- The free circulation of citizens, which is sacrosanct, cannot become the free circulation of criminals.
- Interview by La Stampa, (23 April 2008)
- [for indicted foreigners] simple expulsion is not enough (...) they must be arrested immediately, tried using a fast-track procedure, and then expelled to serve their sentences in the countries they came from, (...) it isn’t right that foreign criminals are being housed in our [Italian] jails.
- Interview by Il Giornale (28 April 2008)
- Italy as you know is the closest neighbour of both Tunisia and Libya so we are extremely concerned about the repercussions on the migratory situation in the southern Mediterranean.
- EU Observer (21 February 2011)
|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|