FernGully: The Last Rainforest
Ferngully: The Last Rainforest is a 1992 film that follows Zak, a young slacker working for a logging team cutting down trees in the rainforest. Little do they know that they are coming close to a magical place called FernGully, and its fairy inhabitants. Crysta, a young fairy with slight magic ability, shrinks Zak to fairy-size, and together they fight to save the home that is threatened by logging and a polluting force of destruction called Hexxus, who the loggers accidentally release from his twisted-tree prison.
- I wish... I wish the human tales were true! They're not here to protect the forest. They're cutting down trees. They're destroying the forest!! And I was helping them do it. Batty was right. They're coming this way. You can't stop them! You all have to leave.
- [as he leaves with Tony and Ralph] Guys, things have got to change.
- [to Pips] Keep the stereo, dude.
- Humans don't feel anything. They're numb from the brain down.
- Awesome use of the langauge, dude.
- [hits a tree] Red Light! [hits a second tree] Red light again!
- I have but one claw... but beware!
- Delicious and nutritious, tastes just like chicken!
- Human tales? Humans don't HAVE tails. They have big big bottoms in bad shorts! They walk around going "Hi, Helen!"
- For a minute I thought you said you were going to Mount Warning.
- Oh, gravity works.
- Why do I not believe you?
- It's Darwin's grab-bag!
- You know, Zak, truth doesn't always win friends, but it certainly influences people. You're not half-bad for a hominid.
- There are worlds within worlds, Crysta. Everything in our world is connected by the delicate strands of the web of life, which is a balance between the forces of destruction and the magical forces of creation.
- The humans have released Hexxus. Gather everyone in the circle.
- Mmm. Delicious. A first class smoke. Mother's milk. What is this delightful thing? And how did I get out of that tree? Of course! Humans. What wonderful creatures. So clever, so helpful. I must take this human thing to... FernGully!
- Ralph: Are you sure the Leveler can handle this baby?
- Tony: Sure, the Leveler eats anything.
- Ralph: Kinda like you.
- Tony: [grabs Ralph] How many times a day I gotta threaten your life?
- Hexxus: New orders, boys. You're going to FernGully. And I want you there by morning.
- Tony: By morning?! Oh, I don't know if we can do that.
- Hexxus: You'll just have to work harder, then. Double shifts. No breaks.
- Tony: No breaks?!
- Hexxus: And make sure you've got plenty of oil!
- Tony: Roger that. We'll give it a gas.
- Crysta: What are the trees like where you live?
- Zak: Not like this. I live in a city.
- Crysta: Ci-dy?
- Zak: Yeah, you know... buildings, traffic, cars, lights - a city. Most humans live in cities. There's not many trees there.
- Crysta: But how can you live without trees?
- Zak: Easy.
- Crysta: Well, trees give life. They make the clouds, the rain, the air.
- Zak: We've got air.
- Batty Koda: Yeah, if you don't mind getting all your minerals in one breath. [coughs loudly]
- Batty Koda: Nobody cares about me.
- Zak: I do, bat man.
- Batty Koda: Are you sure?
- Zak: I'm positive.
- Batty Koda: Only fools are positive.
- Zak: Are you sure?
- Batty Koda: I'm positive--I fell for it! I should have known!
- Crysta: Well, come on.
- Batty Koda: My heart! [gasps] Oh my heart! I can't go on! I don't think my little wings can make it!
- Crysta: Hmmm, maybe you should wait here for me.
- Batty Koda: This is a fabulous idea. I really think we should fly with that, only, why don't you stay here with me?
- Crysta: It's okay, really. I'll be right back.
- Batty Koda: Why do I not believe you?
- Crysta: [about a tree] Can't you feel it's pain?
- For Our Children and Our Childrens' Children.
- Do you believe in humans?
- They live in a secret world touched by magic and adventure, and the only human who has ever been there must now fight to save it.
- Tim Curry - Hexxus
- Robin Williams - Batty Koda
- Samantha Mathis - Crysta
- Christian Slater - Pips
- Jonathan Ward - Zak
- Grace Zabriskie - Magi Lune