Dentistry is the art and science of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of conditions, diseases and disorders of the oral cavity, the maxillofacial region and associated structures.
Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations 
- Quotes reported in Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations (1922), p. 188-89.
- My curse upon thy venom'd stang,
That shoots my tortured gums alang;
And through my lugs gies monie a twang,
Wi' gnawing vengeance,
Tearing my nerves wi' bitter pang,
Like racking engines!
- Robert Burns, Address to the Toothache.
- One said a tooth drawer was a kind of unconscionable trade, because his trade was nothing else but to take away those things whereby every man gets his living.
- William Hazlitt, Shakespeare Jest Books. Conceits, Clinches, Flashes and Whimzies, No. 84.
- Some ask'd how pearls did grow, and where,
Then spoke I to my girle,
To part her lips, and showed them there
The quarelets of pearl.
- Robert Herrick, The Rock of Rubies, and the Quarrie of Pearls.
- Those cherries fairly do enclose
Of orient pearl a double row,
Which, when her lovely laughter shows,
They look like rosebuds fill'd with snow.
- Set to music by Richard Alison, An Howre's Recreation in Musike. See Oliphant's La Messa Madrigalesca, p. 229.
- I am escaped with the skin of my teeth.
- Job, XIX, 20.
- Thais has black, Læcania white teeth; what is the reason? Thais has her own, Læcania bought ones.
- Martial, Epigrams (c. 80-104 AD), Book V, Epigram 43.
- I have the toothache.
* * * * * *
What! sigh for the toothache?
- For there was never yet philosopher
That could endure the toothache patiently.
- In the spyght of his tethe.
- John Skelton, Why Come Ye nat to Courte, line 939.
- I'm English. Our dentistry is not world famous. But I made sure I got moldings of my old teeth beforehand because I miss them.
- Show people tend to treat their finances like their dentistry. They assume the man handling it knows what he is doing.
- If suffering brought wisdom, the dentist's office would be full of luminous ideas.
- Happiness is your dentist telling you it won't hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill.
- Mad is the man who is forever gritting his teeth against that granite block, complete and changeless, of the past.
- I don't have false teeth. Do you think I'd buy teeth like these?
- Every tooth in a man's head is more valuable than a diamond.
- Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote.
- Let us have a dagger between our teeth, a bomb in our hands, and an infinite scorn in our hearts.
- The man with a toothache thinks everyone happy whose teeth are sound.
- The nations morals are like its teeth, the more decayed they are the more it hurts to touch them.
- I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth.
- I will be flesh and blood;
For there was never yet philosopher
That could endure the toothache patiently,
However they have writ the style of gods
And make a push at chance and sufferance.
- William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing