Dexter's Laboratory is an animated show created by Genndy Tartakovsky. It follows the adventures of a boy genius named Dexter, who has a secret laboratory hidden behind a bookshelf in his bedroom. His enemy and rival is a boy named Mandark, but he feuds even more often with his older sister Dee Dee.
Season 1 
Dee Deemensional 
- DeeDee: Oh Dexter! Dexter! Dexter! Come quick! You have to help! It's terrible! You sent me and you're all gross and-
- Dexter: [Annoyed] This better be important woman. You are interrupting my very delicate calculations.
- DeeDee: I have a message for you from the future.
- Dexter: [Taps his index finger on the table] From the future, huh?
- DeeDee: Yes. You sent me back in time to-
- Dexter: Stop! If there was a message so important that it would require time travel, I would certainly not entrust it to my idiot sister. I would send myself. In other words...[Shouting] I would not send you back in time even if..! If..if...[Shouting] I was being eaten alive!
- DeeDee: [Sobbing] Oh Dexter! Why are you being so horrible?!
- Dexter: Please...I have no time for your tears. Why don't you go back outside and talk to trees or whatever it is you do?
- DeeDee: Fine! I will! And I'm not ever giving you the message! [Runs out of the lab, crying]
- Dexter: [Shrugs it off and continues work] Fine with me.
Dial M for Monkey: Magmanamus 
Maternal Combat 
- [Dad happily returns home to find two smoking robots and the shifty looking kids]
- Dad: Hello honey! Hello Dexter! Hello Dee-Dee! Hello honey! (heads upstairs) Hello honey!
Dexter Dodgeball 
- Dexter: [Hands his execuse note to the "Coach" and happly walks away] If you need me, I'll be in the science lab.
- The 'Coach': What's this crap?
- Dexter: [Turns around in shock] Who are you?
- The 'Coach': I'm your Substitute Coach.
- Dexter: But, but, but...
- Substitute Coach: Quiet!
- Dexter:...but my excuse!
- Substitute Coach: [Rips the excuse letter in half] What excuse?! Now! Suit up!
Dial M for Monkey: Rasslor 
Dexter's Assistant 
- Dexter: [Sweetly] Assistant?
- Dee Dee: Yes?
- Dexter: Would you please assist me by...SHUTTING UP!?
Dexter's Rival 
- Mandark: Yes, Dexter, I can read your thoughts, and I am smarter than you.
Dial M for Monkey: Simion 
Double Trouble 
Dial M for Monkey: Barbequor 
Jurassic Pooch 
Dial M for Monkey: Orgon Grinder 
Dee-Dee's Room 
Dial M for Monkey: Huntor 
Star Spangled Sidekicks 
- Dee-Dee: [Laughs at Dexter's speech for wanting to be Major Glory's sidekick]
- Dexter: And what is so amusing about that? [Dee-Dee continues laughing] Dee-Dee stop laughing this instant!
- Dee-Dee: Okay, okay Dexter, don't get your underwear into a wrinkle. Look...You're my brother and all and I'll be honest with ya...[Amused] You've gotta be kidding me! [Seriously] You don't have what takes. Just look at ya...[Measures Dexter] You're two foot nothing. [Camera zooms on Dexter's glasses] You can barely see [Puts her arm around Dexter's shoulder] and besides everything...You're a dork! [Smiles]
- Dexter: [Yells in frustration]
- Dexter: And I suppose you have what it takes to be a superhero's sidekick?
- Dee-Dee: [Shrugs] Of course. I have style, pizzazz, and I can punch and kick some. You know. [Dexter opens his mouth to talk] Yes?
- Dexter: [Drops it] Forget it. [Walks upstairs] There's nothing to be said. I will be a Major Glory Sidekick and you will not.
- Dee-Dee: [Shouts upstairs] That's what you think Dexter!
- Dexter: No Dee-Dee! That's what I know.
