Ronnie James Dio
(Redirected from Dio)
Ronald James Padavona (10 July 1942 – 16 May 2010), better known as Ronnie James Dio, was an Italian-American metal musician, best known as vocalist of 'Rainbow', 'Black Sabbath', 'Dio', and later 'Heaven and Hell'.
- I'm lucky that I am a very hard person, and strong within my beliefs, so that this hasn't really been a problem to me, y'know I just get cancer, I'll kick the hell outta you.
- I refuse to be beaten in any way shape or form, so I'm gonna beat this too.
- We always seem to begin or end in Philadelphia, it's the best place to start and the best place to stop. You're fantastic. My favorite place. Thank you!
- "If there isn't light when no one sees
Than how can I know what you might believe?..."
- The Sign of the Southern Cross (Mob Rules, 1982)
- "...Love is a never ending smile."
- Wishing Well (Heaven and Hell, 1980)
- When I see lightning - you know it always brings me down
'Cause it's free and I see that it's me
Who's lost and never found.
- Rainbow in the Dark (Holy Diver, 1983)
- My childhood was safe and sane. No abuse and no traumas. I was surrounded by a large and loving family who taught me the importance of hard work and a meaningful education.
- Lyrically I like to use themes that make the listener use his or her imagination, and to give a little of the lessons I've learned in my own life.
- The best subjects are always people, who never fail to amaze me by their unpredictability.
- I always wanted to be a basketball player.