat? [The group nods] Alright I'm in.
- [Just before committing suicide to save the other survivors] Fuckin' Figures!
- Televangelist: Hell is overflowing! And Satan is sending his dead to us! Why? Because...you have sex out of wedlock. You kill unborn children. You have man-on-man relations; same sex marriage! How do you think God will judge you? Well, friends, now we know. When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
- Sheriff Cahill: [on TV] Danny, put another round in that woman over there! Look! She's a twitcher!
- Official: I'll take your questions.
- Reporter: Is it a virus?
- Official: We don't know.
- Reporter: How does it spread? Is it airborne?
- Official: Airborne is a possibility. We don't know.
- Reporter: Is it a international health hazard or a militry concern?
- Official: Both.
- Reporter: Are these people alive or dead?
- Official: [pause] We don't know.
- Press Secretary: The president has direct contact with the CDC and head of FEMA. No further quest-OH MY GOD!
- [Kenneth and Ana meet three other survivors traveling the opposite direction.]
- Michael: You do not want to go that way.
- Ana: What's that way?
- Michael: Officer? Sir? You do not want to go that way.
Last Words 
- Frank: You want... every... single second. [about life as he dies of the infection.]
- Bart: CJ, wait up, wait! [as he is chased down by a zombie horde.]
- Andre: You wanna kill Luda? You wanna kill my family? [to Norma before she sparks a gunfight.]
- Norma: Son of a bitch shot me! [to Ana after Andre shoots her.]
- Andy:[on radio] Hey, does this dog got a name? [to camera] I'm not gonna tell 'em how bad it is. I won't worry 'em. It's, it's gonna be okay. I think I'm just gonna rest here a minute.[after being bitten severely, becomes zombie shortly after lying down.]
- Tucker: Shoot me! Shoot me! [to CJ while he is devoured by zombies.]
- Monica: You've got to drive faster, man. [to Kenneth before being accidentally hacked to death by Glen.]
- Glen: I've got 'em. [about a zombie before accidentally killing Monica and crashing the bus.]
- Steve: [before being pounced on by a zombie] What the fuck?
- CJ: [before killing himself and the zombies grabbing him by blowing up the bus he is in.] Fucking figures.
- Michael: Yeah, I think I'll just stay here awhile. Enjoy the sunrise. [to Kenneth before they leave him and he shoots himself in the head due to him being infected.]
- Sarah Polley — Ana
- Ving Rhames — Kenneth
- Jake Weber — Michael
- Michael Kelly — CJ
- Mekhi Phifer — Andre
- Ty Burrell — Steve Markus
- Kevin Zegers — Terry
- Lindy Booth — Nicole
- Michael Barry — Bart
- Boyd Banks — Tucker
- Inna Kurobkina — Luda
- Jayne Eastwood — Norma
- R.D. Reid — Glen
- Matt Frewer — Frank
- Kim Poirier — Monica
- Bruce Bohne — Andy
- Ken Foree — Televangelist
- Tom Savini — Sheriff Cahill
Works Quoted 
All context information in [brackets] quoted from www.imdb.com