Filth and Wisdom
Filth and Wisdom (2008) is the widely panned first feature film directed by Madonna, starring Eugene Hütz, Holly Weston, Vicky McClure and Richard E. Grant. It was filmed on location in London, England from May 14 to May 29, 2007 with additional scenes shot in July 2007.
The film premiered at the Berlin International Film Festival on February 13, 2008 which was attended by Madonna and cast members Hütz, Weston and McClure. It has to date received mostly negative reviews much like Madonna's failed acting career.
- Humanity seems to be divided into 2 categories: people trying to be good and people trying to be bad
- You know, in my country there is a saying: "He, who licks the knives, soon will cut his tongue"
- I don't mean to be rude, but if you love word so much, how could you stop writing?
- The last time a man put his hand on me did not end very nicely
- Nobody gives a fuck about ballet
- You know, in my country there is a saying:"If you want to reach the sky - fuck a duck and try to fly"
- You know, in my country we have a saying:"A man without a mustache, is like woman with mustache"
- Envelopes, envelopes... everybody's getting envelopes...where the fuck is my enlelope?
- In my country we have a saying:"If the demon is powerless send him a woman"
- Why is everyone obsessed with these bloody starving Africans?...(noticing a black guy at the counter)...uuhhhhh..hello
- You are wild disguisting gypsy
Andrey: there is more to love than words
Professor: for instance?
Andrey: for instance a back of a woman's neck
Professor: but you need words to tell me that
Stephen: What time is it, Ade?
Ade: Tic tac it's a drink o'clock
Holly: What colour is my hair?
Professor: uh, that's tough one.Let me see, I have to guess...uhhhhh...Blond?
Holly: No I'm not,I'm brunette.
Professor: You're not clever enough to be a brunette!