The Justice Friends: TV Super Pals 
Game Over 
- Dexter: 'Master Computer?' Wow dad, thanks, a video game... An OLD video game...
- Dad: Well, I know how much you like gadgets and stuff, Dexter, but what you've got there is more than just a video game: It's a bargain! Got it for a nickel from a gypsy!
Babysitter Blues 
- Dee-Dee: Hello!
- Dexter: Dee-Dee, get off the phone!
- Dee-Dee: Okay, but I'm still trying to find whatever it was I was looking for.
- Dexter: Great, okay, bye.
- Dee-Dee: Bye!
- Dexter: Bye.
- Dee-Dee: Bye!
- Dexter: BYE!
- Dexter: (sounds like Lisa's boyfriend on her end of the phone) Oh, I guess we just got cut off. But I wanted to call you back and tell you that you have got cooties and I am love with....with...my football. Bye.
The Justice Friends: Valhallen's Room 
Dream Machine 
Doll House Drama 
The Justice Friends: Krunk's Date 
The Big Cheese 
Way of the Dee-Dee 
- Dee-Dee: Discard those ravlings which tie you to the lab.
- [Dexter looks down at his clothes]
- [Dee-Dee explains]
- Dee-Dee: There must be a stripping of the old before you can make way for the new.
The Justice Friends: Say Uncle Sam 
Tribe Called Girl 
Space Case 
The Justice Friends: Ratman 
Dexter's Debt 
The Justice Friends: Bee Where? 
The Justice Friends: Can't Nap 
- Dexter: This isn't one of your stupid knock-knock jokes, is it?
- Dexter: [drinks a vat of chemical waste nearby and confronts Dee-Dee as a Godzilla-like monster] This ends now!
- Dee-Dee: I'm not finished!
Season 2 
Beard to Be Feared 
- Dee-Dee: That is one rugged brother...
- Mee-Mee and Lee-Lee: HEY!
- Dee-Dee: I'm only talkin' 'bout Dexter.
- Mee-Mee and Lee-Lee: We can dig it.
Quackor the Fowl 
Ant Pants 
Mom and Jerry 
Chubby Cheese 
That Crazy Robot 
D & DD 
- Dee Dee: You can be this guy!
- Dexter: What?!
- Valerian: Well, it seems Hodo the furry-footed burrower has joined in our quest!
- Dexter: I don't wanna be no furry-footed burrower.
- Dexter/Hodo: I unsheath my deadly...mandolin?!
- Dee-Dee/Bachelorette: Okay, say we're stranded alone on an island. Do you have any skills that would come in handy, bachelor number 4?
- Dexter/Hodo: I'd dig holes.
Hamhocks and Armlocks 
Dexter: [Shouting at the truck passing by] Hey! Who do you think you are?! King of the Road?!
Dexter: What are Hamhocks? DeeDee: They're gross!
Dad: Earl! You can humilate me. You can destroy my property. But don't you ever close a door on a lady, especially my Wife! You and me wrestle. Be there...or be square!
Hunger Strikes 
The Koos is Loose 
- Koosalagoopagoop: You know, if you turn your lips inside out, you can look like Jimmy Carter.
Morning Stretch 
Dee-Dee Locks and the Ness Monster 
- Wolf: I blow 'is block off unless you can guess my name!
- Dee-Dee Locks: The, uh...Little Bad Wolf?
- Wolf: Ze what bad wolf?
- Dee-Dee Locks: The, uh, Small Bad Wolf-?
- Wolf: (growls)
- Dee-Dee Locks: The, uh, medium-?
- Wolf: (growls)
- Dee-Dee Locks: Big...Bad Wolf?
- Wolf: (laughs appreciatively)
- Dee-Dee Locks: (nudging companions) Ja, everyone, it's the 'Big' Bad Wolf.
Book 'Em 
Sister's Got a Brand New Bag 
Shoo, Shoe Gnomes 
Lab of the Lost 
- Dexter: Look, there's R2-D2!
