Dr. George Claw is the main villain in the animated television series Inspector Gadget. He runs a criminal syndicate called "M.A.D.", whose mascot is an evil cat named "MAD Cat" (which he keeps by his side). His hideout is usually in an old castle in Transylvania with a thunderstorm brewing outside. Dr. Claw's plans would be foiled in every episode, forcing him to flee in his versatile black and red vehicle called the Clawmobile - also known as the MADmobile (which could fire missiles and change into a car, jet or submarine). While escaping he would yell his catch phrase: "I'll get you next time, Gadget!... Next time!" —, or some variation, which was followed by MAD Cat's signature yowl and hiss.
- Oh no, we're being chased by the hatchback squad.
- Just Claw, one word...like Madonna.
- (repeated line) I'll get you next time, Gadget!
- Dr. Claw: I deserve a dashing appelatian.
- Kramer: A "Dashing Appalachian", what is that,a hill-billy with a tudexo?
- Dr. Claw: No you idiot! It's a nickname...one that will send my enemies cowering in fear. Hm... too bad "Hook" is taken, huh?
- Inspector Gadget: You blew up me and my Chevette. And I really liked that car.
- Dr. Claw: Well, you crushed my hand, I really liked that hand. So Go-Go get over it.
- Dr. Claw: [being arrested] Fine work Mr. Security Guard, you got me. Here. [pulls out a stick of dynamite disguised as a cigar] Have a victory cigar.
- Inspector Gadget: No thanks.
- Dr. Claw: [lights the cigar and throws it towards Gadget] Remember: smoking kills.
- Inspector Gadget: I don't smoke.
- Dr. Claw: Oh really? You will now!