Drop Dead Fred
Drop Dead Fred is the 1991 movie about a young woman whose life is rocked when her husband leaves her, and is made worse when the imaginary friend from her childhood comes back.
Drop Dead Fred
- Fred: Hello snotface!! Yuk! What happened to you? Look at you, you're all older, you're even uglier. Euck! I'm sorry, I'm going to have to be sick all over you immediately, lie down.
- Fred: (looking up Mother's skirt) Look, cobwebs!
- Young Elizabeth: Did they live happily ever after?
- Mother: Of course, Elizabeth.
- Young Elizabeth: How do you know?
- Mother: Because, she was a good little girl. If she had been naughty the prince would have run away.
- Young Elizabeth: What a pile of shit.
- Elizabeth: Annabella, is that her name? Oh god, i didn't know that. All I know is what you did with her, on our sofa.
- Charles: Oh Lizzie, I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. I've been smitten by Annabella, I've been bewitched by her. I have been pounded flat on the anvil of love like a piece of veal with a salad on top.
- Elizabeth: Charles, this is really important to me.
- Charles: Lizzie, lizzie, let's not go through all this goodbye, I never want to see you again stuff, because we will wanna see each other again. I mean two years, we're not going to throw away two years are we?
- Elizabeth: It was three years, in June.
- Elizabeth: I'm so sorry your honour, I lost my money, my car, my husband.
- Judge: All in one lunch hour.
- Father: (confused for a minute, then pleased to hear about Drop Dead Fred) Sweetie, why did you call him Drop Dead Fred?
- Young Elizabeth: (sweetly) Because that's his name, daddy, and Drop Dead Fred is going to teach me how to cook today. I'm going to need flour and sugar and honey and vodka and a pair of your pants. We're making pants pie. Ow!
- Mother: (confused) Vodka and pants pie, huh? God know what else?
- Father: (arguing with Polly) She's only a kid, Polly.
- Young Elizabeth: Daddy, how about we throw Mommy out the window? It won't hurt her. She will land right in the Gladiolies. (then she gets tickled by Nigel)
- Father: (laughing) You shouldn't say things like that about your mother, or she might cut your head off.
- Mother: (upset at her daughter) Very funny, Elizabeth! Sometimes I think I don't love you as much as I used to.
- Young Elizabeth: (arguing with her mother) But, Mom, Drop Dead Fred does.
- Mother: (angrily scolding Elizabeth) No more Drop Dead Fred and that's final! Period!
- Mother (enraged at Elizabeth after winding up Drop Dead Fred's prison): Elizabeth, do not ever touch this again, or I'm gonna throw it in the trash. And you know what it will happen next? He will be crushed to death.
- Young Elizabeth (writing a letter to Fred with a green crayon because green is his favorite color): Dear Drop Dead Fred, you were my only friend, but she took you away from me. I know I'll see you again.... someday.
- Mickey: We were all a little afraid of your mother.
- Elizabeth: Not Fred, he always stood up for me.
- Mickey: Well that's what friends are for, even imaginary ones.
- Janie: I did this self actualising course this week and basically they taught us that pain is your friend, it's your humanity, pain makes you interesting.
- Elizabeth: Janie..
- Janie: Look at Elvis.
- Elizabeth: Yeah, but didn't Elvis kill himself?
- Janie: Yes, but before that he was very, very interesting.
- Fred: Expecting Charles. Well that's important. I'd beter go then. There's just one little problem, Charles isn't coming.
- Elizabeth: what do you mean?
- Fred: I wrote the note. Hahahahaha, haven't got a husband, haven't got a husband!
- Elizabeth: I have some bad news for you.
- Janie: More?
- Elizabeth: Well, remember your house?
- Janie: Yeah.
- Elizabeth: It, it sank.
- Elizabeth: I heard you, you said Annabella.
- Charles: If I said 'Oh, Annabella' isn't it better that I said 'Oh Annabella' and was here with you, than to say 'Oh, Lizzie' and be somewhere else with Annabella.
- Dishes. Relationships. Wind. This guy breaks everything.
- Rik Mayall - Drop Dead Fred
- Phoebe Cates - Elizabeth Cronin
- Marsha Mason - Polly (Mother) Cronin
- Tim Matheson - Charles
- Carrie Fisher - Janie
- Ashley Peldon - Young Elizabeth
- Ron Eldard - Mickey Bunce