Game Show 
Fantastic Boyage 
Fillet of Soul 
- Dad: What can we say about our beloved Fishy?
- Dee-Dee: Not much, we only had him for one day.
- Dexter: Good night Einstein. Good night Major Glory! Good night, ghost of dead Fishy.
- Dexter: Dee-Dee! Did you see the disgusting spook-fish that almost killed me?
- Dee-Dee: No. I just like to run around and scream real loud!
Golden Diskette 
- Dexter: I know she is my sister, a girl and the neighbourhood champ, but could you please tell Dee-Dee to stop PUMMELLING ME WITH SNOWBALLS?!
- Dad: Did you say...snowballs?
- Dexter: Uh....Yeah....
- Dad: They...called me Champ. Back when I had...the gift. (flashes back to his childhood) I was a natural from day one. As I grew, so did my skills. In high school, I was untouchable!
- High school kid: Hey, grow up man!
- Dad (VO): They were all just jealous! Jealous of my powers! For I was a king, a force of nature, I was the ultimate snowball warrior! Then I went to college. I was never the same again! (remembers being struck by one snowball)
- Dad: That....was the coldest winter...ever... But that's where you come in! You can help me reclaim my title!
- Dexter: Why not just let Dee-Dee do it?
- Dad: No! Her powers are evil. Only as father and son can we truly carry on the legacy. Let the training begin!
- Dad: Dexter, five words: Scoop, roll, throw, hit, duck!
*figure not included 
Mock 5 
- Dad: The first thing any racer needs is a car! All the best racers drive cars it's how they go but cars don't grow on trees! Except this one 'cos it's made of wood. Behold, the Mock 5!
- Mandark: It's Racer D! The most beautiful racer in the world! Racer D.... (crashes his kart)
- Dad: I can't look, did he crash? No! No, he did just the opposite, he won! Winning is the part I enjoy most about racing especially when the winner is my son! Congratulations Dexter, you've made me very proud.
- Dexter: Thanks, Dad.
- Dad: If only your.... [sniffling] older sister Dee-Dee were here to see this...
- Dee-Dee: I'm right here, Dad!
- Dad: Oh, Dee-Dee..! Dee-Dee, where have you been all these years?!
- Dee-Dee: Right behind you.
- Dad: Oh, you know I never look back there, ha-ha!
Ewww That's Growth 
Nuclear Confusion 
Germ Warfare 
A Hard Day's Day 
Road Rash 
Ocean Commotion 
The Bus Boy 
The Justice Friends: Things That Go Bonk in the Night 
Ol' McDexter 
Sassy Come Home 
Photo Finish 
Star Check Unconventional 
Dexter is Dirty 
Ice Cream Scream 
Decode of Honor 
- Tattooist: So, what image shall I forever scar into your skin? A skull head, a flaming skull head, or the flaming skull head-snake-rose combo?
- Dee-Dee: Um, the club didn't specify, but I was thinking maybe a....gingerbread man?
- Tattooist: .....You mean like....the one on the end of my finger? 'Well, that's no problem, little girl! Hee hee hee!'
- Action Hank: Breakfast is no longer being served! Prepare to get brunched in the face!
World's Greatest Mom 
Ultrajerk 2000 
Dee-Dee Be Deep 
dexter: dee dee you singing horribal! dee dee: my voice is good and i am going! dexter: dee dee come back! dee dee: my voice too deep! nobbudy love me!
Down in the Dumps 
Unfortunate Cookie 
The Muffin King 
Picture Day 
Now That's a Stretch 
Dexter Detention 
Don't Be a Baby 
- Dexter: Computer, what the heck is going on?!
- Computer: Goo goo ga ga goo goo pee-pee!
- Dexter: Hmm, yes, pee-pee...
Dial M for Monkey: Peltra 
G.I.R.L. Squad 
Sports A Poppin' 
Project Dee-Dee 
Topped Off 
Dee-Dee's Tail 
No Power Trip 
Sister Mom 
The Laughing 
Dexter's Lab: A Story 
- [The dog is roaming around under the table sniffing around the family]
- Dad: So, Dexter, where's your new buddy? Oh! Well, hello down there!
- Dog: Hey! It's the man from before!
- Mom: Oh!
- Dog: This one's a lady!
- Mom: He certainly is friendly.
- Dee-Dee: Oh! Yeah, a little too friendly.
- Dog: IT'S THE STICK!
Coupon for Craziness 
Better Off Wet 
- Dee Dee: Where was I going? (a bit of the roof lands on her head) POOL! (She takes off like a jack rabbit, wearing her swimsuit, and sandals, arrives at the pool outside, flips off her slippers and puts on her swimming cap) Hurry up, Dexter! (rides the slide and lands into the pool before she squirts out water)
- Dexter: I am not ready yet. (He takes his hat, dressing gown, and takes off his sandals, showing his purple swimming trunks)
- Dexter's Mum: (She walks by, shows her son that she wears her green bikini, and shows Dexter that she wears her green sandals on her feet, whenever she wants to get them burnt or not get them burnt) Dexter, ready to get wet?!
- Dexter: Almost!! (he rubbing sunscreen onto his arms)
- Dexter's Dad: (he appears behind Dexter's Mum) Hi, Dexter! (the camera pans in on a shocked Dexter)
- Dexter: NO!!! (He takes off like a jack rabbit)
- Dexter's Dad: Dexter? (He looks around)
- Dexter: (blinks on the roof, thinking he is safe) Phew...
- Dexter's Mum: (Now that Dexter's Mum has her sandals off, she stands still on the diving board, before she walks onto the end of it, jumps in into the swimming pool, and makes a big splash! She disappears, swims underwater, makes lot of bubbles, and reappears and makes the next splash) Come on in, Dexter, the water's great!
- Dexter: Okay, Mum.
- Lee Lee: Oh, Dee Dee!
- Mee Mee: We're here!
- Dee Dee: Hi, girls, come on in!
- Dexter: You said it. (realizes Dad, screams in terror, doesn't get pushed into the water, but only hurts Dee Dee and her sisters, pants only for a short while) Phew!
- Dexter's Dad: Darn, I can't get that kid! (He notices Dexter's mum walking up to the pool) Oh, well!
- Dexter's Mum: (She hums, checks to see if the water is warm or cold, gets pushed by Dexter's Dad, screams in terror and lands into the pool)
- Dexter's Dad: Well done, son, you finally made it in the pool.
- Dexter: Thanks, Dad, but I wasn't sure about the water. (Dexter's Parents and sister laugh because Dexter is naked because he has lost his trunks!)
Critical Gas 
Let's Save the World You Jerk! 
Average Joe 
Rushmore Rumble 
A Boy and His Bug 
You Vegetabelieve It 
Aye Aye Eyes 
- Dee-Dee: What are you so happy about? Is it 'cos you're in love?
- Dexter: No, no, no. I'm happy because I FINALLY FOUND MY LASER GUN!
- Dee-Dee: Dexter! Violence isn't the answer. I mean, you can't just zap the creepy-eyed girl, just because she's forcing you to be her boyfriend. Duh.
- Dexter: I know... But what should I do?
- Dee-Dee: Simple. Get her to fall in love with someone else!
- Dexter: Impossible.
- Dee-Dee: Why?
- Dexter: (suavely) 'Cos once you've loved Dex, you've loved the best. [Dee Dee looks disdainful] Uh...what was your plan again..?
Dee-Dee and the Man 
Old Flame 
Don't Be a Hero 
My Favorite Martian 
Paper Route Bout 
- Dee Dee: Uh, Dad? Don't you think you're overreacting? It's only a little coffee.
