Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare is a 1991 film which was intended to be the final installment of the A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, in which Freddy Krueger returns to succeed in his goal of murdering the children of Springwood, Ohio.
- [Dressed up as the Wicked Witch of the West, riding a broomstick] I'll get you, my pretty! And your little soul, too!
- John Doe: [looks at a child's drawing] "K. Krueger." Could mean anything from Kevin to Kyle.
- Maggie Burroughs: All it really means is there was a child here by that name.
- John Doe: No. It's me. I'm his kid. That's why he's kept me alive. He's trying to play some sick game with me.
- Maggie Burroughs: He is dead, all right. He's dead, and your not his kid.
- John Doe: How do you know? [points at Orphanage Woman] She remembered me.
- Maggie Burroughs: She remembered me, too, and 50 other imaginary friends. Let's get out of here.
- John Doe: I know why you let me go.
- Freddy Krueger: Ohh. Do you think I'm your daddy? Mm-mm! Wrong!
- [Freddy begins slicing at John's parachute line]
- John Doe: But you let me live.
- Freddy Krueger: Only long enough for to bring me back my daughter.
- John Doe: Your daughter?
- Freddy Krueger: [begins slicing away at other parachute line] And now, she's gonna take me to a whole new playground.
- John Doe: No!
- Freddy Krueger: [chops away at last line] Grounded!
- Tracy: No one remembers John or Carlos. It's like they never existed. I've been hearing strange shit. Like some of the kids are dreaming about Carlos. And they don't even remember him.
- Doc: I remember him.
- Tracy: Why?
- Doc: Because I can control my dreams. I'm not fooled by this thing you saw.
- Maggie Burroughs: Freddy.
- Doc: Whatever he is, he's fucking with the line between dreams and reality. He didn't just kill Carlos and the others. He erased them.
- Freddy's Father: You been a waste since the day I took you in. Now it's time to take your medicine.
- [whips Freddy with a belt]
- Young Freddy: [laughs as the belt strikes him] Thank you, sir. May I have another?
- [his father whips him four more times, but before he can do it the fifth time, Freddy grabs the belt]
- Young Freddy: You wanna know the secret of pain? If you just stop feeling it, you can start using it.
- [holds up a bloody razor blade]
- Doc: Now he's gonna try and trick you just like he tricked Tracy. He'll try and use your eyes to fool you. You'll use these.
- [shows her 3D glasses]
- Maggie Burroughs: Get the hell outta here.
- Doc: You want to live? These mean nothing here, but in a dream, they can be anything you want. He got inside your head. You get inside of his.
- Maggie Burroughs: That's my job, isn't it?
- Tracy: Be careful. He's good at finding out what hurts the most.
- Doc: Exactly.
- Tracy: That's why you gotta take me with you.
- Maggie Burroughs: I can't. It's gotta be me and him. All right, Doc. Put me in.
- Freddy Krueger: Sticks and stones may break my bones, but nothing will ever kill me. Well, let's see now. First, they tried burning me. [slices off thumb] Then they tried burying me. [slices off index finger] But this... this is my favorite. They even tried holy water! [slices off middle finger, drops hand out of frame and holds it up again with all fingers intact] But I just keep on tickin'... because they promised me that.
- Doc: They?
- Freddy Krueger: The dream people. The ones that gave me this job. In dreams... I am forever! Too bad you're not.
- Freddy Krueger: Time to start all over again.
- Maggie Burroughs: But this isn't Springwood.
- Freddy Krueger: [laughs] Every town has an Elm Street!
- Freddy Krueger: Go ahead... put it on. It's in your blood. That's it. Put it on. Feels good, doesn't it? Yeah... come on. Let your daddy show you how to use it.
- [Maggie slips on the glove and stabs Freddy in his stomach]
- Tracy: Maggie! Maggie!
- [Tracy tosses her a stick of dynamite and Maggie shoves it into Freddy's chest. She kisses Freddy on the cheek]
- Maggie Burroughs: Happy Father's Day.
- [runs out of the room]
- Freddy Krueger: [looks at the screen] Oh... Kids.
- [Freddy explodes]
- Evil has finally met its match.
- They Saved The Best For Last.
- Born: November 2, 1984, Dies: September 13, 1991
- You Think You Know About Dreams... You Know Nothing!
- Lisa Zane - Maggie Burroughs/Katherine Krueger
- Robert Englund - Freddy Krueger
- Shon Greenblatt - John Doe
- Lezlie Deane - Tracy
- Breckin Meyer - Spencer
- Ricky Dean Logan - Carlos
- Yaphet Kotto - Doc
- Lisa Wilcox - Alice Johnson (uncredited/flashback)
- Tobe Sexton - Teenage Freddy Krueger
- Johnny Depp - Guy on TV who gets knocked out by Freddy with a frying pan.
- Tom Arnold - Childless Man
- Roseanne Barr - Ethel
- Alice Cooper - Freddy's father (uncredited)