(Redirected from Delay, Tom)
- 1 Sourced
- 1.1 Abortion
- 1.2 Democrats
- 1.3 Enviromentalism
- 1.4 Evolution
- 1.5 Government
- 1.6 Indictment
- 1.7 Iraq war
- 1.8 Judges
- 1.9 Hurricane Katrina
- 1.10 Palestine/Israel
- 1.11 Minimum wage
- 1.12 Newt Gingrich
- 1.13 Resignations
- 1.14 Separation of church and state
- 1.15 United Nations/Kofi Annan
- 1.16 Women/family
- 1.17 Vietnam draft
- 2 External links
- If we had those 40 million children that were [aborted] over the last 30 years, we wouldn't need the illegal immigrants to fill the jobs that they are doing today.
- From a speech at the 2007 College Republican National Convention in Washington, DC. 
- You know, the Democrats want to balance the budget by raising spending and raising taxes. The Soviet Union had a balanced budget.
- Meet the Press, 2003 December 12
- The EPA, the Gestapo of government, pure and simply has been one of the major claw-hooks that the government maintains on the backs of our constituents.
- Associated Press 1995 July 29
- It's never been proven that air toxics [sic] are hazardous to people.
- From the Houston Chronicle 1990 October 27
- Our school systems teach the children that they are nothing but glorified apes who are evolutionized out of some primordial soup of mud.
- on floor of House of Representatives, quoted in "Capitol Sketchbook; In a Bitter Cultural War, An Ardent Call to Arms". The New York Times. 1999-06-17. Retrieved on 2011-10-10.
- I am the Federal Government
- to a waitress who asked him to put out his cigar because smoking in a restaurant in Washington is against Federal law.
- Nothing's worse than a woman know-it-all.
- April 4, 2006
- I am not a federal employee. I am a constitutional officer. My job is the Constitution of the United States, I am not a government employee. I am in the Constitution.
- From Talk Back Live on CNN 1995 December 19
- We have a small faction, and they are a minority, who believe they are there to govern. Then there is the majority of us who believe that indeed we are there to govern but more importantly we are there to be an opposition to the Democratic philosophy and the only way to do that is through confrontation.
- On bipartisanship ~ From the Houston Chronicle 1991 April 14
- I’ve been indicted for rules that don’t even exist
- Interview with The Hill, Dec. 11, 2006, http://www.thehill.com/thehill/export/TheHill/News/Frontpage/121306/delay.html
- "It's the fault of the liberals and the media and the Democrats, that from the very beginning have tried to undermine the will of the American people to fight this."
- Appearing on Hannity and Colmes December 12, 2006 http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/002129.php
- Nothing is more important in the face of a war than cutting taxes.
- From a speech made to bankers 2003 March 12
- The judges need to be intimidated. They need to uphold the Constitution. (If they don't behave) we're going to go after them in a big way.
- On checks and balances ~ From the Washington Post 1997 September 14
- Now tell me the truth boys, is this kind of fun?
- On the refugees of Hurricane Katrina ~ As reported in the Washington Post, 2005 September 10 http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/09/AR2005090901930.html
- My friends, there is no Palestinian-Israeli conflict. There is only the global war on terrorism.
- If Israel falls to the terrorists, the entire free world will tremble. To forsake Israel now would be tantamount to forsaking Great Britain in 1940. It is unthinkable, and it is unthinkable because the world wants to know if we believe freedom is worth fighting for.
- [2004 August 31]
- Emotional appeals about working families trying to get by on $4.25 an hour [the minimum wage in 1996] are hard to resist. Fortunately, such families do not exist.
- Newt Gingrich is an incredible leader. He is a leader of our time, and he's going to lead us into the future. And we're going to accomplish the things that we've all dreamed of.
- As reported from "Late Edition" on CNN 1997 April 6
- After many weeks of personal prayerful thinking and analysis, I have come to the conclusion that it is time to close this public service chapter of my life. It’s time to begin opening new chapters and pursuing new opportunities to engage in the important cultural and political battles of our day from outside the arena of the U.S. House of Representatives...I refuse to allow liberal Democrats an opportunity to steal this seat with a negative, personal campaign....I just realized that my constituents don't deserve this, they deserve a Republican. I think I could have won this seat but it would have been nasty, it would have cost a fortune to do it. The challenge has always been in the interest of the constituents' cause and the Republican majority. I'm more interested in growing the Republican majority than my own future.
- Announcing his resignation from the House of Representatives, 2006 April 4 http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,190448,00.html
- I have notified the speaker that I will temporarily step aside from my position as majority leader pursuant to rules of the House Republican Conference and the actions of the Travis County district attorney today.
- On his indictment for conspiracy in a campaign finance scheme, 2005 September 28 http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9507677/
Separation of church and state
- I don't believe there is a separation of church and state. I think the Constitution is very clear. The only separation is that there will not be a government church.
- To a TV preachers’ Congressional luncheon, July 2001
United Nations/Kofi Annan
- Kofi Annan's kangaroo court...a clear and present danger to the war on terrorism and Americans fighting it all over the world.
- I have seen these liberal psychologists and sociologists talk about there is no need for the man in the family. The woman can take care of it. A woman can take care of the family. It takes a man to provide structure. To provide stability. Not that a woman can’t provide stability, I’m not saying that... It does take a father, though.
- On the role of women in the home. ~ From a radio interview. His wife, Christine DeLay quickly asked to "edit this out," then turned to Tom and said: "This is not a good thing for you to be saying."
- So many minority youths had volunteered...that there was literally no room for patriotic folks like myself.
- On why he and Dan Quayle did not fight in the Vietnam war at the 1988 GOP convention