District 9 is a 2009 science fiction film about an extraterrestrial race forced to live in slum-like conditions on Earth who suddenly finds a kindred spirit in a government agent who is exposed to their biotechnology.
- Directed by Neill Blomkamp. Written by Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell, and produced by Peter Jackson.
Wikus Van De Merwe
- [to Fundiswa, referring to the face mask] You don't need that, man. Only sissies wear that. You don't need that.
- [upon finding a large weapons cache] This is Christmas.
- [pointing at alien graffiti] This is basically a guy, and there's three humans here. Basically trying to make a warning, you know, he's saying "I killed three humans, watch out for me."
- [on the phone, after his call is aborted] I've been friends with you for fucking 19 years, man! [to an observer] Fuck off! What are you watching, man?! Fuck off!
- This whole's thing's under your shack? For 20 years, you've had this fuckin' thing hidden down here? This is, this is very illegal. I mean, this is... this is a fine — if they catch you with it.
- [to his wife] Honey, you have to believe me, I never had sex with a creature. I would never have sex with any fuckin' creature.
- Fucking prawns!
- [in the Exo-Suit] You wanna fucking play with me, Koobus?! You fucker!
- I mean, you can't say they don't look like that, that's what they look like, right? They look like prawns.
MNU Instructional Voice
- [in MNU Humvee] When dealing with aliens, try to be polite, but firm. And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet.
- MNU Agent: MNU! We're serving eviction notices.
- Alien: What is "eviction"?
- Christopher Johnson's Son: How many moons does our planet have?
- Christopher Johnson: Seven.
- Christopher Johnson's Son: This planet only has one. I can't wait to see our planet again... it's bigger than this one, isn't it?
- Christopher Johnson: [turns off holographic atlas of what seems to be the Alien home planet] Enough.
- Christopher Johnson's Son: We go home now?
- Christopher Johnson: Not home, no. This is where we must go. [shows his son an MNU brochure outlining "Sanctuary Park Alien Relocation Camp" aka District 10] See that tent there? That might be ours.
- Christopher Johnson's Son: I want to go home!
- Christopher Johnson: We can't go home. Not anymore.
- Christopher Johnson's Son: Fuel goes in here!
- Christopher Johnson: That's enough! QUIET!
- Christopher Johnson's Son: ...then we fly away.
- Christopher Johnson: I said QUIET! We cannot trust him.
- Wikus Van De Merwe: What is he saying about the fuel, is this, are you trying to start this thing? He-he... Are you little fuckers trying to start this, and get away, eh?
- Christopher Johnson: Never mind.
- Wikus Van De Merwe: Ha-ha. Yeah, you sneaky fuckin' prawns, heh? I knew you prawns were intelligent.
- Christopher Johnson: Too bad. I could have fixed you.
- Wikus Van De Merwe: Wha-- Well-well-wha-what did you say about-about the fixing?
- Christopher Johnson: [after Wikus uses his alien weapon to kill a guard] Fuck! I thought you said not to kill them?
- Wikus Van De Merwe: He shot at me!
- Wikus Van De Merwe: Don't give up on me, Okay? Because I haven't given up on you. Alright?
- Tania Van De Merwe: I won't.
- Sharlto Copley - Wikus van de Merwe
- Jason Cope - Grey Bradnam, Christopher Johnson
- Eugene Khumbanyiwa - Obesandjo
- David James - Colonel Koobus Venter
- William Allen Young - Dirk Michaels
- Louis Minnaar - Piet Smit
- Mandla Gaduka - Fundiswa Mhlanga
- Vanessa Haywood - Tania van de Merwe
- Sylvaine Strike - Katrina McKenzie
- John Sumner - Les Feldman
- Jed Brophy - James Hope
- Vittorio Leonardi - Michael Bloemstein