Eduard Shevardnadze (born 25 January 1928) is a Georgian politician. He served as President of Georgia from 1995 until 2003. Prior to Georgian independence from the USSR, he served as Soviet Foreign Minister.
- "In times of crisis, I always believe one should be where the people are."
- While standing on a tank outisde the Parliament building in Moscow during the August 1991 coup.
- "Corruption has its own motivations, and one has to thoroughly study that phenomenon and eliminate the foundations that allow corruption to exist."
- "You know, to address crowds and make promises does not require very much brains."
- "It is time to realize that neither socialism, nor friendship, nor good-neighborliness, nor respect can be produced by bayonets, tanks or blood."
|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|