- Dad: Yeah, but it was pretty hot, you know.
The Old Switcharooms 
Trick or Treehouse 
Quiet Riot 
Accent You Hate 
Catch of the Day 
Dad Is Disturbed 
That's Using Your Head 
- Dee-Dee: You know they're all gonna burn out eventually.
Just an Old-Fashioned Lab Song... 
- Mom: When an electrical problem arises, I call a specialist! [Dad appears with a helmet and tool belt] No, honey. Not you.
The Continuum of Cartoon Fools 
- [Dexter swallows the key to the secret bookcase entrance]
- Dexter: THERE! NOW NO ONE'S GETTING IN! [maniacal laugh]
- Dee-Dee: Hmmm... Yep. No one's getting into Dexter's Lab now.
- [Dexter's smile of insanity turns into a look of horror]
- Dexter: ......Uhhh, oh my dear... In my overwhelming zeal to banish my sister from the lab, I have indeed locked myself out! Too blinded was I not to foresee the most piteous of fates. I have thus performed the ultimate tragic irony! (now standing in front of 'The End' title card) Surely I am the fool of fools on a par with no other. I am no better than that stupid coyote or that crazy duck! Look at me, look at me! I am locked in a continuum of cartoon fools! I am doomed to a life of comic mishap adventures and social indignations! And now, here I stand before you, beaten, defeated and alone...
Sun, Surf and Science 
Big Bots 
Gooey Aliens That Control Your Mind 
Misplaced in Space 
- Alien: Gork.
- Dexter: (translating on his watch) 'Food?' Yeah, 'food'. You ate mine, you ate yours, you ate everybody else's!
- Alien: Gork...
- Dexter: Wh...Why are you looking at me like that?
- Alien: GORK!
Dee-Dee's Rival 
Slightly Psycho 
Game For a Game 
Blackfoot and Slim 
Trapped With a Vengeance 
The Parrot Trap 
- Dexter's Parrot: (in Dee Dee's voice) Dexter's a cookie!
- Dexter: (angrily) I am not a cookie!
- Dexter's Parrot: Dexter's a cookie!
- Dexter: Am not!
- Dexter's Parrot: Are too, cookie! (Dexter violently shakes the stick the parrot is on, and it switches into Dexter's voice) I'm gonna bop you one, girl! (Dexter slams the parrot onto his desk, and it segues back into Dee Dee's voice) COOKIE! (Dexter repeatedly slams the parrot onto the table, until it is later seen beaten nearly into submission, and is flying away)
- Dexter: Good riddance! That has to be my worst invention yet!
- Dexter's Mom: Alright, let's see. I'll need two eggs...
- (Dexter's Mom cracks open two eggs and places them into the cooking bowl beside her)
- Dexter's Mom: One stick of butter...
- (Takes a stick of butter placed near her and places it into the cooking bowl)
- Dexter's Mom: A half a cup of sugar...
- (Dexter's Mom walks over to the left side of the kitchen counter where several containers lay as well as Dexter's Parrot. Mom takes some sugar and places it into the cooking bowl)
- (Dexter's Mom walks over to a spice rack inside the kitchen where various spices are seen as well as Dexter's Parrot from out of nowhere)
- Dexter's Mom: A pinch of cinnamon.
- Parrot: A cup of cinnamon.
- Dexter's Mom: A cup of cinnamon.
- Parrot: A quart of pepper.
- Dexter's Mom: A quart of pepper.
- Parrot: A box of olives.
- Dexter's Mom: A box of peppers.
- Parrot: Yup, yup, yup!
- (Dexter's Mom opens the refrigerator door inside the kitchen where the Parrot is seen inside once again)
- Dexter's Mom: A block of cheese.
- Parrot: A block of cheese.
- Dexter's Mom: A gallon of milk.
- Parrot: A gallon of milk.
- (Dexter's Mom takes the Parrot out of the refridgerator)
- Parrot: Are you sneaking up on me?!?
- (Mom back at the kitchen counter using the Parrot as a coffee boiler and pouring it into the bowl)
- Dexter's Mom: A cup of coffee.
- Parrot: A cup of coffee.
- (Mom settles the Parrot back down on the counter)
- Dexter's Mom: Beans!
- Parrot: Beans!
- (Cookies fly out of the bowl suddenly)
- Parrot: Cooooooooookies!
- Dexter's Mom: Cooooooooookies!
- Parrot: Worms and plastic minnows.
- Dexter's Mom: Now wait just a minute here! ...... Where am I gonna get worms and plastic minnows?
- Parrot: The Florida Everglades!
- (Mom is seen immediately backing the car out of the house's driveway and driving away)
Dexter and Computress Get Mandark! 
- Dexter: You are stupid! You are stupid! And don't forget, you are stupid!
The Justice Friends: Pain in the Mouth 
Dexter vs Santa's Claws 
- Dynomutt: Oooooh, what does this button do?
- Dad: Nice uniform. You on some kind of sports team?
- Blue Falcon: I'm the Blue Falcon.
- Dad: Oh, yeah, the Falcons! You guys didn't do so well last season.
- Blue Falcon: I'm the Blue Falcon!
- Dad: Aww, don't be blue!
- Blue Falcon: I don't understand! This isn't like my old Dynomutt at all!
- Dexter: Well...He's not, I built you an all-new one.
- Blue Falcon: What? Why?
- Dexter: Well, the old one was just a goofy idiot sidekick.
- Blue Falcon: He wasn't just a goofy idiot sidekick! He was a....go-go dog person!
- Blue Falcon: Remember, Dexter: It's a goofy idiot sidekick that makes a superhero super.
- Dad: [Singing] My goodness, my gracious, when will this day be done? Will I have a girl or will I have a son?
- Dexter: [Singing sadly as the limelight shines on him] This is not fantasy. This is reality. I'm stuck for my life! I'm stuck and I'll be stuck forever! With...my sister...DeeDee!
Last But Not Beast 
Season 3 
Streaky Clean 
A Dad Cartoon 
Sole Brother 
Mind Over Chatter 
Dexter: [In his mind] Yuck! Mom's oatmeal! Tastes like barf!
Mom [Gasps] Dexter! Don't be rude!
Dexter: [Confused] Huh?
Dexter: [In his mind while watching DeeDee scarfing down her oatmeal] That sister of mine! What a ferocious pig!
DeeDee: Hey! I'm no pig!
Mom : That is enough Dexter! Time for school.
Dexter: But wait Dad, what-
Dad: The answer is no! Now get!
Dexter: [In his mind] Dad, what a stubborn poopoo doodie head!
Dad: I heard that!
Mom: And we are going to have a serious talk about your potty mouth when you get home from school today!
Rude Removal 
Rude Dexter: Where the (censored) are we?
Rude Dee Dee: Beats the (censored) out of me!
Nice Dexter: Why, you're in Dexter's Laboratory, silly. I'm Dexter, and this golden-haired angel behind me is my charming sister, Dee Dee.
Nice Dee Dee: Charmed!
Rude Dexter: Ah, (censored) off!
Nice Dexter and Dee Dee: [Gasp] Oh dear!
Mom: I hope you're hungry, 'cause I made a [trips over Rude Dexter] very... SPECIAL LUNCH THAT I GOT FROM A RECIPE THAT I... FOUND IN A BESSIE CRACKER MAGAZINE! [pants] I hope you like it.
Mom: [Dizzy] Well, what do you think, Dexter?
Rude Dexter: [Mouth full] I think it tastes like (censored)! [Spits at Mom]
Mom: [Angry] Dexter! No, absolutely not! You cannot have any dessert!
Rude Dexter: Why? You want it all to yourself?
Mom: [Gasps, then faints]